Crabbypatty

Adjustment of status timing question (Merged x6)

79 posts in this topic

Hey, 

is it possible to file the whole aos package online? (I-130, I-130a, I-485, is-765 etc.) or can only  the I-130 be filed online and then the rest via mail? If so does it make a difference in regards to how fast your package will be reviewed if it was filed online and via mail combined? 

thanks? 

2 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

is it possible to file the whole aos package online?

No.  Only the I-130/I-130A may be filed online.  Not much benefit in doing so, since you have to file the I-485 by mail anyway.  Just file them all together in the same package.

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

No.  Only the I-130/I-130A may be filed online.  Not much benefit in doing so, since you have to file the I-485 by mail anyway.  Just file them all together in the same package.

That’s what I thought, thanks! And do I call the uscis hotline to find out which lockbox to file to? I thought it was the Chicago lockbox regardless but I’m confused cause I read somewhere there’s different lockboxes and you have to find out which one to file to. Also,  do you guys have any details on the exact way of how to package the stuff and what way to send it out? ( I’m guessing priority and Trackable is the safest way) 

thank you! 

1 minute ago, Crabbypatty said:

I thought it was the Chicago lockbox regardless but I’m confused cause I read somewhere there’s different lockboxes and you have to find out which one to file to.

Depends on your state of residence -- https://www.uscis.gov/uscis-lockbox-filing-locations-chart-for-certain-family-based-forms

do you guys have any details on the exact way of how to package the stuff and what way to send it out?

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/tips-for-filing-forms-by-mail

35 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

Hey. 

If my Adress is my own mailing Adress and I receive the mail, do I leave the field „in care of name“ on the Aos forms blank, or do I fill in my own name? 

Questions over questions 😄 

thanks !

Disregard since you have a mailing address. That is what I did. 

Ok. Just disregard the name or the whole Adress too? 🧐 thank you! 

It states in parentheses, if any, so since your mailing address is your address, you have no need to fill in “in care of”. You can write N/A there and beneath that your street address, etc.

HTH!

Hey there, 

my husband and I are sitting over the I-864 currently and are unsure of household size statements. He has two children of his own, my child as a stepchild now, and me + his ex wife he sponsored years ago who is now a lawful permanent resident. He his filing this form as a sponsor for me (his current wife) 

does he still have to put me under „persons who are not sponsored in this affidavit“ because we are married ? Or do we put 0, because I’m already counted in number 1. (persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit) 

we put three children ( including my child, who is now his stepchild, although he was never filed so far in my husband tax returns) , correct? 

appreciate you! 

image.thumb.jpg.9f92504bb6725f4ec864527d1d2265eb.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.