roxer

I-485 and I-131 Fees

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello. the I-485/I-131 were rejected due to fee amounts with no indication if we submitted too little or too much. I submitted together in the same package. I'm also not sure if I need to submit two separate checks. From the USCIS website I see $1,225 for the I-485 and $660 for the I-131. Is that incorrect? Or is there no charge for the I-131 because I am submitting together?

With many thanks - Roxer 

What visa is the adjustment from?

I-131 fee is waived when filing concurrently with I-485. I-765 fee is also waived, you should file that form too.

From the uscis website:

Filing Forms I-765 and Form I-131 with Form I-485

If you submit Form I-485 and pay the required fee, you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, for advance parole. You may submit these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, (also known as your receipt) as evidence that you filed Form I-485.

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the replies - extremely appreciated. Now to get them back into the mail. For the reason code on the I-765, I assume it is (c)(9).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Also file I-765 if you haven't. It's free with I-485. Even if there are no plans of using it for employment, it's worth having options. It also can act as ID for the banks, DMV etc.

And with it you can get an SSN sooner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.