US/EU_in_Czech

No US phone number for DS-260

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Form DS-260 asks for the petitioner's phone number and only accepts US formats. What if the petitioner lives abroad and doesn't have a US phone number? Should they give a family member's number in the US?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

The petitioner  needs to establish  US domicile at some point. Today is good. 

It is possible to get a U.S. phone number outside the U.S. ; just enter this into a search engine:

how can i get a us number from outside U.S.

This way, in the unlikely event DoS calls the petitioner, there will be no delays in responding. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

The petitioner  needs to establish  US domicile at some point. Today is good. 

It is possible to get a U.S. phone number outside the U.S. ; just enter this into a search engine:

how can i get a us number from outside U.S.

This way, in the unlikely event DoS calls the petitioner, there will be no delays in responding. 

Thanks, I've done that! Found a free app :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, US/EU_in_Czech said:

Thanks, I've done that! Found a free app :)

Good, but note, just because there's a question, does not mean there must be an answer.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
27 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Good, but note, just because there's a question, does not mean there must be an answer.

It did in this case! The phone number was mandatory

Edited by US/EU_in_Czech

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, US/EU_in_Czech said:

It did in this case! The phone number was mandatory

What you did worked.  Entering ten digits of your actual phone number would have worked too.  They don't "call" and you are not required to have a US number.  Lot's of folks read these threads.  My information is for "the reader".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

What you did worked.  Entering ten digits of your actual phone number would have worked too.  They don't "call" and you are not required to have a US number.  Lot's of folks read these threads.  My information is for "the reader".

Sure, that's legit. I just didn't want to enter anything "wrong"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.