JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/9/2023 at 8:43 AM, GinoNiña said:

On separate issue, I made a copy of my i1-29 package before sending to Uscis. Am I supposed to send this copy to my fiancée?

The NVC will send the package to the embassy. So its not required to send to your fiancee but it definitely couldnt hurt as a precaution.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tere2022 said:

I understand the frustration, but asylum seekers do not get to vote. Not even permanent residents can.

Let’s not label a group of people as villains to make this them vs us situation. I am sure there are people that think K1 visa couples are trying to commit fraud and take job opportunities from “real Americans.” 

If we want to express our frustration, direct at the people actually involved in making the decisions.

I totally agree,  not knowing the real reasons behind things often creates mental shortcuts ... it's human nature

Though there are real reasons to be frustrated with the process at this point !!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tere2022 said:

I understand the frustration, but asylum seekers do not get to vote. Not even permanent residents can.

Let’s not label a group of people as villains to make this them vs us situation. I am sure there are people that think K1 visa couples are trying to commit fraud and take job opportunities from “real Americans.” 

If we want to express our frustration, direct at the people actually involved in making the decisions.

With respect, non citizens are allowed to vote in elections all over this country. Im not vilianizing anyone. Im glad that persecuted foerign nationals have a legal route for citizenship. However, Im simply stating facts, and pointing out that it is much harder to get into and live in this country legally than it is by simply enetering via the southern border. I do blame those who make the decisions for this disparity. 

Edited by Warp005

15 minutes ago, Warp005 said:

With respect, non citizens are allowed to vote in elections all over this country. Im not vilianizing anyone. Im glad that persecuted foerign nationals have a legal route for citizenship. However, Im simply stating facts, and pointing out that it is much harder to get into and live in this country legally than it is by simply enetering via the southern border. I do blame those who make the decisions for this disparity. 

I agree... https://nypost.com/2023/06/12/two-mega-shelters-opening-on-upper-west-side-as-nyc-migrant-tally-tops-74000-arrivals/    ( I don't want to switch topics.. but yes..i agree )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

I checked out the timeline for IR-1/CR-1 group, their noa2 to nvc received is within the same  month of noa2......

K1 must be in the bottom of the barrel.... 

K-1s are understandably deprioritized over true familial reunion visas.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

Is it bad to email NVCinquiry@state.gov before 30 days? 😒

They probably wouldnt appreciate it. Especially since the NOA2 says you need to wait at least 30 days. 

Edited by Warp005

Timeline
16 hours ago, yibkeith said:

NOA1: October 25th, 2021

NOA2: May 31st, 2023

Finally, geez 🤨

Congratulations!!! 

its only a minimum of 60days  wait on  this side. 

May I ask what were the rfe all about?

46 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Congratulations!!! 

its only a minimum of 60days  wait on  this side. 

May I ask what were the rfe all about?

That was a mess! It was about my criminal record. I Had a misdemeanor trespassing conviction back in college in 1992. The police department and the court don’t keep records of minor offenses that old, and I had the case expunged years ago. My expungement paperwork showing what it was and that it was cleared wasn’t enough. They wanted a notarized statement from me about the incident, and certified records from the police and court that no records exist. They RFE’d me twice. I ended up driving halfway across the country to go to the court in person to beg them to give me something to satisfy USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.