Slim213

Is this normal ? Applied for i751 since Jan 2020

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, D-R-J said:

Did you submit a service request for a case outside of normal processing time? https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Yes,I have submitted multiple case enquiries but nothing.Applied for citizenship in April hoping it will expedite the 1751 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Slim213 said:

seriously need advise on what next steps to take

It is normal and yet interable.

File a  WoM: 

Edited by Mike E

- Were you in status when you applied for AOS?

- Did you have prior marriages in Nigeria? If yes, were you divorced properly?

- If you were married in Nigeria, did you divorce soon after getting visa in passport, before coming to the US?

- If you were married in Nigeria, did you divorce soon after coming to the US?

- Were you single in Nigeria, but in visa application said you were married?

- Are you married now living with your US citizen spouse, or are you divorced?

- Did you ever seek the asylum in the US?

All of the factors above can affect the speed at which I-751 is processed.

If none applies, maybe it's bad luck and you should consider Writ of Mandamus.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

- Were you in status when you applied for AOS?

- Did you have prior marriages in Nigeria? If yes, were you divorced properly?

- if you were married in Nigeria, did you divorce soon after getting visa in passport, before coming to the US?

- Were you single in Nigeria, but in visa application said you were married?

- Are you married now living with your US citizen spouse, or are you divorced?

- Did you ever seek the asylum in the US?

All of the factors above can affect the speed at which I-751 is processed.

If none applies, maybe it's bad luck and you should consider Writ of Mandamus.

I was on F-1 and switched when I got married. 2 Never stated married because I was single 3 Never seeker asylum 4 I am currently divorced and switched to waiver as shown in the application 5 I am currently divorced .Thanks for you input 

Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Switching to divorce waiver likely increased processing time and difficulty of this case. Also, any chance your ex wrote something bad to USCIS about you?

Highly possible.She was schizophrenic,tried to get me back for almost a year.Apologizing incessantly but it wasn’t healthy as it became abusive.Her dad and siblings wrote me Notarized affidavits stating the abuse (which was included in the divorce waiver application).Have video evidence of the abuse plus audio of her stating if she can’t have me no one else would lol

6 minutes ago, Slim213 said:

Highly possible.She was schizophrenic,tried to get me back for almost a year.Apologizing incessantly but it wasn’t healthy as it became abusive.Her dad and siblings wrote me Notarized affidavits stating the abuse (which was included in the divorce waiver application).Have video evidence of the abuse plus audio of her stating if she can’t have me no one else would lol

Well, I think this explains why your case is taking forever. You're likely need to prepare yourself for the elaborate I-751 interview and file WoM yourself or with a lawyer.

Timeline
Just now, OldUser said:

Well, I think this explains why your case is taking forever. You're likely need to prepare yourself for the elaborate I-751 interview and file WoM yourself or with a lawyer.

Thanks for you input.Have a lawyer already.Filed using a Lawyer.Was just wondering why it’s taking forever to even schedule an interview 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Slim213 said:

Thanks for you input.Have a lawyer already.Filed using a Lawyer.Was just wondering why it’s taking forever to even schedule an interview 

I-751 is not a priority. Divorce waiver cases even less so.

You have enough going on that someone at USCIS might be hoping you just give

up, or maybe they are waiting to see if you leave the U.S. on a trip, deny you then, and then hope CBP locks you up.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I-751 is not a priority. Divorce waiver cases even less so.

You have enough going on that someone at USCIS might be hoping you just give

up, or maybe they are waiting to see if you leave the U.S. on a trip, deny you then, and then hope CBP locks you up.

I have traveled overseas over 5 times and never had issues returning with the 48 month extension letter.I haven’t done anything wrong,have maintained legal status,followed all the right channels,never done anything illegal.I don’t see how I’m gonna get locked up just like that LOL

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Slim213 said:

I don’t see how I’m gonna get locked up just like that LOL

LOL huh?

Those with pending I-751s whose cases get denied while abroad can be locked up on return to the U.S.  Depends on the CBP station. It definitely puts the Conditional back into CPR. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

LOL huh?

Those with pending I-751s whose cases get denied while abroad can be locked up on return to the U.S.  Depends on the CBP station. It definitely puts the Conditional back into CPR. 

Makes sense now … The LOL wasn’t meant to be in a disrespectful way,I apologize.Thought if you did the right thing and followed the proper channels you are good to go 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.