eliza627

Casablanca Consulate Not Receiving Visas?

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

After a year long wait we had our I129f visa approved in March 2023, but after inquiring with the NVC about a case update, I received the following email yesterday: 

Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in [CASABLANCA, MOROCCO] suspended routine visa services. The National Visa Center will not forward K1/I-730 visa petitions to [CASABLANCA, MOROCCO] until they resume routine visa services. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General will resume visa services as soon as possible, but they cannot provide a specific date. For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov

Is the embassy not receiving visas? Is there absolutely nothing we can do at this point? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On our Morocco/US visa group - K1 interviews are taking about 6-8 months. People who received their NOA2 for K1 interviews last November have interviews scheduled for late July. Medicals are often after that. Maybe this was an auto generated email response not updated for awhile. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, eliza627 said:

Hi everyone, 

After a year long wait we had our I129f visa approved in March 2023, but after inquiring with the NVC about a case update, I received the following email yesterday: 

Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in [CASABLANCA, MOROCCO] suspended routine visa services. The National Visa Center will not forward K1/I-730 visa petitions to [CASABLANCA, MOROCCO] until they resume routine visa services. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General will resume visa services as soon as possible, but they cannot provide a specific date. For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov

Is the embassy not receiving visas? Is there absolutely nothing we can do at this point? 

You said Visa approved. You mean your I-129F petition is approved. Now you are at NVC waiting to get your case# and start processing?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

3 hours ago, h02ejmajja said:

On our Morocco/US visa group - K1 interviews are taking about 6-8 months. People who received their NOA2 for K1 interviews last November have interviews scheduled for late July. Medicals are often after that. Maybe this was an auto generated email response not updated for awhile. 

Thank you, that's really helpful!

2 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

You said Visa approved. You mean your I-129F petition is approved. Now you are at NVC waiting to get your case# and start processing?

Yes, our NOA2 was approved on March 2, 2023. I was just able to get a case number yesterday from NVC but was also told they were not forwarding visas, from other replies, it seems it may just be an outdated automated reply and we have a few more months to wait before it gets shipped to the consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

please complete a timeline 

its hard to know stats for the timelines when the info is not imputed by members

the 1 K1 interviewed as shown by their timeline

recd 11/4/22 by NVC

sent to Casa 1/17/23

casa recd  1/19/23

interview 4/10/23

visa issued 5/16/23

At present time Casa is dealing with many past interviews that are in AP for the extra security checks

the memo u recd was from 2020

they are receiving petitons but slowly

allah yekbel

I don't know anything about Casablanca but US Embassy Manila has a similar message in an autoresponder somewhere in their system that hasn't been updated since 2020 and has been sending out incorrect auto-responses ever since.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

22 hours ago, eliza627 said:

Hi everyone, 

Casablanca is up and running, that’s a super outdated auto reply. They’ve issued almost 3000 DV visas this year so far, outperforming every African embassy apart from Algiers. There’s definitely no issue with routine visa services. 

Edited by throwitaway

8 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

please complete a timeline 

its hard to know stats for the timelines when the info is not imputed by members

the 1 K1 interviewed as shown by their timeline

recd 11/4/22 by NVC

sent to Casa 1/17/23

casa recd  1/19/23

interview 4/10/23

visa issued 5/16/23

At present time Casa is dealing with many past interviews that are in AP for the extra security checks

the memo u recd was from 2020

they are receiving petitons but slowly

allah yekbel

Thank you for the information. I just created a timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We can see stats from immigration visas issued on following site which appears to show Casa is working hard on tourist visas 

NIV in the header includes K1

February and March are the latest shown

nothing yet for April

From the issued visa stats it appears 1 of 4 things for K1

interviews put in AP 

OR

very few interviews as they concentrate on other types of visa interviews

OR

people do not know how to schedule K1 interviews

OR

slots are blacked out

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Febrauary                              March   

dv           327                        258        

CR1         48                            51       

IR1-         49                             81                  

K1              3                             0 

B1/B2    1559                   1933

u will note no K1's issued in March

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.