ability

Need help. Trying to apply for citizenship online

13 posts in this topic

So I'm on the evidence part, it says your form is not completed, please upload evidence about your current spouse's qualifying employment abroad. But he doesn't work abroad and has never worked since we got married. What I should do? Just skip? It says that if you don't provide evidence, your application processing may be delayed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
18 minutes ago, ability said:

I didn’t. Since I moved here, I haven’t traveled outside the United States, same for him

On the form, what date did you enter for when you became an LPR?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

On the form, what date did you enter for when you became an LPR?

01/29/2020. I’m thinking maybe I have this problem because I listed my work experience in my county before I moved here because I don’t know what else it could be 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ability said:

01/29/2020. I’m thinking maybe I have this problem because I listed my work experience in my county before I moved here because I don’t know what else it could be 

Did you work outside the U.S. on or after 01/29/2020?

50 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Did you work outside the U.S. on or after 01/29/2020?

I didn't. Since I moved here in 2018, I haven’t traveled anywhere outside of the US and have never worked outside of the US too. I'm curious if I can just skip it and if this menu show up for everyone whether you need to upload this document or not.

44 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@ability what's the Resident Since date on your Green Card? Are you sure you're eligible for N-400 as of today? Why are you trying to naturalize under 319(b)?

Seems like you made a mistake somewhere.

01/29/2020 Green card, married with American citizen 3,5 years. I am eligible to apply for citizenship and I didn’t try to naturalize under 319(b), so probably yes I did a mistake somewhere… thank you everyone , will check my form again 

48 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@ability what's the Resident Since date on your Green Card? Are you sure you're eligible for N-400 as of today? Why are you trying to naturalize under 319(b)?

Seems like you made a mistake somewhere.

Thanks, I just realized that I did a mistake at the beginning, there is two options.
1. I am at least 18 years of age and have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for at least 3 years. In addition, I have been married to and living with a U.S. citizen spouse for the last 3 years, and my spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last 3 years at the time I filed my Form N-400.

2. I am at least 18 years of age, I am a lawful permanent resident of the United States, and I am the spouse of a U.S. citizen and my U.S. citizen spouse is regularly engaged in specified employment abroad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.