JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Saeid said:

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. We had the interview today morning. Everything went well but, they asked for (3) more documents that we didn't have : form DS-5535, my fiance Resume and her flight ticket to US. They took her passport and asked us to email those documents. They stated as soon as they received those they will double check and issue her visa. 

Hope they review it soon ... 

Im sorry, I'm going to paris embassy as well. Im confused though why they ask for her resume and ticket to the US. Aren't you supposed to wait to get your ticket until after the visa is issued?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, James121998 said:

Im sorry, I'm going to paris embassy as well. Im confused though why they ask for her resume and ticket to the US. Aren't you supposed to wait to get your ticket until after the visa is issued?

That's exactly our question too...but they asked for it!

She booked a flight and sent them a copy.

They never asked for these in instructions email/letter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Saeid said:

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. We had the interview today morning. Everything went well but, they asked for (3) more documents that we didn't have : form DS-5535, my fiance Resume and her flight ticket to US. They took her passport and asked us to email those documents. They stated as soon as they received those they will double check and issue her visa. 

Hope they review it soon ... 

Ugghh…that is so not cool to give you the 221(g). 

DS 5535 seems about very general but detailed info (address history, travel history, family info, etc.). Except for family info, everything else is already asked in I-129F and DS-160. 🤷

Hope you get the approval soon. 

16 hours ago, Saeid said:

That's exactly our question too...but they asked for it!

She booked a flight and sent them a copy.

They never asked for these in instructions email/letter. 

Oh that is so strange. Hope it goes well

DS-5535 form also seems strange. Wouldn’t all the info needed already be submitted in DS-160?

Hi everyone, 

we finally scheduled our interview at the Dutch embassy! 

could someone please help me bc we have our interview on the 24th of October (only other available date was 10 October) but our NOA2 expires 4 October, does anyone know if I need to do anything to renew it or if they won’t renew it bc we chose 24-10 instead of 10-10?

I am going to bring a new updated letter of intent to marry either way. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tere2022 said:

Oh that is so strange. Hope it goes well

DS-5535 form also seems strange. Wouldn’t all the info needed already be submitted in DS-160?

In DS-160 usually asking for last 5 years travel / residence history but in DS-5535 asking for last 15 years. Looks like it is typical for someone with our nationality which is unfortunate. Also in DS-5535 we should submit her siblings information as well. Just hope this process go faster than USCIS/NVC process...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
35 minutes ago, ellentee415 said:

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the I-134 form when filling it out digitally? Sometimes the boxes aren't fillable or I'll get an error code when trying to save. Should I just dust off my ink and quill? 🥲

something about old ink pin that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.. im planning on doing it that way.. gonna use the uscis site as little as possable or only if i have to for submitting forms.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, ellentee415 said:

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the I-134 form when filling it out digitally? Sometimes the boxes aren't fillable or I'll get an error code when trying to save. Should I just dust off my ink and quill? 🥲

I-134 form is the worst. I printed it as PDF using Google Chrome so and then used Acrobat to write on the fields myself. Adobe Reader works too to fill it out like that. Or else, yes, do it by hand.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Saeid said:

In DS-160 usually asking for last 5 years travel / residence history but in DS-5535 asking for last 15 years. Looks like it is typical for someone with our nationality which is unfortunate. Also in DS-5535 we should submit her siblings information as well. Just hope this process go faster than USCIS/NVC process...

I'm sorry, Saeid! There are a few threads here on VJ about it and some theories about it. Some relate to beneficiaries of MENA countries (which I think it's your case?), some related to STEM jobs. The problem is that they never give a reason why you were given the DS-5535. I hope it's fast for you. I think *maybe* the fact they wanted to see a ticket to US may be them wanting to make sure they might give her passport back in time? I have no idea. I think for long DS-5535, they usually give the passport back to the beneficiary. They kept hers right?

Hoping it's quick for you and this is just another inconvenience.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Does anyone with NOA2 in May still not have case numbers yet from the NVC?  I am currently with my fiancee and newborn son in the Philippines.  We were hoping to be in the US by November at the latest.  But I just found out today that interviews for November are almost gone for the Philippines.  It is depressing, not sure if we will be even home this year at this rate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.