jpeds

K1 visa update

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone...

Man still no NOA2 after a year now..

Filed our k1 back in February 22, 2021 and its very unfortunate that we haven’t gotten any notice yet. I sent mine to Texas but it got routed to California? Is that like their main hub? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Basically I-129F petitions will all go to the California Service Center, except for petitioners who have a criminal background as those will go to the Vermont Service Center instead where they will languish forever.

Is that a typo on your date?  Did you submit your petition in February 2021 or February 2022?  I've been seeing posts that people with NOA1's in January 2022 are starting to get NOA2.  If you submitted in February 2022 then you should be hearing within a few weeks hopefully.

If you submitted in February 2021 and haven't heard anything at all (no RFE, etc) then you definitely need to submit a case inquiry to USCIS because that is way beyond expected processing time.

Edited by pnutt8

Timeline
6 minutes ago, pnutt8 said:

Basically I-129F petitions will all go to the California Service Center, except for petitioners who have a criminal background as those will go to the Vermont Service Center instead where they will languish forever.

Is that a typo on your date?  Did you submit your petition in February 2021 or February 2022?  I've been seeing posts that people with NOA1's in January 2022 are starting to get NOA2.  If you submitted in February 2022 then you should be hearing within a few weeks hopefully.

If you submitted in February 2021 and haven't heard anything at all (no RFE, etc) then you definitely need to submit a case inquiry to USCIS because that is way beyond expected processing time.

Hello my friend. I do appreciate the response . And yes, I apologize I made a typo there. We submitted ours February 22, 2022. I really am hoping the best for all of us. It gets a little frustrating, but I try to understand. Thank you once again and all the best to you as well my friend. 

3 hours ago, jpeds said:

Hello my friend. I do appreciate the response . And yes, I apologize I made a typo there. We submitted ours February 22, 2022. I really am hoping the best for all of us. It gets a little frustrating, but I try to understand. Thank you once again and all the best to you as well my friend. 

Petition processing time is currently 15.5 months.  You’re still within normal processing time.

The Texas lockbox where you sent it is simply an intake facility.   I-129f petitions are adjudicated in California.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

They are not yet working on February 2021 cases. They are currently working on January 2021. You can follow their progress here (under "Total Cases" sheet -> "hot zone" (red line) in the table)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please create a timeline on your profile and ID the country

watching  timelines and reading embassy reviews and posts from VJ members going thru your embassy will help u 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Obllak said:

They are not yet working on February 2021 cases. They are currently working on January 2021. You can follow their progress here (under "Total Cases" sheet -> "hot zone" (red line) in the table)

I do apologize, but I made a typo there. I meant to put February 2022. Thank you so much for that. I appreciate it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, jpeds said:

I do apologize, but I made a typo there. I meant to put February 2022. Thank you so much for that. I appreciate it. 

My received date is Feb 22, 2022 as well. Hoping we start seeing approvals next month. Follow the February 2022 K1 filers topic.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
1 hour ago, jpeds said:

Whoops, I made a typo too! I meant 2022 as well! You are very welcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.