Nihla Fathi

221g- IR1 visa class. Sri Lanka

11 posts in this topic

🌟 Interview update- 221g issued.

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well on their immigration journey. I wanted to share my recent experience with you all and seek some advice on a particular matter.

I had my visa interview 5 days back and during the interview, the CO Officer asked several questions about my relationship and showed particular interest in my husband's previous work and place of stay. They inquired about when my husband moved to the US, the year of his move, his age at the time of migration, and other related details. Following the interview, I was given a 221g form indicating that no additional information was required at that time, and they would contact me back and kept my passport!

Upon returning home, I discovered a discrepancy in our documents related to the address. In our tax transcripts, my husband's current address is filed correctly, but in the 1099 form, his previous address was used. This has left me concerned that the CO Officer's inquiries might be connected to this inconsistency.

During the visa application process, I uploaded all the necessary proof of our relationship in CEAC. However, from the petitioner's side, only my husband's US passport and naturalization documents were uploaded.

Now, I am seeking advice from this wonderful community. Should I send an email to the consulate for clarity regarding the address discrepancy? Is it possible to upload additional proof of domicile in CEAC after the interview? If anyone has faced a similar situation or knows about the best course of action, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Can I upload proof of domicile in CEAC now? 

Thank you all for your support and valuable insights. Let's continue to help and support each other on this immigration journey!

IMG_5498.jpeg

Edited by Nihla Fathi

If I were you, I’d wait until I hear back from them. Since they told you not to do anything but wait and also kept your passport, I would follow instruction and do just that. It sounds like they need to review/investigate something —and if they need anything further, they’ll contact you. I know it sucks waiting, but we have all been doing it forever now, so at least we are patient!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, BLC said:

If I were you, I’d wait until I hear back from them. Since they told you not to do anything but wait and also kept your passport, I would follow instruction and do just that. It sounds like they need to review/investigate something —and if they need anything further, they’ll contact you. I know it sucks waiting, but we have all been doing it forever now, so at least we are patient!

I agree.  Seems like they want to investigate something to do with your husband's immigration related past.  Maybe somebody with the same name had an issue.  Could be anything, but if there IS an issue, your husband knows what it is.

The address discrepancy is definitely a non-issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

I agree.  Seems like they want to investigate something to do with your husband's immigration related past.  Maybe somebody with the same name had an issue.  Could be anything, but if there IS an issue, your husband knows what it is.

The address discrepancy is definitely a non-issue.

I don’t know why there don’t approve my case! Everything is apparently clear on my case! My husband is a US Citizen! Got his citizenship through dv lottery program! And we have a daughter too, he too a USA citizen and got her CRBA in Sri Lanka! I don’t know what’s happening! The whole process is a lot to go through! Now 221g is definitely a headache! This is so depressing!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
23 hours ago, Nihla Fathi said:

I don’t know why there don’t approve my case! Everything is apparently clear on my case! My husband is a US Citizen! Got his citizenship through dv lottery program! And we have a daughter too, he too a USA citizen and got her CRBA in Sri Lanka! I don’t know what’s happening! The whole process is a lot to go through! Now 221g is definitely a headache! This is so depressing!

Time for a serious discussion with your husband.  The line of questioning about his past would seem to indicate they think something is amiss there.  Maybe it's just a similar name.  If there IS something wrong with his immigration history, HE knows, even if YOU don't.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...

US Embassy - Sri Lanka 
IR1 visa class

I had my interview on 20th July and I was given 221g yellow paper- no additional documents required. Administrative processing! 

The status remained “refused” for 3 weeks. 

5 days ago status changed to “Administrative processing“

Is it gonna take more time again in AP? 

I’m confused about what’s happening to my case! 
I have not heard back from the embassy! 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 7/31/2023 at 2:52 AM, Nihla Fathi said:

🌟 Interview update- 221g issued.

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well on their immigration journey. I wanted to share my recent experience with you all and seek some advice on a particular matter.

I had my visa interview 5 days back and during the interview, the CO Officer asked several questions about my relationship and showed particular interest in my husband's previous work and place of stay. They inquired about when my husband moved to the US, the year of his move, his age at the time of migration, and other related details. Following the interview, I was given a 221g form indicating that no additional information was required at that time, and they would contact me back and kept my passport!

Upon returning home, I discovered a discrepancy in our documents related to the address. In our tax transcripts, my husband's current address is filed correctly, but in the 1099 form, his previous address was used. This has left me concerned that the CO Officer's inquiries might be connected to this inconsistency.

During the visa application process, I uploaded all the necessary proof of our relationship in CEAC. However, from the petitioner's side, only my husband's US passport and naturalization documents were uploaded.

Now, I am seeking advice from this wonderful community. Should I send an email to the consulate for clarity regarding the address discrepancy? Is it possible to upload additional proof of domicile in CEAC after the interview? If anyone has faced a similar situation or knows about the best course of action, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Can I upload proof of domicile in CEAC now? 

Thank you all for your support and valuable insights. Let's continue to help and support each other on this immigration journey!

IMG_5498.jpeg

Hey did you get the visa?

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.