JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ap4295 said:

When do we fill out the I-134 and the DS-160? I have collected all my financial documents (W2s, Proof of Employment, signed bank statements, etc). I just don't know when we're supposed to actually send them in. 

Fill out the DS-160 when your case turns "Ready" on CEAC.  Send your I-134 and supporting documents to your beneficiary anytime before their interview.  For Manila, print-outs of scanned & emailed I-134 and financial documents are ok.  Your beneficiary is supposed to bring them to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Fill out the DS-160 when your case turns "Ready" on CEAC.  Send your I-134 and supporting documents to your beneficiary anytime before their interview.  For Manila, print-outs of scanned & emailed I-134 and financial documents are ok.  Your beneficiary is supposed to bring them to the interview.

Thanks! Now I kinda regret getting my financial documents so early. I mean, the W2s and such will be fine, but the bank documents and proof of employment will be months old by then. I guess I was a bit TOO on top of things lol. 

On 8/29/2023 at 11:10 AM, xxxxx77 said:

Our status changed to in Transit today after 67 days of NOA2. But it also says that NVC provided the interview date and it wasn't. What should I do? 

Case status changed to ready today (09/04) not sure what to do next. Hopefully, you all receive your case numbers soon and your status will change to ready soon. 

3 hours ago, poupsmith said:

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!! 

What a long journey it's been everyone here is so close!

2 min interview, lots of people in front of my fiancé were getting rejected and making her nervous but our case was pretty strait forward and the consular told her she was approved and to pick up her visa when notified!

GL EVERYONE!

Congrats!!! Really happy for you wishing you all the best

Waiting for USTravelDocs to approve us to access the calendar is excruciating!!!  Hopeful that it is today so we can schedule biometrics and visa appointment.

Timeline

Do embassies still automatically extend I-129f approvals? Ours expires on October 12th and with how booked they are on interviews I am not sure my fiancée can get one booked before then. 

17 minutes ago, ap4295 said:

Do embassies still automatically extend I-129f approvals? Ours expires on October 12th and with how booked they are on interviews I am not sure my fiancée can get one booked before then. 

Based on what I have seen they are, yes, extending them automatically.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For those who have case in Ready state, are you able to schedule appointment yet? We are getting the message "No slots available". But again, US mission in India have completely different appointment booking site (usvisascheduling.com) compared to everyone else which is ustraveldocs.

Just want to see what everyone's experience had been.

1 hour ago, fellaamazing said:

For those who have case in Ready state, are you able to schedule appointment yet? We are getting the message "No slots available". But again, US mission in India have completely different appointment booking site (usvisascheduling.com) compared to everyone else which is ustraveldocs.

Same here. I can't schedule an appointment even after paying the fees. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, fellaamazing said:

My fiancée can't even book hers. She had too many failed logins (she forgot she had to tried to get a tourist visa years ago and already had an account) and she's been banned from the website for an unspecified amount of time. This is so stupid. There is not a single step of this process that hasn't intentionally been made to be as frustrating as possible in order to discourage legal immigration. 

sgh.png

Timeline
4 hours ago, xxxxx77 said:

Same here. I can't schedule an appointment even after paying the fees. 

I guess you're not supposed to fill out the DS-160 before payment, even though their website says you should have one before paying it? This is completely moronic. It won't let my fiancée pay or schedule. 

Looking for any guidance on Mumbai embassy: 

. Our case has arrived at embassy. 

we need welcome letter (packet 4??) from embassy prior to scheduling/attending medical. 

Can’t get embassy via phone so far. 

we can’t log in to register an address in ceac till we do ds160. 

-is letter needed for medical exam coming to petitioner or beneficiary?  Do we need to do ds160 to get address for them to send the letter?

should we wait for letter to do ds160? 

I keep finding divergent suggestions for how to proceed. Some are on this site, 2 are from embassy prescribing different order of actions without any sort of clarification. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aesop23 said:

Looking for any guidance on Mumbai embassy: 

. Our case has arrived at embassy. 

we need welcome letter (packet 4??) from embassy prior to scheduling/attending medical. 

Can’t get embassy via phone so far. 

we can’t log in to register an address in ceac till we do ds160. 

-is letter needed for medical exam coming to petitioner or beneficiary?  Do we need to do ds160 to get address for them to send the letter?

should we wait for letter to do ds160? 

I keep finding divergent suggestions for how to proceed. Some are on this site, 2 are from embassy prescribing different order of actions without any sort of clarification. 

See this that I also intend to follow when my case is “ready”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

We were able to talk to some1 at embassy by dialing the contact number (not the consulate but normal number) then dialing 0 which normal takes you straight to operator. We asked if we should schedule interview. They said yes and we recieved our email (p3?) that day. Might help you guys, I think nepal just has a low number of k1 right now and we got lucky on interview dates.

Edited by poupsmith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.