navaman

I-130 Guidance on Next Steps (Merged threads)

34 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, navaman said:

The AOS and Application information were accepted on 19th Sept, I do not not see any updates since, I wanted an update on when the  interview will be (London), what are the current wait times?

It's about 2-3 months for an interview at London at the moment, it's one of the quickest consulates. I'm surprised you haven't had an interview letter yet though, are you sure you've been DQ'ed? If you were DQ'ed on 19th Sept I'd have expected you to get an IL in October for an interview in November. What does your status say on CEAC?

Edited by appleblossom

40 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It's about 2-3 months for an interview at London at the moment, it's one of the quickest consulates. I'm surprised you haven't had an interview letter yet though, are you sure you've been DQ'ed? If you were DQ'ed on 19th Sept I'd have expected you to get an IL in October for an interview in November. What does your status say on CEAC?

When I check both AOS and Applicant Information both show as accepted, this was updated on Sept 19th. My Priority date is June 2022 and case is currently at NVC.  What else should I be checking for?

When's the docs were accepted on Sept 19th there is a note from reviewing agent to please submit every 2022 W-2, 1099, and Schedule form for me.  

32 minutes ago, navaman said:

When I check both AOS and Applicant Information both show as accepted, this was updated on Sept 19th. My Priority date is June 2022 and case is currently at NVC.  What else should I be checking for?

When's the docs were accepted on Sept 19th there is a note from reviewing agent to please submit every 2022 W-2, 1099, and Schedule form for me.  

So you haven’t actually been DQ’ed then, you need to submit what they’re asking for and then hopefully you’ll get DQ’ed (you’ll get an email when you are). Then it’ll be 2-3 months from that point to interview. 

25 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

So you haven’t actually been DQ’ed then, you need to submit what they’re asking for and then hopefully you’ll get DQ’ed (you’ll get an email when you are). Then it’ll be 2-3 months from that point to interview. 

All documents were approved, even all the messages that were sent they were after all documents had been approved. There is no option to upload these documents either therefore i am guessing these may be required for interview.

10 minutes ago, navaman said:

All documents were approved, even all the messages that were sent they were after all documents had been approved. There is no option to upload these documents either therefore i am guessing these may be required for interview.

Afraid I’ve no idea on the requirements for tax returns etc as mine was an employment based app so I didn’t need any of that. But have you had an email telling you you’re documentarily complete, that your file is being transferred to London and that you’ll be scheduled for an interview? That’s the DQ email. Just checking, but you’ve paid the fees and completed the DS-260?

What does your actual CEAC status say? 

Edited by appleblossom

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Afraid I’ve no idea on the requirements for tax returns etc as mine was an employment based app so I didn’t need any of that. But have you had an email telling you you’re documentarily complete, that your file is being transferred to London and that you’ll be scheduled for an interview? That’s the DQ email. Just checking, but you’ve paid the fees and completed the DS-260?

What does your actual CEAC status say? 

I did not receive an email, I received an email to advise that there has been an update and everything shows as approved with those messages.  Will online portal show documentary qualified?

Is it normal to approve docs and then request this "Please submit every 2022 W-2, 1099, and Schedule form"

3 minutes ago, navaman said:

Looks like they needed more info, uploaded now.

Fab. So hopefully now that’s all they need and you’ll be DQ’ed in a couple of weeks. Have you paid the fees and completed the DS-260? 

• 1 month later...

Finally got interview appointment for my mother at UK London Embassy in Jan, I have a couple of questions:

- Do they keep / require UK passport at Interview?  The reason why I am asking is as she has travel overseas following month and is planning a US trip in March.

- There is an option to reschedule appointment, upto how far out can this be pushed back. e.g, 3-6 months.

I Finally got interview appointment for my mother at UK London Embassy in late Jan for her GC, I have a couple of questions:

- Do they keep / require UK passport at Interview?  The reason why I am asking is as she has travel overseas following month and is planning a US trip in March.

- There is an option to reschedule appointment, up to how far out can this be pushed back. e.g, 3-6 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, navaman said:

Finally got interview appointment for my mother at UK London Embassy in Jan, I have a couple of questions:

- There is an option to reschedule appointment, upto how far out can this be pushed back. e.g, 3-6 months.

If they are approving the application then yes, they keep the v passport and return it 1-2 weeks later with the visa foil in it   

She should be ok for the overseas trip in Feb. Her next entry into the US will trigger the use of her IR 5 visa and her LPR status.  Not possible to enter as a tourist if the immigration visa is already been approved. 

I would be very reluctant to reschedule the interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Keep in mind that medical exams are valid for no more than 6 months. She must travel to the US before the medical exam and visa expire.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

A continuation thread merged with the existing once since the same question was asked in the original thread. Please refrain from posting a question multiple times in different threads as they will be merged.

VJ Moderation 

• powerpuff changed the title to I-130 Guidance on Next Steps (Merged threads)
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, navaman said:

Mother had interview and has received passport back with Visa, she is due to travel to US in March.

When she enters the US is she ok to use the LPR Line?  Also when can she expect to receive the actual LPR / Green Card?

We weren't allowed to at Boston, had to go in the visa line. Fair enough as we weren't actually LPR's at that point. 

And within 90 days, ours took about 6 weeks. You can track it using the receipt number from when you paid the fee. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.