EatBulaga

Request for Form I-693 COURTESY EMAIL

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Congratulations to both @MnY and @EatBulaga (I saw he updated his timeline :))! So that's pretty strong support for the FO waiting on the I-693's completion despite what the courtesy letter says. This, of course, begs the question - did anyone not go forward with the I-693, and if so, did you also get approved? 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

2 hours ago, MnY said:

well my friends, 485(s)  K1 K2 approved one week after turning in the medicals at the atlanta office per the courtesy email

There were many, including attorneys said to wait for RFE, they were wrong (in this case, anyway)

Congratulations!!!

1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Congratulations to both @MnY and @EatBulaga (I saw he updated his timeline :))! So that's pretty strong support for the FO waiting on the I-693's completion despite what the courtesy letter says. This, of course, begs the question - did anyone not go forward with the I-693, and if so, did you also get approved? 

Thanks. I posted our approval report here

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/787260-august-2022-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10834387

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It is your right to get a copy of your I-693 form. I think it's wrong if they are charging you for this. Before approving it, you should always look it over. The people responsible for filling out the form are prone to make mistakes, and if it's on them, they that's money and time wasted. It's best if you can look over the form to make sure everything's correct and also be able to ask for a copy of the form as well.

What I would do is before getting a medical examination at one of these civil surgeon's office, is call them 1st and ask them if they will supply you a copy of the form and also allow you to review it after the doctor fills it out. If they say no, find another office.

6 hours ago, Noktor said:

It is your right to get a copy of your I-693 form. I think it's wrong if they are charging you for this. Before approving it, you should always look it over. The people responsible for filling out the form are prone to make mistakes, and if it's on them, they that's money and time wasted. It's best if you can look over the form to make sure everything's correct and also be able to ask for a copy of the form as well.

What I would do is before getting a medical examination at one of these civil surgeon's office, is call them 1st and ask them if they will supply you a copy of the form and also allow you to review it after the doctor fills it out. If they say no, find another office.

Yes. I agree.

If you read our Civil Surgeon report, you only check the first 2-pages.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/798091-request-for-form-i-693-courtesy-email/?do=findComment&comment=10826873

We did pay a little more for this Civil Surgeon because this doctor did provide a copy of the I-693 that is supposed to be in the sealed envelope.

However, we were not there when the doctor completed the form after the test results came back, and the envelope was sealed.

There is a small leap of faith that you assume the doctor to be competent and the sealed envelope contains the completed and complied I-693.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/798091-request-for-form-i-693-courtesy-email/?do=findComment&comment=10831413

It is theoretically possible that the doctor makes a mistake like put in the form of the wrong patient, etc.

But fortunately for us, we were approved so I assume the sealed I-693 was fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Here is my story.

I did not send them another medical except the one from K1 visa that I submitted with my application. Today I got my GC approved after getting a second active review on April 7th.

K1 Visa

NOA1: 11/02/2020

NOA2: 09/16/2021

NVC received: 10/07/2021

Case No: 10/12/2021

In transit: 10/26/2021

Consulate received: 10/27/2021

13 minutes ago, BPCW said:

Here is my story.

I did not send them another medical except the one from K1 visa that I submitted with my application. Today I got my GC approved after getting a second active review on April 7th.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 5/6/2023 at 11:02 PM, EatBulaga said:
On 5/6/2023 at 10:48 PM, BPCW said:

Here is my story.

Hi, did you file the I-693 or just provide the DS3025 with you AOS I-485 application? Thanks

On 7/12/2023 at 3:37 PM, Skye841 said:

Hi, did you file the I-693 or just provide the DS3025 with you AOS I-485 application? Thanks

@Skye841 We filed the I-693. @BPCW re-submitted the DS-3025.

If you read the posts on this thread, both were approved with slightly different circumstances. 

Hopefully, these are extra data points you can use to decide what is best for your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.