ilan125

Proof of domicile

8 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hey,

My wife had her immigrant visa interview on Wednesday in Jerusalem, I am an American citizen, both of us live together in Israel and the address I put on the I-864 is an address in Israel were we live and work.

The consul told her that basically the visa was approved but we still need to provide additional documents for proof of domicile and only then she will receive her passport with the visa.

We have an American bank account, but he said we need more proof, I was thinking to ask my aunt who lives in the states to sign a lease agreement that we will rent a room in her house. will that be enough? what other proof can we provide? Sign a GYM membership maybe? Renters insurance?

Thanks for any advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

An actual plan would help:  Tentative date when you or the both of you will move to the US, having a job lined up around that date, housing arrangements, etc.

Things that you would normally do to transition your lives from Israel to the US.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130

15 hours ago, ilan125 said:

both of us live together in Israel and the address I put on the I-864 is an address in Israel were we live and work.

Do you work for a company in Israel?  If so, have you resigned from the company?  Are you looking for a job in the US?

On 1/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, ilan125 said:

Hey,

My wife had her immigrant visa interview on Wednesday in Jerusalem, I am an American citizen, both of us live together in Israel and the address I put on the I-864 is an address in Israel were we live and work.

The consul told her that basically the visa was approved but we still need to provide additional documents for proof of domicile and only then she will receive her passport with the visa.

We have an American bank account, but he said we need more proof, I was thinking to ask my aunt who lives in the states to sign a lease agreement that we will rent a room in her house. will that be enough? what other proof can we provide? Sign a GYM membership maybe? Renters insurance?

Thanks for any advice.

Hello

can you tell me when was your wife DQ please? 
how long time to get an interview at Jerusalem embassy?

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

We are at the exact same situation, actually had our interview a few days after you in jerusalem. We got 221g, They wanted proof if domicile and military record. 
i filed them both but am so afraid of that proof of domicile, this is one of the things that can get everything down the drain.

i am so frustrated that i am considering going to the state alone now rent an apartment find a job get a driver license so i can make a better proof of domicile.

Hope it goes well for you.

Edited by galgol88

• 11 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.