Jweldon08

CR1 Processing times and disappointment [merged threads]

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jweldon08 said:

Over the weekend our estimate I30 approval went from 7 months, to 11 months! 

Nebraska service center. Has anyone else experienced their estimation going up in recent days? 

Realistically speaking, I-130 is going to take over a year to process for most folks. 

The good news is that the following NVC stage is going pretty quick (17 days or so to DQ). 

Instead of stressing about how much time you need to wait and checking USCIS everyday, I would suggest making sure you have everything you need for the NVC stage in order (taxes, civil documents, financial support evidence). 

15 minutes ago, IRFUN said:

Realistically speaking, I-130 is going to take over a year to process for most folks. 

The good news is that the following NVC stage is going pretty quick (17 days or so to DQ). 

Instead of stressing about how much time you need to wait and checking USCIS everyday, I would suggest making sure you have everything you need for the NVC stage in order (taxes, civil documents, financial support evidence). 

You are right. 

For the NVC stage... My wife is the petitioner and we will be using a joint sponsor (her dad) 

Am I right in thinking. Tax transcripts for the most recent year, two I-864 forms filled out and any bank statements showing capital we have in our American account? What other documents will we most likely need. Civil documents - is that marriage certificate?

Thank you 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jweldon08 said:

You are right. 

For the NVC stage... My wife is the petitioner and we will be using a joint sponsor (her dad) 

Am I right in thinking. Tax transcripts for the most recent year, two I-864 forms filled out and any bank statements showing capital we have in our American account? What other documents will we most likely need. Civil documents - is that marriage certificate?

Thank you 

Yeah, you’ll need the latest tax return transcript and the numbers for the previous 2 years (to fill in on the I-864). If your joint sponsor has a spouse, the spouse may need to fill out an I-864A. 

Civil documents include birth/marriage/police certificates and, if applicable, divorce certificate and military record etc. All of these are well-documented on the NVC site. Do note that some countries have specific requirements for additional documents, so look into that. 

Financial evidence includes pay stubs if qualifying by income and bank statements, securities account statements, home appraisal letters if qualifying by assets. Again, these are well-documented on NVC site and here on VJ. 

If the petitioner is living abroad s/he will also need to prove domicile. 

FWIW, if I were to do everything again, I would file for a K3 a few months after submitting I-130. YMMV but it doesn’t hurt to file it. Best case scenario is you get to cut months off the wait time. 

Good luck on your visa journey. 

6 minutes ago, IRFUN said:

Yeah, you’ll need the latest tax return transcript and the numbers for the previous 2 years (to fill in on the I-864). If your joint sponsor has a spouse, the spouse may need to fill out an I-864A. 

Civil documents include birth/marriage/police certificates and, if applicable, divorce certificate and military record etc. All of these are well-documented on the NVC site. Do note that some countries have specific requirements for additional documents, so look into that. 

Financial evidence includes pay stubs if qualifying by income and bank statements, securities account statements, home appraisal letters if qualifying by assets. Again, these are well-documented on NVC site and here on VJ. 

If the petitioner is living abroad s/he will also need to prove domicile. 

FWIW, if I were to do everything again, I would file for a K3 a few months after submitting I-130. YMMV but it doesn’t hurt to file it. Best case scenario is you get to cut months off the wait time. 

Good luck on your visa journey. 

Thank you. 

My spouse does live abroad with me (she is dual nationality U.K and USA) we are both living in the UK right now. She will be moving back to the USA once i get my green card. 

How does she prove domicile in this situation? We have two little boys (also American citizens) so she wants to stay with me until we can all move together 

Timeline
Just now, Jweldon08 said:

Thank you. 

My spouse does live abroad with me (she is dual nationality U.K and USA) we are both living in the UK right now. She will be moving back to the USA once i get my green card. 

How does she prove domicile in this situation? We have two little boys (also American citizens) so she wants to stay with me until we can all move together 

Big picture, it’s all about proving the petitioner has either maintained or will reestablish ties with the US. 

In no particular order: Voter record, bank/securities accounts, properties, driver’s license, professional licenses. Signing a lease, registering kids for school. Just search domicile and you’ll find a ton of info. 

Sadly the processing times have gone up for both K1 and CR1. It is going to take over a year to get either one, but thankfully the NVC-visa in hand wait time is going down which is great! Try to avoid checking your emails every day, prepare documentation for the NVC stage, interview and enjoy the time you have in your home country before you leave :D

Best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Mine went from 1 week to 3 months. I was crushed. I also understand they are only approximate wait times. 

Petition Filed: 04/06/2022
NOA1: 04/06/2022
Notice of Active Review: 06/28/2022
NOA2: 04/03/2023
NVC Case Created: 04/06/2023
NVC Documentality Qualified: 08/09/2023
NVC Scheduled appointment at Bucharest Embassy for 10/17/23

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, 

I30 waiting with USCIS, my estimated processing time overnight has dropped from 9 months to 2 months... With Nebraska service center. Anyone else had this?

Although this is good news, we have a house sale and other things that were being based on 9 months until USCIS decision. But we will roll with it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

According to reddit users it has to do with the wait times on the visa bulletin. Mine dropped from 11 to 9 months. 

@jweldon08 USCIS sure makes for easy planning, I feel your pain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline