ArizonaPHX

Weird update on my I-751 after submitting N-400

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My I-751 was approved Sep 2022 and got my 10 years GC, last week I sent my N-400 and today got a status update on my I-751. The update is the following:

On February 22, 2023, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC2*******, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case.

in the email I see this update as well:

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

I'm not sure if that’s a glitch in the system or automated email for status update. Anyone has any idea why my case was transferred even it was approved? 

I'm not worry about the background check because my marriage is legit, but I found it weird to get update on an approved case. 

2/13/23 Mailed application to USCIS

2/15/23 USCIS Received Application 

2/25/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment (online update)

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

3/15/23 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

7/25/23 Interview was scheduled  

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Looks like a glitch to me. USCIS is large, their left hand doesn't know what the right hand doing. Since you got your I-751 approval, you can bring the approval notice and GC to N-400 interview.

Thats what I thought too. 

the case was showing:

Your Case Status: Initial Review

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

All this has happened before and will happen again 

The only surprise is that the 2023 edition started now and not January 

Edited by Mike E

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

All this has happened before and will happen again 

The only surprise is that the 2023 edition started now and not January 

Thank you for sharing that, I guess its something normal then.

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Glitchy system.

Just yesterday I saw a letter of a 751 approval where they also mentioned that the N400 was also approved… yet the person never applied for N400!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

3 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Glitchy system.

Just yesterday I saw a letter of a 751 approval where they also mentioned that the N400 was also approved… yet the person never applied for N400!

would be great to get approval without applying lol, thanks!

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

20 hours ago, OldUser said:

USCIS is large, their left hand doesn't know what the right hand doing.

I said that to my husband the other day. He replied, "I don't think the left hand even knows what the left hand is doing."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.