Lady Rain

Proof of income and assets

37 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

Thank you for answering the question. Most of them like to take your question another direction. Yes that’s what I was wanting to do use my assets plus employment. I do have my 2021 transcripts but I have my reasons as to why I don’t want to use them. That’s why I was asking if I could use other income or assets instead of using my taxes 

You know they’ll eventually be required, right?

15 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

Good all, if all income is met like 12 months of bank statements, letter from the bank, letter from job, paystubs, using a home as a asset along with 3 vehicles, all of these items was used except tax transcripts, or w2s . The question is will that be a problem if the taxes or tax transcripts wasn’t used? 

Using assets for an I134 was difficult for us.  CO wanted a joint sponsor.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Using assets for an I134 was difficult for us.  CO wanted a joint sponsor.  

I won’t be using it alone. I will be using other income as well

Timeline
17 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

and u need to get the letter from IRS and  state why no tax returns

Verification of Non-filing Letter - states that the IRS has no record of a processed Form 1040-series tax return as of the date of the request.

Didn’t say I didn’t have them

49 minutes ago, Lady Rain said:

I won’t be using it alone. I will be using other income as well

Well Im not even going to guess why you’re being short here.  Here is my answer.  Your I134 will likely languish on a desk until you provide a tax transcript or a full copy of your tax return and your case won’t go anywhere until you do.  Just the way it is.  They look at tax returns at every step and they really look at tax returns with the support affidavit because it demonstrates two things:  legal aspects of your household size (and) income - both of which are material to the outcome of your case.   So good luck with this one.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
1 minute ago, jan22 said:

If you are using income, the Consular officer will require you to submit your taxes to verify the source of income during the visa interview. 

I’ve done that already by pay stubs and bank statements and a letter from the bank and a letter from my job

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lady Rain said:

I’ve done that already by pay stubs and bank statements and a letter from the bank and a letter from my job

The officer will still request the tax returns --I am 100% sure of this. 

Edited by jan22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lady Rain said:

Maybe maybe not thanks 😊 

You asked if not including tax returns or transcripts will be a problem. Most likely, it will. If you're relying on "maybes", you may well find yourself dealing with an RFE, a delayed approval, and possibly a denial. It's always better to submit the evidence than to not submit it. 

Timeline
Just now, Joyoussinger said:

You asked if not including tax returns or transcripts will be a problem. Most likely, it will. If you're relying on "maybes", you may well find yourself dealing with an RFE, a delayed approval, and possibly a denial. It's always better to submit the evidence than to not submit it. 

Thank you I’ll submit them 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

But 2021 still is t the same information as 2022, but ok

Filed: Timeline
23 minutes ago, Lady Rain said:

Maybe maybe not thanks 😊 

I had edited my post to include how sure I was that the tax returns would be required. Based on +20 years as a Consular officer, tax returns will most likely be required -- if you show income -- by the consular officer at the K-1 visa interview.  If it is some how passed over (since it's a K-1 and does not require the immigrant visa form of the Affidavit of Support and/or mIstakes happen), the tax forms will be required by USCIS when you file the I-864 during the Adjustment of Status application.

If you are asking in regard to the I-134a  parole case you have also filed (as it appears from previous posts), tax returns might not be required by USCIS as part of the parole process.  I don't think anyone knows for sure, as the program is new.  However, again, once you are married and filing for Adjustment of Status, USCIS will definitely require the tax returns as part of the I-864.

Edited by jan22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Lady Rain said:

But 2021 still is t the same information as 2022, but ok

Right now, 2021 is the most recent tax return or transcript. Eventually, you will need your 2022 transcript when you adjust status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.