EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

470 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Awesome!  As soon as https://ustraveldocs.com/ph lets you book, you can book an an interview too.  If it lets you book at all, you are good.  There is some doctrine that you must wait for "congratulatory letter" from the embassy.  It's not true.  If it lets you book interview then it's good.

Yes, thanks. We've been trying several times already.

20 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Awesome!  As soon as https://ustraveldocs.com/ph lets you book, you can book an an interview too.  If it lets you book at all, you are good.  There is some doctrine that you must wait for "congratulatory letter" from the embassy.  It's not true.  If it lets you book interview then it's good.

I just was able to schedule both Visa interviews as well.

6 hours ago, top_secret said:

Those who received auto-expedites.  In the previous mass expedites, the whole system gets hit all at once, Philippine parts get jammed up and break down, and those who move quickly hold the advantage.  If you got an expedite, book Saint Luke's now, create your http://ustraveldocs.com/ph account now, and as soon as your case status is "Ready" start trying to schedule.  Don't wait for an e-mail from the embassy with instructions. If it's "Ready" you can proceed as soon as it lets you. If you get "case number not found" try again later.

Any CR's yet? 

In all the various groups, I’ve seen only IRs posting they received notice of expedite.

I suspect USEM is working through the IR backlog. Which is bad news for CRs. Because, given the wildly low ratio of IR/CR interviews monthly compared to B, F, E, and even H categories, it will likely be another 3 to 6 months before anyone starts seeing ILs in numbers of any consequence, as USEM works its way through this current en masse request. 

I guess the good news is twofold: i) the backlog will be reduced slightly, and ii) those of us weeks away from IR conversion will be IR by the next time they request en masse, if they do so again. 

Edited by Jason and May

I am happy for everyone who got expedited. At the same time, I am here wondering when my case will move forward. I am a CR1, DQ'd in June 26, 2023 (IR1 in less than a month). I cant stop but feel betrayed by this system again. I mean I am happy for the ones who got expedited, but I thought it was first in-first out. I get it, I am CR1. Does that mean I have to wait till I get converted to IR1 before I hear something? if that's the case then remove CR1 category and just do straight IR1. Anyway.....my apologies, Im ranting....

6 minutes ago, Adobo said:

I am happy for everyone who got expedited. At the same time, I am here wondering when my case will move forward. I am a CR1, DQ'd in June 26, 2023 (IR1 in less than a month). I cant stop but feel betrayed by this system again. I mean I am happy for the ones who got expedited, but I thought it was first in-first out. I get it, I am CR1. Does that mean I have to wait till I get converted to IR1 before I hear something? if that's the case then remove CR1 category and just do straight IR1. Anyway.....my apologies, Im ranting....

It's even more baffling considering that the US government makes quite a bit of money off CR1.  

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

55 minutes ago, Adobo said:

Totally understand your rant. I have been sending messages on their public inquiry form since yesterday and I was basically ranting there too. I also sent an expedite request just in hopes to nudge my husband's case.

I'm really thinking of just spamming their FB page with comments of protest at this point - as advised by one of the FB group members. 

They said maybe that had an effect on why they suddenly did a mass expedite again. It's good they're moving, but why all of a sudden, they don't want to adhere to their own FIFO policy anymore 😭

Edited by PsychoGF

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

11 hours ago, top_secret said:

Those who received auto-expedites.  In the previous mass expedites, the whole system gets hit all at once, Philippine parts get jammed up and break down, and those who move quickly hold the advantage.  If you got an expedite, book Saint Luke's now, create your http://ustraveldocs.com/ph account now, and as soon as your case status is "Ready" start trying to schedule.  Don't wait for an e-mail from the embassy with instructions. If it's "Ready" you can proceed as soon as it lets you. If you get "case number not found" try again later.

Any CR's yet? 

I just tried to create an account on that site and it wouldn't let me. When it asked for first and last name, I started off with my name and it said "please make sure you are entering your name correctly as it appears on your passport". I then tried using my wife's name, thinking maybe that's what it was asking for. It then said there was an error and the site administrator had been notified. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Jan 5 2024 IR1 DQ here. No auto expedite notice for me. I was little hoping cases earlier than Feb 2024 would be counted like last auto expedite did. How far back cases got auto expedite? July?

1 hour ago, Will&Christine said:

Jan 5 2024 IR1 DQ here. No auto expedite notice for me. I was little hoping cases earlier than Feb 2024 would be counted like last auto expedite did. How far back cases got auto expedite? July?

I saw an October 16th 2023 DQ included in the mass expedite, (supposedly).

7 hours ago, Walter94 said:

I just tried to create an account on that site and it wouldn't let me. When it asked for first and last name, I started off with my name and it said "please make sure you are entering your name correctly as it appears on your passport". I then tried using my wife's name, thinking maybe that's what it was asking for. It then said there was an error and the site administrator had been notified. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Okay never mind, I just figured this one out. Apparently there are other VJ members that had the same issue, the solution was to click "forgot password" and then enter your email under "username". They sent me a temporary login code and I was able to access an account which I apparently had, but I never created. I guess they automatically created one under the same email I gave to USCIS at the time of petition. Weird.

4 hours ago, Will&Christine said:

You should probably have another 9 or 10 months wait, if anything like the rest of us.

Hard to believe this post is over a year old. It seems the final interview step being broken is not a temporary problem. 

Are citizens required to do the embassy interview in their country of nationality?  Of residency?

Is it possible to schedule it for a nearby country ( I would pick Taiwan due to ease of travel there but I don’t think they have relations with the US so maybe another Asian  country?) 

filipina partner is currently applying for crew work abroad so she may be able to prove residency outside PHL soon if that makes a difference. Just hoping to head this problem off in advance. It’s ridiculous to have to “expedite” a case or contact my congresscritter. Another possibility would be both of us relocating to Mexico once we get the second Notice Of Action letter. Another benefit would be avoiding St Luke’s X-ray machine !

Went “Case Ready” today and scheduled my wife and daughter’s IR1/IR2 interviews. Already had their medical scheduled, so hopefully all will go well with their medical and we can get this show on the road. 

I don’t know how NVC pulls these numbers but here is what they sent my congressman.

As of APR-2024, the NVC is scheduling IV interview appointments for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MANILA, PHILIPPINES for Immediate Relative applicants that were documentarily complete on or before MAY-2023.

I suppose this follows the theory that was posited here a few months back.  Back in September, they told him that they were scheduling for 6-2021.  And in January they said 1-2023.  The numbers are moving closer together… hopefully that trend continues 

6/25/2022 - Married via Utah County Zoom Marriage
6/28/2022 - Submitted I-130 online
6/28/2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)
7/1/2022 - Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.