AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Needless, we are hyped for them to start processing June. 

image.png.30cab3caf4da5a07543de5c5070287cf.png

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Another good day at CSC; 314 cases moved to terminal status. If this keeps up, we'll start seeing wait times slip below a year for our fall 2022 filers. 

On a side note my case could definitely have been a Nov 2022 NOA1 If I didn't listen to my lawyer who insisted that the beneficiary has to be out of country at time of receipt of the packet by USCIS. 

Can somebody explain why they leave so many people behind? We're early April filers and have heard nothing. We were so hyped seeing USCIS moving quicker but it's so painful as we see they are working a month after us. Today on Facebook I saw a September 2021 filer get their approval. 

How is this fair or logical?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Can somebody explain why they leave so many people behind? We're early April filers and have heard nothing. We were so hyped seeing USCIS moving quicker but it's so painful as we see they are working a month after us. Today on Facebook I saw a September 2021 filer get their approval. 

I think that's to polish the average processing time. Of course, once the trailing behind cases are being processed it drops again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Cheesehead22 said:

It is very logical.  All cases are different.  Some background checks take longer than others, different adjudicator speed, etc.  As the late, great Visa Journey veteran @geowrian used to say, "USCIS is like a large grocery store.  Some lines are just faster than others".  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

It is very logical.  All cases are different.  Some background checks take longer than others, different adjudicator speed, etc.  As the late, great Visa Journey veteran @geowrian used to say, "USCIS is like a large grocery store.  Some lines are just faster than others".  

Well, then some filers seem to be stuck at a very slow checkout.

Timeline
Just now, FromMexico W/Love said:

Some filers can have things in their background you know nothing about too. 

That's true. Watching over a year now they seem to have a processing window that spans over several months. Of course they have to find ways to fight the backlog that piled during covid and moving forward not necessarily sequentially can help the average processing time for now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Eddie101 said:

Well, then some filers seem to be stuck at a very slow checkout.

I have heard the rumors of USCUS manipulating processing speed by using LIFO instead of FIFO, but I'm not sure anyone can really confirm that. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

I have heard the rumors of USCUS manipulating processing speed by using LIFO instead of FIFO, but I'm not sure anyone can really confirm that. 

It somehow looks like that. All we can do is speculate. The more we look at it the crazier we get. It's sometimes good to not look at it and just be patient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

They're still processing mostly in order so how does LIFO make sense? The number of approvals 'ahead' of the queue are minimal 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheesehead22 said:

Every immigration process I've been through has a 'window' you expect to get an answer. It's usually a few months between earliest you can expect it and latest. I'm pretty sure the k1 has always had some variance but obviously it's worse at the moment as they try to speed through and get times down.  They're still actively working on April and only started April a lil over a month ago. 

The average atm seems to be 13-15months so you're still very much in the normal time. I know it sucks and I think it especially hurts early 2022 filers as you weren't due such a long wait at filling so every additional bit of wait is extra felt. 

I would try not to focus on people who had late approvals, majority are after RFEs and for the odd one that had no RFE, we can't truly know their situation. You're almost at the finish line 🙏

NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20

---

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vulpis said:

Another good day at CSC; 314 cases moved to terminal status. If this keeps up, we'll start seeing wait times slip below a year for our fall 2022 filers. 

On a side note my case could definitely have been a Nov 2022 NOA1 If I didn't listen to my lawyer who insisted that the beneficiary has to be out of country at time of receipt of the packet by USCIS. 

That's crazy, there's even a part of the form that asks if they're currently in the country. Why are lawyers like this 😭

Hopefully with speed up, the delay won't be too felt

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AndiB said:

That's crazy, there's even a part of the form that asks if they're currently in the country. Why are lawyers like this 😭

Hopefully with speed up, the delay won't be too felt

Shouldn't be that too bad. I'm optimistic that the estimated wait times will continue to improve and that I hear back from them with either an approval or RFE (hopefully not) by late October (NOA of late January). Would be a great birthday gift :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.