Hunnain

F4 NVC Approval Letter missing "Invoice ID Number"

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

My brother is an American national and he applied for my immigration under "F4 - BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF U.S. CITIZENS". I got my NVC number back in April 2014 but the Invoice ID number was never shared in that letter. I am unable to create an account on https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx . My priority date is April 2011, but I want to resolve this matter as soon as I can. 

My case was initially being handled through a lawyer but he stopped his practice in 2018. He communicated to my brother that he shared all the relevant letters / information to him, but he never mentioned anything about Invoice ID number. We have tried reaching out to him to ensure that he has not missed out any document relating to "Invoice ID Number", but he is no where to be found.

Can somebody please help and guide me how can I get this number and create account on the Immigrant Visa website?

I am from Pakistan.

Regards,

Hunnain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You still have a few years to wait.  Currently, PD 22 March 07 F4 cases are eligible for visa numbers.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Thank you for the reply. But I just need clarity on why my letter does not contains this piece of information? Or will this be issued to me later and then I will be able to create my account on the immigrant visa website? The only reason for this post is to resolve any issue beforehand that can further delay my immigration. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hunnain said:

Thank you for the reply. But I just need clarity on why my letter does not contains this piece of information? Or will this be issued to me later and then I will be able to create my account on the immigrant visa website? The only reason for this post is to resolve any issue beforehand that can further delay my immigration. 

site to check status is CEAC  /put in the # assigned by NVC

you can not expedite a F4 visa/all u can do is wait for your time to come up

the F4 is limited to 65,000 visas a year

when NVC is ready to process the AOS and ds 260 the USC will receive an invoice for payments and instructions to fill out the forms

Number of Visas Each Year is Limited in Some Categories

United States law limits the number of immigrant visa numbers available each year in certain visa categories. This means that even if USCIS approves an immigrant visa petition for you, you may not get an immigrant visa number immediately. In addition, U.S. law also limits the number of visas available in certain categories by country. For limited categories, the availability of immigrant visa numbers depends on the date your petition was filed and the number of others waiting for the same visa category. The date your petition was filed is called your priority date.

Priority dates are posted monthly on the Visa Bulletin, which provides up-to-date priority dates for cases NVC is processing. Please note that while NVC attempts to contact all applicants when their visa number is available, you can also use the Department of State’s Visa Bulletin to check whether a visa is available for your petition. If a visa is available and NVC has not yet contacted you, please let us know by using our Public Inquiry Form.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hunnain said:

It could be back then they didn't give out the IIN so you can't log in now they send it all but you can;t do anything.
Also there's no account for you to create. The account has been created. There's no need to contact lawyer you can go straight to the source and request NVC to send you your IIN since you have your case#. But you have about 3 years before you can start processing.

Public Inquiry Form (state.gov)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 5 weeks later...

The reason for this post is, Recently I received news that my mother, who is a U.S. national, has been diagnosed with a serious medical condition. I am deeply concerned and wish to be with her as soon as possible. However, my F4 visa application has been pending for several years, and I am concerned that the process will take too long to reunite me with my mother.

In light of my mother's condition, I would like to explore the option of expediting my case. I understand that this process can be complex and may require legal assistance, which is why I am reaching posting here.

I am hoping that someone can help me expedite my case and provide guidance on the next steps.

As far as documentation, I have medical reports and other supporting documents to demonstrate the urgency of my case. I would be happy to provide any additional documentation that may require to proceed with my case.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could confirm if any assistance can be provider to my case and, if so, what the next steps are.

On the plus side, my brother was able to obtain "Invoice ID" and "Beneficiary ID" from NVC

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing some positive and helpful replies. 

18 hours ago, Hunnain said:

I would like to explore the option of expediting my case.

I'm sorry about your mother, but there is no option to expedite your case until after your Priority Date (PD) becomes current.  No lawyer anywhere and no amount of additional documentation can help to expedite your case now, regardless of your mother's condition.  The only option for you, as far as your F4 case is concerned, is to wait for your PD to become current, maybe in around 4 years or so.  Alternatively, you may try applying for a B2 visa to visit your mother.

Refer to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html#ivp7 --

I have been waiting for a very long time for my relative to get an immigrant visa. Now there is a family emergency and I need my relative to immigrate soon to the U.S. Can NVC help me?

If a visa is not available, unfortunately there is nothing that NVC can do to expedite the petition. Immigrant visa processing is governed by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended, which controls availability of visas. There is no provision within the law that would allow the Department of State to issue a visa to someone for whom a visa is unavailable.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:33 PM, Hunnain said:

The reason for this post is, Recently I received news that my mother, who is a U.S. national, has been diagnosed with a serious medical condition. I am deeply concerned and wish to be with her as soon as possible. However, my F4 visa application has been pending for several years, and I am concerned that the process will take too long to reunite me with my mother.

In light of my mother's condition, I would like to explore the option of expediting my case. I understand that this process can be complex and may require legal assistance, which is why I am reaching posting here.

I am hoping that someone can help me expedite my case and provide guidance on the next steps.

As far as documentation, I have medical reports and other supporting documents to demonstrate the urgency of my case. I would be happy to provide any additional documentation that may require to proceed with my case.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could confirm if any assistance can be provider to my case and, if so, what the next steps are.

On the plus side, my brother was able to obtain "Invoice ID" and "Beneficiary ID" from NVC

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing some positive and helpful replies. 

Visas in the F4 category cannot be expedited, unfortunately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.