D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

About how long is it taking for them to cash checks? It got delivered on Friday so obviously I'm not expecting it yet, just curious!

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Couldn't mail my packet on Mar 7 as planned but was able to mail it on Mar 30 and was received by the Elgin Lockbox on the 31st. I guess that still makes me a March filer. Here's my timeline so far:

Mar 30 (Thu) - overnighted via Fedex

Mar 31 (Fri) - delivered per Fedex tracking

April 4 (Tue) - got a text from my bank at 23:44 that my cc was charged 

April 5 (Wed) - got a text from 87247 at 13:25 that USCIS received my packet on Mar 31 with receipt number starting with IOE.

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Couldn't mail my packet on Mar 7 as planned but was able to mail it on Mar 30 and was received by the Elgin Lockbox on the 31st. I guess that still makes me a March filer. Here's my timeline so far:

Mar 30 (Thu) - overnighted via Fedex

Mar 31 (Fri) - delivered per Fedex tracking

April 4 (Tue) - got a text from my bank at 23:44 that my cc was charged 

April 5 (Wed) - got a text from 87247 at 13:25 that USCIS received my packet on Mar 31 with receipt number starting with IOE.

Sweet! Just got a text that they received my package on March 31st, no cashed check yet though but I'm guessing it will go through in the next few days then! 

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

My Timeline:

03/25 Filed at AZ Lockbox via Fedex overnight.

03/27 Received case on USCIS account as well as text received from USCIS with IOE prefix receipt number

04/04 Received NOA in mail. 48 month extension approved

No idea what I should do next?? Should my wife and I file concurrent N-400 now?

Edited by justmarriedusciti

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, justmarriedusciti said:

My Timeline:

03/25 Filed at AZ Lockbox via Fedex overnight.

03/27 Received case on USCIS account as well as text received from USCIS with IOE prefix receipt number

04/04 Received NOA in mail. 48 month extension approved

No idea what I should do next?? Should my wife and I file concurrent N-400 now?

If you're eligible - I would definitely file online! 

But at the same time I read in another N400 post that someone recommended waiting one or two months more before filing the N400 to ensure it's not getting pushed out or even rejected. I'm eligible in 2024 around May - I'm planning to wait until August to file - and then to file for a 'Beibehaltungsurkunde' to keep my German Passport as dual

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

1 hour ago, Bavarian91 said:

If you're eligible - I would definitely file online! 

But at the same time I read in another N400 post that someone recommended waiting one or two months more before filing the N400 to ensure it's not getting pushed out or even rejected. I'm eligible in 2024 around May - I'm planning to wait until August to file - and then to file for a 'Beibehaltungsurkunde' to keep my German Passport as dual

We have been married for almost 5 years now, but filed for the GC pretty late into the marriage. The 3 year mark passed two years ago and now we have this 48 month extension letter in hand. Do you think it should be okay to file N-400 or should I wait a while even then?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, justmarriedusciti said:

We have been married for almost 5 years now, but filed for the GC pretty late into the marriage. The 3 year mark passed two years ago and now we have this 48 month extension letter in hand. Do you think it should be okay to file N-400 or should I wait a while even then?

Personally - I would file. But I'm not a legal expert or lawyer. But If I be in your situation I would file.

I-751 Timeline

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

1 hour ago, Bavarian91 said:

Personally - I would file. But I'm not a legal expert or lawyer. But If I be in your situation I would file.

The conditional GC itself is only 2 years old. Does that matter or does one need to be a conditional GC holder for 3 years before filing for concurrent N-400?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, justmarriedusciti said:

Be careful! You can become a US Citizen when you are married to a US Citizen and then complete 3 years as a permanent resident (PR)! It is not solely 3 or more years as the spouse of a US Citizen, you have to meet the time as PR as well. You are eligible to file for N-400 three months before you meet the 3 years as a PR (that is, you can file for N-400 at 2 years and 9 months from the issue date on your conditional green card)

On 4/4/2023 at 4:27 PM, cali-jellyfish said:

New updates:

• Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS on 03/30/23
  • NOA received in the mail, a 48-month extension on 04/04/23
  • USCIS Account Access notice received in the mail on 04/05/23
  • Biometrics will be reused letter received in the mail on 04/05/23

California Service Center!

Edited by cali-jellyfish

What did you guys submit for supporting docs? I had two affidavit letters, life insurance showing my husband as beneficiary from statefarm and from my work, tax docs from 2020, 2021. Plane tickets from 2020 and 2021 showing that we traveled together, bank statements, docs showing that we are in process of buying a house together, pics from our travels for the past 2 years, plane tickets for our planned trip to Asia for this year, joint health benefits and I also added letter from my work, not sure if that was needed but added it as extra. I didnt go overboard with writing a love story because they already have that. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Magda M said:

What did you guys submit for supporting docs? I had two affidavit letters, life insurance showing my husband as beneficiary from statefarm and from my work, tax docs from 2020, 2021. Plane tickets from 2020 and 2021 showing that we traveled together, bank statements, docs showing that we are in process of buying a house together, pics from our travels for the past 2 years, plane tickets for our planned trip to Asia for this year, joint health benefits and I also added letter from my work, not sure if that was needed but added it as extra. I didnt go overboard with writing a love story because they already have that. 

You should be absolutely fine with that! We added the deed of our house - 3 years of Tax transcripts, joint Bank account transcript, joint Credit card transcript, plane Ticket print out of our latest trip to Germany last November,  Pictures and Social Media post of the past 2 years... one affidavit (we had a second one - sadly was written incorrect so we didn't file it)... Car Insurance in both names, Home insurance in both names, Health insurance under my employers coverage for both of us....

I-751 Timeline

2 minutes ago, Bavarian91 said:

You should be absolutely fine with that! We added the deed of our house - 3 years of Tax transcripts, joint Bank account transcript, joint Credit card transcript, plane Ticket print out of our latest trip to Germany last November,  Pictures and Social Media post of the past 2 years... one affidavit (we had a second one - sadly was written incorrect so we didn't file it)... Car Insurance in both names, Home insurance in both names, Health insurance under my employers coverage for both of us....

Yeh, Im not worried at all. Hopefully we wont have to go for interview they give me anxiety lol 

Timeline
Just now, Magda M said:

Yeh, Im not worried at all. Hopefully we wont have to go for interview they give me anxiety lol 

I dont even worry about that... the Greencard one two years ago was a piece of cake. If you are in a legitimate marriage you have nothing to worry about. I was sleepless for days and It was so calm and understanding. 

I-751 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.