Adventine

I-751 June 2023 Filers

147 posts in this topic

Simply creating an online account at myUSCIS does not create an online account number. USCIS issues the online access codes and the online account number for those who did not have one previously because their previous applications were not eligible to be filed online (i.e. I-129F, I-485).

Conversely, someone who has filed for a spousal visa online would already have an online account number and would not need an access code.

If anyone loses the online access code (or didn't successfully receive it, or the code expired) you can check page 1, Question 2 from this Question & Answer PDF published by DHS. https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/2022-09/Question%20and%20Answers%20for%20USCIS%20Online%20Account%20for%20Attorneys%20Webinar.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just received the text from USCIS today on June 30th, we sent the package on June 24th with USPS with priority mail 🎉. We're hoping they will re-use my biometrics and send us the extension letter soon.

After that, what would be the next step? I understand it's a lengthy process and I will be able to apply for the citizenship even though the I-751 application might not be processed yet.

Edited by T&S_MTL

@T&S_MTL calendar the date when your naturalization window opens (exact date calculator available on the USCIS website) and continue gathering evidence for a possible combo interview. A lot of the I-751 and N-400 evidence overlap. 

My Timeline for I-751 so far
Package sent : Jun 24th 2023

Packet reached : Jun 27th 2023

USCIS update 1 : Jun 30th 2023. Case received and receipt notice sent

USCIS update 2 : July 4th 2023. Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. 
———-

Question: 

1. I haven’t received any letters from USCIS yet. How long does it take to receive the receipt notice ? 
2. Also, Has anyone’s case updated to “case is being actively reviewed”. Any idea what it means ? 

thanks for your time and support in this group

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Adam_Sep2020 said:

My Timeline for I-751 so far
Package sent : Jun 24th 2023

Packet reached : Jun 27th 2023

USCIS update 1 : Jun 30th 2023. Case received and receipt notice sent

USCIS update 2 : July 4th 2023. Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. 
———-

Question: 

1. I haven’t received any letters from USCIS yet. How long does it take to receive the receipt notice ? 
2. Also, Has anyone’s case updated to “case is being actively reviewed”. Any idea what it means ? 

thanks for your time and support in this group

Im sure a lot depends on where you are located but to give you an idea of when you might get a receipt notice we sent the I-751 petition on 5/25/23 to the Phoenix lockbox. We received an I-797 notice of action from the Nebraska Service Center that the validity of the permanent resident card was extended for 48 months on 6/8/23. Our case status has also changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" after sending the receipt notice. This just means the application is being processed. 

Timeline

We sent our package on June 24th and just received the extension letter I-797 today (Phoenix center).

Is there other letters we can expect from USCIS as well? I thought there were 3 notices for some reason, including one that says if the biometrics are being reused or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, T&S_MTL said:

We sent our package on June 24th and just received the extension letter I-797 today (Phoenix center).

Is there other letters we can expect from USCIS as well? I thought there were 3 notices for some reason, including one that says if the biometrics are being reused or not.

We did receive a separate letter that arrived the same day stating that biometrics could be re-used along with another notice for our daughter (k2 visa) with her online access code. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, apd said:

My timeline so far:

Date Filed : 2023-06-14
NOA Date : 2023-06-22
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2023-07-10

As of 7/10, USCIS says my case is being actively reviewed.

When did you receive your biometrics appointment letter?

Our application was received on the 27th of June, and notice date is 4th of July but we did not receive anything for biometrics yet (we received NOA and access code though)

On 7/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, T&S_MTL said:

When did you receive your biometrics appointment letter?

Our application was received on the 27th of June, and notice date is 4th of July but we did not receive anything for biometrics yet (we received NOA and access code though)

I got my appointment letter sometime last week of June. I forget the exact date

Hello all,  I am a week away to send my form. 

I have three questions 

1) I’m the green card holder so I am the petitioner?

2) Do I have to send FD-258 fingerprint cards? As nobody in this has mentioned about it.. 

3) Do I have to send passport size photos of my spouse too who is a citizen?

Thank You all..

1 hour ago, Aeroplane said:

Hello all,  I am a week away to send my form. 

I have three questions 

1) I’m the green card holder so I am the petitioner?

2) Do I have to send FD-258 fingerprint cards? As nobody in this has mentioned about it.. 

3) Do I have to send passport size photos of my spouse too who is a citizen?

Thank You all..

1 - Yes, you're removing conditions, so you're the petitioner

2 - No

3 - No

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.