24 posts in this topic

Do you have family and friends there?  If so, following Mike E's advice, they could drive and pick you up in Toronto, or Montreal.  Then you drive down to NYC together.  Bus is another option. 

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, Uzair Aziz said:

My question is will i be allowed entry to canada considering the fact that i am overstayed or they will not check this information

You should be ok with your permanent resident card being unexpired.  No one can guarantee that to you.

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Uzair Aziz said:

When entering canada will the immigration check my overstay outside america and stop me? Or they will let me go?

No guarantees. I have never heard of CBSA denying entry for that reason. Besides which you will have a round trip ticket. Focus trying to fly Emirates to the U.S.  first.

46 minutes ago, Uzair Aziz said:

Yes its new york

40 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Do you have family and friends there?  If so, following Mike E's advice, they could drive and pick you up in Toronto, or Montreal.  Then you drive down to NYC together.  Bus is another option. 

Good luck.

Porter Airlines out of Toronto Island airpot aka Billy Bishop flies to EWR. 

But again, try Emirates.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

No guarantees. I have never heard of CBSA denying entry for that reason. Besides which you will have a round trip ticket. Focus trying to fly Emirates to the U.S.  first.

Porter Airlines out of Toronto Island airpot aka Billy Bishop flies to EWR. 

But again, try Emirates.

Last time I flew there, the free snacks were great.  Haven't been since the pandemic though. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Do you have family and friends there?  If so, following Mike E's advice, they could drive and pick you up in Toronto, or Montreal.  Then you drive down to NYC together

Assuming Emirates and Etihad do not board OP,  I am liking this idea more and more:

* There will be a car load of LPRs and OP’s long absence might get lost in the shuffle

* Even if the long absence is noted, the fact a car load of family came to retrieve OP strengthens OP’s narrative of strong ties to the U.S.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.