JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

hi! can you tell us how did you contact an agent at the USCIS. Did you talk to the agent by phone? If so what is the phone number you used?

Thanks...

you can chat at uscis emma, search for it and you can find it, choose others and then keep writing live agent, and eventually you will get there 

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant

So I chatted with an agent via Emma and they said there is no indication that my case has been sent to the VNC yet. Later I spoke with another agent on the phone, they said they don't have my case it already sent to the NVC. However, when I asked when was it sent, they didn't give me a date. Not sure what to think 😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

So I chatted with an agent via Emma and they said there is no indication that my case has been sent to the VNC yet. Later I spoke with another agent on the phone, they said they don't have my case it already sent to the NVC. However, when I asked when was it sent, they didn't give me a date. Not sure what to think 😞

Good one. Next time ask the agents credential, like employee number. That way he/she cannot give you false hope. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr.So said:

You got a better answer than me haha I tried the Emma chat yesterday and the agent said "please allow 90 days after your approval" and instantly disconnected! Keep trying, you may get an agent that is willing to give you more information.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

The chat is useless, every time you will get the same information and tell you to wait 90 days. 

Also, they keep track at how many times you contact them and they will tell you. 

Edited by Darko-Emily

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Darko-Emily said:

The chat is useless, every time you will get the same information and tell you to wait 90 days. 

Also, they keep truck at how many times you contact them and they will tell you. 

i agree. i've only tried it once and hated it😄 but idk maybe if someone has good luck with it, let us know!

aahh i did not know about that

35 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

You got a better answer than me haha I tried the Emma chat yesterday and the agent said "please allow 90 days after your approval" and instantly disconnected! Keep trying, you may get an agent that is willing to give you more information.

NVCResearch <nvcresearch@state.gov>

4 minutes ago, 0508 said:

i agree. i've only tried it once and hated it😄 but idk maybe if someone has good luck with it, let us know!

aahh i did not know about that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

Yep, emailed this one too and filled out the public inquiry yesterday. Still waiting for a reply. But contacted USCIS to see if they tell me if it was already sent, no luck so far in getting an agent that helps.

31 minutes ago, 0508 said:

also just make sure you're chatting as the petitioner on the chat bc they won't talk to the beneficier🙄

Haha I knew about that. To our luck, guess they aren't able yet to see IP locations 👀

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

6 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yep, emailed this one too and filled out the public inquiry yesterday. Still waiting for a reply. But contacted USCIS to see if they tell me if it was already sent, no luck so far in getting an agent that helps.

Haha I knew about that. To our luck, guess they aren't able yet to see IP locations 👀

This is what i say, and i get an agent ( Infopost ) they say, what is it for.. I say ( family problems ) 2 mins later.. agent is on the phone... bingo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

When you guys emailed NVCResearch <nvcresearch@state.gov> , did you just put receipt number in the subject and only attached a scan copy of I-797 or did you say something in the email?

2 minutes ago, Darko-Emily said:

When you guys emailed NVCResearch <nvcresearch@state.gov> , did you just put receipt number in the subject and only attached a scan copy of I-797 or did you say something in the email?

yes to both ( I-797 )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/1/2023 at 8:24 PM, Bh_sarah said:

The NVC timeframes page takes in consideration the cases that already arrived to them, not the approval day of the cases that USCIS is sending to NVC. Example: they say they are working on cases received on May 4th. But from what I’m seeing, these are cases that were approved in March, which would mean USCIS took 2 months to send the case to NVC. I’m saying that because I haven’t seen any April case yet get a positive answer from the NVC inquiry, all they are getting is that they have not received the case yet.

I think this is true for the cases approved in the first wave and cases from April 22 and forward. I was expecting to be approved in 440 days, then they started speeding up and I thought I’d be approved in 400 days like the filers in my month… but nope. So I’m getting the NVC wait without having traded anything on the I-129f phase :(

I-134? I won’t do it now because the form expires on July 31st. I’ll wait for the new version as I’m not expecting an interview until September.

Im curious where you saw that the current I-134 form expires July 31st. If that the case then i may need to redo mine.....Oh wait i see the expiration date is on the upper right corner of the form. Im glad you noticed that. Id hate to be delayed because of an expired form

Edited by Warp005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.