D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
8 hours ago, CCCas said:

my bad. i did not see that. i just saw the one at the bottom. anyway, yeah if it's the only form on the USCIS website then it must be current. 

Will do, thank you. 

18 hours ago, Nestomkd said:

My case status says biometrics appointment scheduled. Has anybody had that and then received a notice in the mail for a biometric reuse?

Glad I'm not the only one.  I've seen others that received the biometric reuse although I received my appointment for this coming Monday April 3rd.  

2 hours ago, jMarti said:

Glad I'm not the only one.  I've seen others that received the biometric reuse although I received my appointment for this coming Monday April 3rd.  

Same here! My status says biometrics appointment scheduled, and I’m just waiting on the letter to find out when it will be. 

Also still waiting on the receipt/extension letter! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'll be keeping an eye on the timelines in this thread! 

Filed my 751 packet 3/21

CC charged 3/25

NOA1 Received 3/31

Now the long wait....

1 minute ago, L and J C said:

Where do you see a documents tab? I only signed up for myUSCIS and not the other older site, and can’t see a documents tab anywhere. 

I don't see it, I only replied to somebody's comment about their document tab. Usually only filers with IOE case numbers see it, and not everybody.

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I don't see it, I only replied to somebody's comment about their document tab. Usually only filers with IOE case numbers see it, and not everybody.

Gotcha thanks! So weird. It also looks like I can’t sign up for the egov USCIS account, djd they end up merging that with myUSCIS or are retiring it? Feel like I read about that somewhere and now can’t find it lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey ya'll, 

I talked with an agent through Emma's live chat today because I have not received any letter in the mail yet (the petition was received on March 15). They couldn't confirm whether any mail was sent, but they confirmed my biometrics will be reused. I thought it was very interesting since my case status is still reflecting as "being actively reviewed by USCIS". Well, at least I know a biometric appointment letter won't be sent. 

I'll wait until April 15 to send a request for a missing letter. I have a trip scheduled after my GC's expiration date. Just want to make sure I have the extension letter before leaving the country. 

13 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey ya'll, 

I talked with an agent through Emma's live chat today because I have not received any letter in the mail yet (the petition was received on March 15). They couldn't confirm whether any mail was sent, but they confirmed my biometrics will be reused. I thought it was very interesting since my case status is still reflecting as "being actively reviewed by USCIS". Well, at least I know a biometric appointment letter won't be sent. 

I'll wait until April 15 to send a request for a missing letter. I have a trip scheduled after my GC's expiration date. Just want to make sure I have the extension letter before leaving the country. 

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but you spoke to tier 1 agent who likely didn't know what's going on with your case. They're likely gave you a satisfactory response to get you off the chat and serve the next person. Do not buy into what they said to you. Majority of cases go through "being actively reviewed by USCIS", before switching to other status. Usually it doesn't mean much, as people see this status for weeks or months. Another infamous status is "Interview is ready to be scheduled". Some people see it for up to a year.

1. It's totally fine you haven't received the letter, usually it takes 2-6 weeks after filing.

2. You cannot be sure whether biometrics will be reused. You may be invited for appointment, watch out for a letter and case status. It may take up to 6 months after filing to receive it!

3. It's very undesirable to miss biometrics appointment if you get it while abroad. Your case may be denied because of missing it.

4. Don't travel overseas without GC + extension letter or ADIT (I-551) stamp in passport.

Good luck!

Edited by OldUser

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Today I got two letters in the mail: one stating my biometrics will be reused, and another one to set up my online account. Am I still expecting to receive something else?

Timeline update: 

03/20 package sent

03/24 package delivered in Phoenix Lockbox (FedEx)

03/28 Case was received (IOE). Sms received at 3 am

03/30 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

04/03 Two letters came in the mail: biometrics will be reused, and instruction to set up USCIS online account 

11 hours ago, juancarlos said:

Today I got two letters in the mail: one stating my biometrics will be reused, and another one to set up my online account. Am I still expecting to receive something else?

Timeline update: 

03/20 package sent

04/03 Two letters came in the mail: biometrics will be reused, and instruction to set up USCIS online account 

Your i797 NOA that extends your green card after expiration date to another 48 months

Edited by CCCas

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, juancarlos said:

Timeline update: 

03/20 package sent

I hope for the same fast process! 

Mine just got delivered by UPS to the Elgin, IL Lockbox.

Fingers crossed!

I-751 Timeline

04/03/2023 - Filed (UPS Elgin, IL Lockbox)

04/04/2023 - Received by USCIS 💌

04/07/2023 - Text Message with Case # 📲

04/11/2023 - Online Status changed to being Actively Reviewed 👀

04/14/2023 - Two USCIS Letters - Biometrics will be re-used / Log-in Info (Potomac Service Center 😰)

04/17/2023 - NOA FORM I-797 - 48 Month extension 🕗

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bavarian91 said:

I hope for the same fast process! 

Mine just got delivered by UPS to the Elgin, IL Lockbox.

Fingers crossed!

I am sure it will be the same for you guys,

Good luck!

On 3/30/2023 at 11:13 AM, cali-jellyfish said:
  • Case was received on 03/29/23, receipt number starts with IOE0919

New updates:

• Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS on 03/30/23
  • NOA received in the mail, a 48-month extension on 04/04/23
Edited by cali-jellyfish

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.