EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

478 posts in this topic

Just now, Adobo said:

A bunch of IR1's just got auto expedited between May 2023 and Oct 2023....Unfortunately, no news on CR1's yet.

Haven't seen any CR1s move at all. So unfair how they keep saying that it's FIFO yet there are still May DQs who haven't received any kind of update.

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

Just now, PsychoGF said:

Haven't seen any CR1s move at all. So unfair how they keep saying that it's FIFO yet there are still May DQs who haven't received any kind of update.

I got a feeling we're up soon.  This is the most movement we've seen in a while. 

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

3 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

I got a feeling we're up soon.  This is the most movement we've seen in a while. 

I hope so! Prayers for us! I just realized you and your partner will also turn IR1 on June. Same here, except we will turn IR1 June 18.

We've been DQed since May 26 though. Anyhow, Let's keep each other updated!

At the rate things are going, getting approved in USCIS faster just seems to be futile 😭

Edited by PsychoGF

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

12 minutes ago, Cuds&Fmly said:

We also just received notice of expedite. My wife has a DQ date of 7/12/23. I just returned home from the Philippines, after waiting 8 long months. But I'm still happy to see the expedite. I know it will take a few more months but at least it's moving forward.

Moving forward for some. 

Peeps who will IR1 in 2 weeks or 2 months will still be waiting another 2,4,6 months to get an interview letter. 

But at least this will move the queue forward. There is that. 

And on the unselfish side, it’s good for those who have been waiting years to be together at home. 

I have also received an auto expedite notice today, my case was DQ'd on June 26 2023. My case is now an IR1 since we got legally married at the very end of 2021 and I filed my petition in April 2022.

I was one of those early 2021 K1 filers who aborted my fiance visa case and switched to the spousal visa once I learned about the insane 2-3 year backlog for K1 interviews at USEM Manila. At the time there was no backlog for spousal visa interviews, so it made total sense to drop the fiance visa case even though I was already 8 months into that whole process. 

Little did I know that I would be encountering ANOTHER interview backlog from USEM...one which I never would have had to deal with if my case had been DQ'd just one month earlier. Just maddening. But I am relieved that this one didn't turn into another 3 year ordeal like it did for the K1 visas.

That's fantastic news.  US Embassy Manila continues it's streak of being wildly unpredictable but at least it's a seemingly positive development.  Maybe public shaming on the embassies Facebook page actually worked.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

1 minute ago, Vegamanx7 said:

I too got the expedite approved email at 2am this morning. Me and the wife are happy to finally nearing the end!

We, like you also live in the Sacramento area, expedited today.

So now the next question for the next step.  How long till us expedited cases receive IL's?  

Also I have been looking through the NVC uploaded docs and noticed that the NPC is expired, and will have to have her do that again.  But does the Advisory of Marriage have an expiration, someone told me it's only good for 6 months.

We have also received an e-mail from NVC stating our expedite request (even though we didn't do a request?) has been approved by USEM. I checked the CEAC state site and it has changed to "In Transit". My step daughter IR2 who was expedited back in June 23 due to aging out. Has already had her interview and was issued a 221g telling her to send her passport in once her mother is approved, and she would receive a visa stamp, is also very excited. She has been waiting to redo her medical as it expired while waiting on my wife to receive an IL. all in all we are glad to see everyone moving forward in this process. it's been a long wait.

7 minutes ago, Cuds&Fmly said:

We have also received an e-mail from NVC stating our expedite request (even though we didn't do a request?) has been approved by USEM. 

This is similar to the previous mass auto expedites done in Jan and June of 2023.  I know, I had to think about it for a moment to figure out when I requested an expedite then had that slap forehead moment.

Those who received auto-expedites.  In the previous mass expedites, the whole system gets hit all at once, Philippine parts get jammed up and break down, and those who move quickly hold the advantage.  If you got an expedite, book Saint Luke's now, create your http://ustraveldocs.com/ph account now, and as soon as your case status is "Ready" start trying to schedule.  Don't wait for an e-mail from the embassy with instructions. If it's "Ready" you can proceed as soon as it lets you. If you get "case number not found" try again later.

Any CR's yet? 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

6 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Those who received auto-expedites.  In the previous mass expedites, the whole system gets hit all at once, Philippine parts get jammed up and break down, and those who move quickly hold the advantage.  If you got an expedite, book Saint Luke's now, create your http://ustraveldocs.com/ph account now, and as soon as your case status is "Ready" start trying to schedule.  Don't wait for an e-mail from the embassy with instructions. If it's "Ready" you can proceed as soon as it lets you. If you get "case number not found" try again later.

Any CR's yet? 

We just booked our medical's, (Ir-1/Ir-2) earlier in preparation.

39 minutes ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

We just booked our medical's, (Ir-1/Ir-2) earlier in preparation.

Awesome!  As soon as https://ustraveldocs.com/ph lets you book, you can book an an interview too.  If it lets you book at all, you are good.  There is some doctrine that you must wait for "congratulatory letter" from the embassy.  It's not true.  If it lets you book interview then it's good.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.