annselcer

Re-Applying I-130 again for my mom who surrendered her greencard a few years back

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello,

Due to some personal and family reasons, my mom officially surrendered her greencard. She is now ready to immigrate and I am applying for all over again. When I have gone through I-130, I see in the form, it asks about A-number and SSN. Question is, she used to have a A-number do I enter that number? She also had SSN, do I enter that too ?

TIA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, and Yes.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, annselcer said:

Is there any reference document that I can review to be 100% sure?

You will see on the I-130 that it asks for her A-number - that is unique to your Mom. Since she was previously issued one you have to use it in the petition - they will not generate a new one for her.

Same with the SS number.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, annselcer said:

Do you know if I am required to submit the I407 form ?

You said she officially surrendered her GC. That usually means she signed an I407   Where / when /how did she relinquish

it ? 

13 minutes ago, annselcer said:

Do you know if I am required to submit the I407 form ?

You mentioned your mom officially surrendered her GC.  Did she not already submit an I-407 at that time?  If she already submitted it then, just attach a photocopy of that I-407, so USCIS doesn't get confused about your mom still being LPR.

Timeline

She did submitted i407 at the local embassy to relinquish GC and was approved a tourist visa after that. Is this a must to include 407? I just don't have it handy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, annselcer said:

She did submitted i407 at the local embassy to relinquish GC and was approved a tourist visa after that. Is this a must to include 407? I just don't have it handy!

They will have it on file. I never submitted a copy of my I407  when l applied for later visas .. don't even know if i got a copy   

Timeline

What is the beneficiary's Travel Document number? It is asking for passport number and Travel Document Number.. its a mandatory field online application. 

Timeline

Information about beneficiary in their native written language -- What do upload here?

The form is also asking for previous I-130 submission date. I approval dates, NVC date, but I missplaced NOA1, what should I do ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.