JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Congratulations, same here!! Just scheduled my interview and biometrics. One step closer!

Congratulations🤞 I also scheduled my interview and medical today, we are very close now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Good luck everybody and thankfully many of you have received an interview appointment and medical. I am still waiting on the embassy. Even though the status is Ready they said the case is not there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
24 minutes ago, 1983Electric said:

Naples and Rio de Janeiro you all are lucky to have a lot shorter interview wait times than Paris 

I am incredibly grateful! 

I really hope it speeds up for you guys, it's been a long time coming and it shouldn't take this long to book an interview! Let us know when you get an update🤞

Timeline
22 hours ago, 1983Electric said:

Visa Status Check changed to Ready for Paris - "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section."  Even though the beneficiary hasn't received anything yet from the consular (packet 3, etc.), we went ahead and scheduled the first interview available which is the end of October.  The scheduling site then let us pay the MRV fee.  Beneficiary should receive her letters by then.. we are scheduling the medical appointment now and have all the paperwork we need ready to go.

I just received the instruction letter from Paris, they responded to my email after 17 days. I did the same you did, appointment scheduled for 27 September and medical on 11 September !

On 8/10/2023 at 1:38 PM, Darko-Emily said:

I agree. The embassy should get our emails from NVC and then contact us BUT here at least, they require us to fill in DS-160 so they can send us a PACKET 3. It's literally on the embassy's website but it is very hard to find. It took me some time until I could find a lot of information about our embassy. 

Lets face it Sarah, this was never going to be easy, we all knew it from the start. There are no clear instructions anywhere and if not for the experiences of other people we wouldn't be able to finish everything properly. It was this forum, YouTube and a couple of other websites that helped us prepare initial I-129 packet and then everything else. 

Right know I am waiting on the embassy to process DS-160 and contact me. They should reach out in a couple of days, hopefully. I am almost done with our documents. If anybody has a question, feel free to post them here so everybody can see. 

I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseam but if I am going to fly to the DR to come back to the US with my fiance; when filling out the DS-160 do we need to select "yes" for Travel Companions and then enter my information? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

You can, but I think that is mostly when people travel with a non-us person. I would say put your fiance name that way you will tell the embassy that you and yours are going together to the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, jgray808 said:

I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseam but if I am going to fly to the DR to come back to the US with my fiance; when filling out the DS-160 do we need to select "yes" for Travel Companions and then enter my information? 

this is our plan also, our lawyers adviced to not put anything as it isnt relevant for that field

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

So it takes forever to get from NVC case number. From what I read NVC has lazy and slow employees!!! 55 Days After NOA2 letter still nothing. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ What about after when you get the case number. How long it takes them to review uploaded documents before they send it to the embassy? 
Just got response Friday Aug. 8 still not entered in to the system. Send them new inquiry. 
Question ? Maybe I have to ask from them something specific to get the case number. 
I see some people getting case number within 45-60 days. ???????   And I’m very happy for you.🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 But on NVC IM VERY ANGRY 
🤕😵‍💫🤔🫣☹️😣😖😟😔😞😒😫😩😤😡

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Kaan said:

So it takes forever to get from NVC case number. From what I read NVC has lazy and slow employees!!! 55 Days After NOA2 letter still nothing. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ What about after when you get the case number. How long it takes them to review uploaded documents before they send it to the embassy? 
Just got response Friday Aug. 8 still not entered in to the system. Send them new inquiry. 
Question ? Maybe I have to ask from them something specific to get the case number. 
I see some people getting case number within 45-60 days. ???????   And I’m very happy for you.🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 But on NVC IM VERY ANGRY 
🤕😵‍💫🤔🫣☹️😣😖😟😔😞😒😫😩😤😡

It took us exactly 91 days from NOA2 to receive a case ID through inquiry.  I think that it's taking USCIS about 2 months to get the packet mailed to NVC and about a month for the cases to be created.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
6 hours ago, 1983Electric said:

It took us exactly 91 days from NOA2 to receive a case ID through inquiry.  I think that it's taking USCIS about 2 months to get the packet mailed to NVC and about a month for the cases to be created.

So NVC answered me 3 times already that they have my case, but they didn’t entered it in to their system yet. Are the lying to me ???

By NVC response my case at NVC already 18 days. I’m so confused 🫤 Thank you for the answer anyways. 🙏🙏🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.