JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Robert Frasher said:

@Shane-Debby Hello, I expect to be receiving my case number any day now as I am nearing the 90 day mark since NOA2 and I just sent another email request to NVCRESEARCH.  

I am a little confused on the next steps that I need to do.  What forms and any other info do my fiance and I need to start getting ready?  And what is an estimate of my timeline for the interview etc?  My fiance is in Buenos Aires, and the Embassy appears to have no or minimal backlog.

I know about:
DS-160

I-134

Police Records

Tax Documents

What else is there?

Thank you!

I don’t want to interrupt since it was not meant for me lol but here on the Buenos Aires embassy website they provide the package 3 for K1 (what they request from the interview + instructions etc)

https://ar.usembassy.gov/fiancee/

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Robert FrasherHello Robert. Looks like sarah beat me to it. I must admit though after viewing the info on that site that the process for argentina looks much simpler than the Philippines. I'll do some more digging tomorrow to see if i can find any other helpful info for you.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

@Robert FrasherHello Robert. Looks like sarah beat me to it. I must admit though after viewing the info on that site that the process for argentina looks much simpler than the Philippines. I'll do some more digging tomorrow to see if i can find any other helpful info for you.

Sorry! I saw that page from the Argentinian embassy and it seemed too good not to link it haha first embassy that I see that even links their P3 on their website. Some don't have any specifics at all, mine has a page but not really the updated P3. And Philippines do seem to be like one of the most complicated ones, with even additional steps.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Sorry! I saw that page from the Argentinian embassy and it seemed too good not to link it haha first embassy that I see that even links their P3 on their website. Some don't have any specifics at all, mine has a page but not really the updated P3. And Philippines do seem to be like one of the most complicated ones, with even additional steps.

No worries. We are all here to help one another. Yeah Philippines does seem to have many more hoops to jump through. Yay! lol

Edited by Shane-Debby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/14/2023 at 12:40 PM, Robert Frasher said:

@Jon & Pau What makes you think it will be as long as Christmas?  My NOA2 date was on April 17, so I believe I am just a few days behind you.  Do you not think getting your fiance here in September or October is possible?

Hello! Something to consider is that after your case is shipped to the consulate/embassy, the times will vary according to the backlog and processing times there. 

Something else to consider is that I NEVER would have expected for the NVC to take 3 months to receive and create cases. Pretty crazy! I also know it takes even more time for the case to be sent to the consulate/embassy, then more time for the interview to be scheduled, then more time for the actual interview. 

Since my case will go to Mexico, and I believe there's a bit of backlog there, I'm assuming it can take 3 months to receive a scheduled interview after being on Ready. I'm hoping that I'll have my visa by November, but even then, I can't exactly predict when and it could end up being January. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/14/2023 at 10:28 PM, Shane-Debby said:

Congrats! your getting closer. Im sure it will be before xmas. For us we submitted the DS-160's after petition was sent NVC. Then once the embassy receives it we will pay the embassy fees. You can do the I-134 anytime as long as your beneficiary has it before the interview. This is for the Philippines though. Not sure if the process is the same for Mexico. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it. I've heard of a lot of people who prefer to wait to do these things until they are READY, but I'm pretty lost on the times. Does your embassy currently have backlog for interview scheduling like Mexico does? When do you think you'll have your visa in hand?

@Jon & Pau I understand.  My case is now shipping to the Buenos Aires embassy and am hoping for no back logs.  End of October or November is probably most likely as well.  I am starting to regret doing this process with the United States.  I should have just sent my fiance to Spain and figured things out from there.  It is such a better country than the stale and lifeless USA :(.

And @Bh_sarah @Shane-Debby  Thank you for the help!

Edited by Robert Frasher

Timeline

@Jon & Pau Hello. Unfortunately, the Philippines has many hoops to jump through. Other than a ton of Philippine related required docs and the embassy interview she will also have to have a medical exam, and attend a CFO class. Other countries may have similar requirements. There are plenty of available appointments for the interview and medical exam but the CFO class is scheduling a month out. NVC approvals/shipping have been taking approximately 90 days. So if this holds true the embassy should have the case next month. Then Debby hopefully can get her stuff done within a couple months and then fly out novemberish. 

My fiancee and I are at 111 days since NOA2. We received our case number and invoice ID number on July 1st via an inquiry. Somehow we missed that shipping window on July 3/5. We are hoping so bad we don't miss another shipping window for the 18/19 of this month. No idea why it's taking so long. Our case continues to show "At NVC" since July 1st. I really don't want to have to wait another 2 weeks if it doesn't ship this week.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rocketman50 said:

My fiancee and I are at 111 days since NOA2. We received our case number and invoice ID number on July 1st via an inquiry. Somehow we missed that shipping window on July 3/5. We are hoping so bad we don't miss another shipping window for the 18/19 of this month. No idea why it's taking so long. Our case continues to show "At NVC" since July 1st. I really don't want to have to wait another 2 weeks if it doesn't ship this week.

you should be able to go case  tracker and type  in nvc case number there.

Just now, GinoNiña said:

you should be able to go case  tracker and type  in nvc case number there.

Yes. It's still at NVC waiting to ship when I check the status. That's been the status since July 1 when we got our case number. We are hoping it finally ships tomorrow or Wednesday during that shipping window. Or else we lose another 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, Rocketman50 said:

Yes. It's still at NVC waiting to ship when I check the status. That's been the status since July 1 when we got our case number. We are hoping it finally ships tomorrow or Wednesday during that shipping window. Or else we lose another 2 weeks.

Same thing happened to us. Didn’t ship with the next batch etc. Don’t lose hope. You’re more than likely going this week (I also noticed they ship on most work days - some days it’s just small numbers but still). Hopefully your embassy part will be fast (ours isn’t). Good luck!!

2 minutes ago, Robert Frasher said:

Good Morning,

Where do I look for the NVC case tracker?  Am I able to use the WAC# or does it need to be a different Case #?

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Robert Frasher said:

Good Morning,

Where do I look for the NVC case tracker?  Am I able to use the WAC# or does it need to be a different Case #?

1 minute ago, Gary Rich said:

In the link above. Select immigrant (NOT non-immigrant). 
You have to have your NVC case number that starts with your embassy 3 letter code, not the WAC.

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.