ScubaDude

Received 10 year Green Card (Surprise!)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We have been waiting over a year for Nataly's 10 year green card.  It arrived in the mail today in a USPS priority mail envelope.  No interview, no notification from USCIS.  Is this normal?  It's great timing considering that we have filed the N-400 and we have our interview next Thursday, April 27.  I just thought we might get a NOA from USCIS for the approval. but we'll take it.  She's all ready for the citizenship test next week and hopefully she will be sworn in very soon!  Best of luck to all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Question for all on the board.  I am trying to identify how reliable the statuses are on our online accounts.

Here we have ScubaDude who was sitting there minding his own business and then... whammo! ... he and his wife receive her 10-year green card.

Is this uncommon?  Or have people noticed this is a frequent occurrence?  Meaning it is not out of the ordinary to be staring at the same status for months... no change... and out of the blue you get a green card in the mail even though the status still remains the same.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:45 PM, TastyCake said:

Question for all on the board.  I am trying to identify how reliable the statuses are on our online accounts.

Here we have ScubaDude who was sitting there minding his own business and then... whammo! ... he and his wife receive her 10-year green card.

Is this uncommon?  Or have people noticed this is a frequent occurrence?  Meaning it is not out of the ordinary to be staring at the same status for months... no change... and out of the blue you get a green card in the mail even though the status still remains the same.

it seems that filing the n 400 speeds it up in some cases. we havent filed for it yet as we are waiting for other things that are distractions to conclude.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

it seems that filing the n 400 speeds it up in some cases. we havent filed for it yet as we are waiting for other things that are distractions to conclude.

Thanks for the reply, Prizm.  Hope all is well with you these days.  🙂

We did my wife's N-400 online 6 months ago.  It seems (operative word) the I-751 (which we referenced in a 'cover letter' of sorts for our N-400) got subsequently yanked from the Petrified Forest... aka Vermont Service Center... and I believe (operative word) it is now paired with our N-400 and is currently collecting dust in Lee's Summit, MO.  Perhaps waiting for the local office in Boston to say they are ready for our cases??? (I ask rhetorically)

Our N-400 is 6 months old but our I-751 is technically 18 months old.

Probably the most distressing thing right now is when I run a VJ report of Bostonians in the same position as us I see people who filed an N-400 a few months BEFORE us ostensibly waiting for some movement.  So what does that tell us?

I have no idea why there is such a lack of progress in Boston.  Are the USCIS employees there too busy watching the Bruins on the big screen to adjudicate cases in a timely manner?

Last year we fell for the 'File your N-400 because it helps to speed things up' recommendation.  The truth of the matter is it hasn't done a thing.  We are now writing our Senators asking for help but I don't expect that to bring positive results.  We'll try anyway.

I personally feel they'll find Jimmy Hoffa before we ever see movement on our open cases from the USCIS.  It's so frustrating.  You do all you're asked to do in a timely manner, submit impeccable packages only to be held up by nonsense.

Best of luck to you and yours and all our hopes that your 'distractions' get reconciled soon.  🙂

I think your timeline is actually mostly normal. We never filed for N400, but were approved without interview after 23 months. Congrats, its a great feeling :).

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

On 4/23/2023 at 9:38 PM, TastyCake said:

We did my wife's N-400 online 6 months ago.  It seems (operative word) the I-751 (which we referenced in a 'cover letter' of sorts for our N-400) got subsequently yanked from the Petrified Forest... aka Vermont Service Center... and I believe (operative word) it is now paired with our N-400 and is currently collecting dust in Lee's Summit, MO.  Perhaps waiting for the local office in Boston to say they are ready for our cases??? (I ask rhetorically)

Probably the most distressing thing right now is when I run a VJ report of Bostonians in the same position as us I see people who filed an N-400 a few months BEFORE us ostensibly waiting for some movement.  So what does that tell us?

I have no idea why there is such a lack of progress in Boston.  Are the USCIS employees there too busy watching the Bruins on the big screen to adjudicate cases in a timely manner?

Last year we fell for the 'File your N-400 because it helps to speed things up' recommendation.  The truth of the matter is it hasn't done a thing.  We are now writing our Senators asking for help but I don't expect that to bring positive results.  We'll try anyway.

I personally feel they'll find Jimmy Hoffa before we ever see movement on our open cases from the USCIS.  It's so frustrating.  You do all you're asked to do in a timely manner, submit impeccable packages only to be held up by nonsense.

Best of luck to you and yours and all our hopes that your 'distractions' get reconciled soon.  🙂

wow, thats just more stress. i dont understand why its taking so long for you guys. i hope its resolved soon.

we will see what happens in the next few weeks/months if anything gets resolved. fingers crossed.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/23/2023 at 7:38 PM, TastyCake said:

Same boat as you 18 month 751 and 6 months n400. No movement on either. This process is annoying and should not take this long

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.