samsam2507

IR5 Interview - Montreal - Interview Questions for Parents

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, samsam2507 said:

Our daughter sponsored us (parents)  and our interview is scheduled at the end of March 2023. Appreciate if someone let us know the questions they asked at the interview. Thanks in advance.

Very few. Related to your petitioner .. like where she works.. family.. where they live .. compared to other visa categories parents IR5 is v straight forward 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, samsam2507 said:

Our daughter sponsored us (parents)  and our interview is scheduled at the end of March 2023. Appreciate if someone let us know the questions they asked at the interview. Thanks in advance.

Did you have your interview yet? My parents are in the same boat for this week. They are scheduled on different days. How were the questions if you already had it?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, hyoliyuli said:

Hi! If you don't mind me asking, how did your interviews go??

My dad's was approved at interview today. But my mom's got put on additional processing at her interview last week. :(

We both had our interviews last week. They just checked the originals of the documents that we submitted with the application. They asked about the petitioners details such as where she lives, where she works etc. Next day we received an email from US Embassy saying that they handed over our passports to the courier  company. Couple of days later, we both received the passports with the visas. Visas are valid for six months from  the date of your medical exam. Hope this explanation helps you. 

1 hour ago, samsam2507 said:

We both had our interviews last week. They just checked the originals of the documents that we submitted with the application. They asked about the petitioners details such as where she lives, where she works etc. Next day we received an email from US Embassy saying that they handed over our passports to the courier  company. Couple of days later, we both received the passports with the visas. Visas are valid for six months from  the date of your medical exam. Hope this explanation helps you. 

Wow, congrats! That sounds like it went really smoothly. I hope the same happens with my dad's case at least. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, samsam2507 said:

did they check ur daughter original birth certificate? i applied for my mother and i am wondering should I send her my original birth  certificate from usa to her country for interview 

1 minute ago, Mill&bill said:

did they check ur daughter original birth certificate? i applied for my mother and i am wondering should I send her my original birth  certificate from usa to her country for interview 

Yes. They asked for the original certificate. However we took a certified copy of the certificate. They accepted it. In addition, they asked petitioner's tax records. We had  Form 1040 and tax transcript of our daughter. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, samsam2507 said:

Yes. They asked for the original certificate. However we took a certified copy of the certificate. They accepted it. In addition, they asked petitioner's tax records. We had  Form 1040 and tax transcript of our daughter. 

thank u for ur reply, did they ask for her naturalization certificate too?

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, samsam2507 said:

Hi! I am doing this for my Canadian parents now -- when do we do the i-864 (financial sponsorship portion?) is that something you bring to the inverview versus how we have to file the i-130?

5 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

Hi! I am doing this for my Canadian parents now -- when do we do the i-864 (financial sponsorship portion?) is that something you bring to the inverview versus how we have to file the i-130?

Once I-130 is approved, you will be able to submit I-864 after paying required fees. 

Please follow the link below.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.