JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2023 at 3:54 PM, Eddie101 said:

From what I learned here they don't send those letters for K1 applicants anymore.

Ok, that is interesting. My legal advisor sent me a sample of a different client, which was sent in June. It might be random. So according to your info, the only way to receive a CEAC number is to inquire about case creation?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

Ok, that is interesting. My legal advisor sent me a sample of a different client, which was sent in June. It might be random. So according to your info, the only way to receive a CEAC number is to inquire about case creation?

That's what I learned here from others in that situation. Eventually the petitioner should get mail, but it's probably not a bad idea to ping NVC to get a case number before that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

NVC reported our case arrived. Probably takes another 3 to 4 weeks for actual data entry into the system (case number).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

60 damn days for the NVC to send it out? And the approved I-129f is only good for 4 months? Guess I'm just never getting married. Rigged system. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, ap4295 said:

60 damn days for the NVC to send it out? And the approved I-129f is only good for 4 months? Guess I'm just never getting married. Rigged system. 

The I-129F is automatically extended by the consular officer.
It's taking around 35 days now for NVC to get it (June NOA2s), and 2-4 weeks for NVC to create the case and ship the case to the embassy (based on April and May NOA2s).

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, xxxxx77 said:

My Case was approved 36 days ago. I sent an inquiry precisely on the 30tiest day after not hearing anything from NVC. They replied 3 days after saying the case was not received. Is this bad?

No problem at all, just keep trying. To get the received, you can also email NVCResearch@state.gov. Attach your NOA2. WAC in the subject. Full names and DOBs in the email.

Edited by Bh_sarah

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Our case was finally approved on March 21 and we got the NOA2. As of today (August 4th) we haven't got our case number yet. It is 137 days!!!! Crazy. We emailed them 3 or 4 times and each time they said the same thing that they haven't received our case yet. Except for the last time on July 20, they said they received it but it’s not in their system yet, which is kinda hard to believe. We even called USCIS and it didn’t get us anywhere. 
We emailed the congress member in the House of Representatives, been 9 days, and no response from them either. 

I thought this step would go faster but it has taken over 4 months now.

Feeling helpless at this point since we tried everything. Any ideas or suggestions on what we should do to get the process going? 
Thanks in advance.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Samaneh said:

Our case was finally approved on March 21 and we got the NOA2. As of today (August 4th) we haven't got our case number yet. It is 137 days!!!! Crazy. We emailed them 3 or 4 times and each time they said the same thing that they haven't received our case yet. Except for the last time on July 20, they said they received it but it’s not in their system yet, which is kinda hard to believe. We even called USCIS and it didn’t get us anywhere. 
We emailed the congress member in the House of Representatives, been 9 days, and no response from them either. 

I thought this step would go faster but it has taken over 4 months now.

Feeling helpless at this point since we tried everything. Any ideas or suggestions on what we should do to get the process going? 
Thanks in advance.

I am so so sorry about your wait. From filing to embassy, this process is definitely unfair. Unfortunately, you will see here on this thread that March and April NOA2s took a longer time to get a case number, while May and June NOA2s are getting the received email that you got + case number faster. They aren't following a chronological order on those.

I think you did all you can – you kept inquiring and tried to involve a congress representative. Don't ignore the email you got on July 20th. That is your "NVC received" email. 

Right now, all you can do is keep pushing them for a case number. The case number is given by online public inquiry (you can't use the NVCResearch email if that was what you were doing). I would keep bothering them and always referencing that your petition was received on July 20th and that you have been waiting for 137 days. Something like the below should suffice. Attach your NOA2 and a screenshot of the July 20th email to the inquiry. Hope you get it soon and get shipped on the 15th with the next batch!

"Hello,
I have received information from NVC that my petition was received and was waiting for data entry on [insert your NVC received date here].
I am checking to see if a case was created for my petition and, if so, can you provide me my NVC case number?
Please see attached the reply from NVC confirming my petition has been received and a copy of my approved NOA2, which was approved [insert number of days post-NOA2 here]days ago.
Thank you."

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NOA2 - June 12

First NVC enquiry -July13. NVC replied indicating they have received my case but not into the system yet.

Second NVC Enquiry-Aug 1. NVC replied indicating they have NOT yet received my case.

Do we really need to trust any of these replies? if so, which one?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I am so so sorry about your wait. From filing to embassy, this process is definitely unfair. Unfortunately, you will see here on this thread that March and April NOA2s took a longer time to get a case number, while May and June NOA2s are getting the received email that you got + case number faster. They aren't following a chronological order on those.

I think you did all you can – you kept inquiring and tried to involve a congress representative. Don't ignore the email you got on July 20th. That is your "NVC received" email. 

Right now, all you can do is keep pushing them for a case number. The case number is given by online public inquiry (you can't use the NVCResearch email if that was what you were doing). I would keep bothering them and always referencing that your petition was received on July 20th and that you have been waiting for 137 days. Something like the below should suffice. Attach your NOA2 and a screenshot of the July 20th email to the inquiry. Hope you get it soon and get shipped on the 15th with the next batch!

"Hello,
I have received information from NVC that my petition was received and was waiting for data entry on [insert your NVC received date here].
I am checking to see if a case was created for my petition and, if so, can you provide me my NVC case number?
Please see attached the reply from NVC confirming my petition has been received and a copy of my approved NOA2, which was approved [insert number of days post-NOA2 here]days ago.
Thank you."

Thank you for your fast response. We will do so. I hope it helps.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Deekol said:

NOA2 - June 12

First NVC enquiry -July13. NVC replied indicating they have received my case but not into the system yet.

Second NVC Enquiry-Aug 1. NVC replied indicating they have NOT yet received my case.

Do we really need to trust any of these replies? if so, which one?

Trust the received one and, on your next inquires, be specific about it being received on July 13 and attach also a screenshot of that email saying it was received.

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.