JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

So I paid my fees in cash at bank ... and next day I logged in again and i found it didn't ask me for receipt number, it automatically showed my ID number as receipt number, and it allowed me to move to next page to schedule the interview (however every time it shows no dates available. 

How do I confirm if they have received my payment or not ? I feel I might have done something wrong and that's why its not showing me any dates available . As far as I know we have to enter the receipt number ourself. 

Can anyone confirm if they also have their ID showing up as receipt number ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Our case is also ready but I have a problem. While filling in DS-160, I do not have a phone number from my employer nor is it possible to get one. I cannot put Unknown or Does Not Apply, only numbers. 
Any recommendations?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ennis_b said:

Hey everyone , after three time inquiry , they sent me this email on 1st Aug , 

Should i do forth time inquiry this Saturday or next Monday ?

I got my NOA2 form on 19 May , it has been around 74 days and no number !

It's been received by NVC. Keep trying now for a case number through public inquiry.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, AshiC said:

Hi all,

Got my case number today. NOA2 was May 24th. Got it through the inquiry form. The case is still at NVC. Hopefully it will get shipped soon. Good luck everyone !! 

Congrats!

Hey, all! Very sorry if this is a repeat question (I swear I tried scouring all 50 pages for the answer)... we received our case number via inquiry, not a welcome email directly from NVC (honestly not even sure if this is a thing...). Wondering if this email means anything or if now we just have to wait until "Case Ready" status to move forward with booking medicals, interviews and whatnot? If there is an email with additional instructions, about how soon after should I expect to receive it? 

Also, I don't want to derail this thread too much with questions if it's not relevant to this group any more. Is there another group we "should" move to on this next step like how we moved from our respective filers group to this May 2023 NO2 group? (Not that I want to leave you guys 😉)

PS: Congratulations to everyone who received their case numbers recently. I'm not on here daily, but I see a lot of familiar names and I've been quietly creeping on your progress over the last few months. Makes me happy to see all of our journeys moving forward 🙂 Also, extending my sympathies to everyone still waiting... I know this process is so exhausting, but hang in there! It'll all be worth it in the end when you're finally together with your partner (this is what keeps me going). 

On 8/3/2023 at 2:08 PM, Bh_sarah said:

Congratulations you two! Hopefully we will all make the shipment the week after the next! 🥳

Thank you! I hope so too. I was so happy to log on and see you received your case as well. And also thank you for always providing such thorough information! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I see lots of people saying that K1 visa applicants are not receiving welcome letter from NVC! In that case from where we are getting welcome letter?
Also for CEAC signup having case and receipt number is mast or there is other ways to open account? 

thank you 🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶✈️✈️✈️✈️

Timeline
On 8/6/2023 at 6:55 AM, Tere2022 said:

Is the P3 easy to do? It seems like many people are sending back really quickly. 😆

What's your embassy again? P3 is just the list of instructions the embassy sends out/first contact from the embassy for most embassies. The only one I know that require you to send something for it is Montreal.

12 hours ago, Kaan said:

Hi everyone,

I see lots of people saying that K1 visa applicants are not receiving welcome letter from NVC! In that case from where we are getting welcome letter?
Also for CEAC signup having case and receipt number is mast or there is other ways to open account? 

thank you 🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶✈️✈️✈️✈️

There's no welcome letter from NVC, what we get is an email called K1-FTP with information about our case being shipped to the embassy (they only send it to the petitioner when they do ship it). That's usually incorrectly called the NVC welcome letter for K1.
If you have your case number from NVC, you can check the status on CEAC. No account needed. No Invoice ID needed. Just go to the tracker and select "immigrant" and add your case number (not the receipt number, the actual NVC case number).

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
On 8/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, ellentee415 said:

Thank you! I hope so too. I was so happy to log on and see you received your case as well. And also thank you for always providing such thorough information! 

Oh thank you! Hoping we all get good news next week so we can move forward! It's been a hell of a ride! haha ❤️ 

NOA1:

On 8/4/2023 at 6:45 AM, Darko-Emily said:

Our case is also ready but I have a problem. While filling in DS-160, I do not have a phone number from my employer nor is it possible to get one. I cannot put Unknown or Does Not Apply, only numbers. 
Any recommendations?

Give them number of the headquarters or customer support number (if its a company). Give them supervisor's number if you have it. Get the number from old emails. Just some ideas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Got response from NVC today. USCIS shipped the package to NVC
NOA2 received on 06/26/23 now waiting for case number fri

NVC.
Do you know anyone how long it will take??? One more step closer im happy 🤩🤩🤩🤩

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.