Dave Knapp

US Embassy Manila - Passport Return Delay - HELP!!!! [merged threads]

41 posts in this topic

My wife's interview was August 9.  They said everything was fine and she'd get her visa in 1 to 2 weeks.  It's been over 3 weeks and no status.  Not through auto email. Not online.  Sent an email to the Embassy 2 days ago.  Still waiting a response.  Anyone have current experience with this.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

It's been over 3 weeks and no status.  Not through auto email. Not online.

Nothing from CEAC status check?  https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

I know of quite a few persons who received their passports from US Embassy Manila recently in just 2 or 3 days.  There are always exceptions and it's not unheard of for it to take quite a bit longer but after 3 weeks you definitely might want to start following up. 

Other ways you can check the status of the passport at US Embassy Manila is to e-mail passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com with the subject and body of the e-mail just the passport number.  It should generate an auto-response with the passport status.  They also have a web form here https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp where you can input the passport number and see the status..

If her CEAC status is "Issued" or the other status updates say it was already shipped yet she still doesn't have it, you can also e-mail LBC at ustraveldocssupport@lbcexpress.com or call the LBC hotline at (02)8858-5999 to verify if they don't have it and are experiencing some delivery issue.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

On 9/2/2023 at 6:00 AM, top_secret said:

I know of quite a few persons who received their passports from US Embassy Manila recently in just 2 or 3 days.  There are always exceptions and it's not unheard of for it to take quite a bit longer but after 3 weeks you definitely might want to start following up. 

Other ways you can check the status of the passport at US Embassy Manila is to e-mail passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com with the subject and body of the e-mail just the passport number.  It should generate an auto-response with the passport status.  They also have a web form here https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp where you can input the passport number and see the status..

If her CEAC status is "Issued" or the other status updates say it was already shipped yet she still doesn't have it, you can also e-mail LBC at ustraveldocssupport@lbcexpress.com or call the LBC hotline at (02)8858-5999 to verify if they don't have it and are experiencing some delivery issue.

No status.  Nothing.  A virtual black hole.  tried to call 20 times Friday.  Could not reach a human at Visa Services,  only automated attendants that didn't give an option that connected to people. Did speak to the main operator who could not help as visa services has its own numbers and not extensions. Maybe we have to fly to Manila again although I'm not sure how to get to talk with anyone once we get there.  We'll start calling again Tuesday, after the holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife had her CR1 interview on August 9 and was told by the Consular Officer that everything was fine and she should receive her passport and visa in 1 to 2 weeks.  It will be 5 weeks tomorrow and no passport/visa.  No change of status, no updates, and no response to the 2 written inquiries that are over a week old.  The one person we spoke to there said not to worry, and at that time I accepted that, but yesterday another VJ member told me they had their interview for a CR1 on August 1 and got the passport/visa back in 2 weeks.  Now I'm worried. 

Will it help to get an immigration attorney?  Are there other steps I can take ?  I'm about ready to bring this to my Senators/congressman.  Would it do any good to go to the embassy? 

Help. 

Thanks,

Dave Knapp 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved to the Philippines forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Dave Knapp said:

My wife had her CR1 interview on August 9 and was told by the Consular Officer that everything was fine and she should receive her passport and visa in 1 to 2 weeks.  It will be 5 weeks tomorrow and no passport/visa.  No change of status, no updates, and no response to the 2 written inquiries that are over a week old.  The one person we spoke to there said not to worry, and at that time I accepted that, but yesterday another VJ member told me they had their interview for a CR1 on August 1 and got the passport/visa back in 2 weeks.  Now I'm worried. 

Will it help to get an immigration attorney?  Are there other steps I can take ?  I'm about ready to bring this to my Senators/congressman.  Would it do any good to go to the embassy? 

Help. 

Thanks,

Dave Knapp 

Have you emailed them? It often takes two weeks or so for them to respond 

Edited by IWander

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dave Knapp said:

Will it help to get an immigration attorney?  Are there other steps I can take ? 

You can hire an attorney to file a wom.

Or DIY wom.

We check her status on CEAC and through the passport number email twice a day. We spoke today, to a Human, in the US somewhere ( NVC? ) who assured us that the embassy is reviewing her case.  It's hard for me to imagine a scenario where there is an ongoing review and they don't want some kind of additional evidence. We've heard nothing from the Embassy.  The real issue is that her Medical clearance was only for 90 days and it expires on November 2.  That's only 51 days from now.  If she isn't boots on the ground at a POE by that date, she can't go.  And my guess is that the medical ####### will have to be done again.  She'll have the same issue with the chest xray and it will be another 4 months to get a new medical clearance.  Starting to get desperate.  

• Chancy changed the title to US Embassy Manila - Passport Return Delay - HELP!!!! [merged threads]
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dave Knapp said:

We check her status on CEAC and through the passport number email twice a day. We spoke today, to a Human, in the US somewhere ( NVC? ) who assured us that the embassy is reviewing her case.  It's hard for me to imagine a scenario where there is an ongoing review and they don't want some kind of additional evidence. We've heard nothing from the Embassy.  The real issue is that her Medical clearance was only for 90 days and it expires on November 2.  That's only 51 days from now.  If she isn't boots on the ground at a POE by that date, she can't go.  And my guess is that the medical ####### will have to be done again.  She'll have the same issue with the chest xray and it will be another 4 months to get a new medical clearance.  Starting to get desperate.  

How did you speak to a human at the NVC, as they have disabled their customer support phone lines to focus on the backkog?

On 9/12/2023 at 9:48 PM, W199 said:

How did you speak to a human at the NVC, as they have disabled their customer support phone lines to focus on the backkog?

I may have assumed he was at NVC.  We called a number in Manila, but the gentleman we spoke to continually referred to "the Embassy Staff"  which made me believe he wasn't in Manila.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Dave Knapp said:

I may have assumed he was at NVC.  We called a number in Manila, but the gentleman we spoke to continually referred to "the Embassy Staff"  which made me believe he wasn't in Manila.

You must have called ustraveldocs,  ..  https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp   The NVC is in NH

6 hours ago, W199 said:

You must have called ustraveldocs,  ..  https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp   The NVC is in NH

Agreed.  But this guy was not in the US Embassy in Manila.  He talked about Embassy staff as if they were not co-located. Doesn't much matter.  He knew only what was in the in the "system" and that was that it was under administrative review. I just cancelled all flights and reservations.  If Murphy's Law is applicable here, now that I've cancelled everything, we should get a green light from the embassy any minute. 

On 9/1/2023 at 3:58 AM, Chancy said:

Nothing from CEAC status check?  https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Nada.  It says "ready" which I am told means that the visa was digitally generated by the State Dept and sent to Manila.  No letters, no 221g, no nothing. Consular Officer said "You're approved" and gave her 2 pamphlets. Going there on Sep 22 to speak to someone. No other way to proceed except maybe an attorney, but they would have to be here in Manila, and that sector is riddled with scammers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.