Everley

household size calculation for the Affidavit of financial support

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, can anyone say if my USC Fiancé (petitionioner) shared custody children who, as per the court's custodial arrangement, spends every other weekend with him (the children do not live with him, they spend every other weekend with him) and for whom he does alternate claim on annual tax returns are considered as part of his household size/ count in calculating the household size. He has 3 children with his ex-wife and they spend every other weekend with him and they are dependent on him. Their mom's home is their primary residence, so I need to know how to treat his situation for determining his current household size and the fact that, I, the alien fiance have 3 children, however, I plan to take 2 of my 3 children with me. Please note that our I-129f petition was approved on March 15, 2023, as such, we are awaiting our welcome letter from the NVC and I need some guide re Affidavit of finance support eligibility. I look forward to your response to my question, Kind Regards.

~~ Topic moved from Bringing Family Members of US citizens to America forum to K1 fiancé visa forum ~~

Looks like a household of 6 (his 3 children plus you and your two children). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

~~ Topic moved from Bringing Family Members of US citizens to America forum to K1 fiancé visa forum ~~

Looks like a household of 6 (his 3 children plus you and your two children). 

Agree....Plus the petitioner...

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 hours ago, Everley said:

Please note that our I-129f petition was approved on March 15, 2023, as such, we are awaiting our welcome letter from the NVC and I need some guide re Affidavit of finance support eligibility. I look forward to your response to my question, Kind Regards.

That is for the CR1 spouse visa process.

For K1, you will not get a welcome letter.   There are no interactive NVC steps.   NVC will notify you when they send the petition to the embassy/consulate.  

Be aware, for K1 the affidavit of support is the I-134, not the I-864.   The petitioner will fill it out (I-134) and mail/email it to you to bring to your interview.

Timeline

Greetings all, further to my question to 2 days ago re calculating the Affidavit of financial support for my K1 and K2 visa..base on his current dependent + me and 2 of my 3 children proposed to immigrate with me to be with him, his annual salary fall short for the household count for 7 people, can i show evidence of my bank account in my country that can make up the difference to be 100%?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Everley said:

Greetings all, further to my question to 2 days ago re calculating the Affidavit of financial support for my K1 and K2 visa..base on his current dependent + me and 2 of my 3 children proposed to immigrate with me to be with him, his annual salary fall short for the household count for 7 people, can i show evidence of my bank account in my country that can make up the difference to be 100%?

You can but I have seen many reports of the CO ignoring the bank account information and insisting on a co-sponsor.

Timeline

Hi guys, i have another question for my church mom, so here goes;

She migrated to the USA via her daughter filed for her, she is now a Permanent Resident (PR) for the past 4 years and we were having a conversation re how things are progressing for me and my fiance and a part of our conversation was how long she has to wait to apply her US Citizen, I told her that I am a member of the Visa Journey and I could query on her behalf. Can anyone advise how long she has to wait to apply for US citizen being that she has gone 4 years as a PR. Also,  forgot to mention that she is 78 years old.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Kind Regards

Everley

2 hours ago, Everley said:

Hi guys, i have another question for my church mom, so here goes;

She migrated to the USA via her daughter filed for her, she is now a Permanent Resident (PR) for the past 4 years and we were having a conversation re how things are progressing for me and my fiance and a part of our conversation was how long she has to wait to apply her US Citizen, I told her that I am a member of the Visa Journey and I could query on her behalf. Can anyone advise how long she has to wait to apply for US citizen being that she has gone 4 years as a PR. Also,  forgot to mention that she is 78 years old.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Kind Regards

Everley

After 5 years of being an LPR

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline

I thought it was 3 years or is the filling for parents and siblings different spousal and Fiance process?

I do appreciate your response and will pass on the info, however, please, if you know the clarification.

37 minutes ago, Everley said:

I thought it was 3 years or is the filling for parents and siblings different spousal and Fiance process?

I do appreciate your response and will pass on the info, however, please, if you know the clarification.

Only spouses of US citizens have the privilege to apply after 3 years based on the marriage 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.