ND17

January 2023 NVC Submissions

94 posts in this topic

I couldn't see a thread for Jan 2023 filers so I thought I'd create one.

We submitted ours today, 9th January 2023 and keeping my fingers crossed it goes smoothly and we get DQ.

It seems like they are taking approximately 36 days to review documents currently. 

User

Submitted

DQ Estimate (1/9 @ 33 days)

Resubmit?

DQ Actual

@ND17

01/09/2023

02/11/2023

@Ochanosono

01/08/2023

02/10/2023

@raqell

01/10/2023

02/12/2023

Yes

I'm already expecting a document to be rejected.....My husband hand signatured the I-864Z but electronically wrote the date. From my research on this forum and reddit, its about 50/50 chance of getting a RFE as they want the date hand written too. However, on no official NVC instructions or documentations does it state that. We realised the day after he submitted the financials, its very frustrating knowing we are likely going to be delayed a month now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ND17 said:

User

Submitted

Resubmit?

DQ Actual

@ND17

01/09/2023

02/11/2023

@Ochanosono

01/08/2023

02/10/2023

@raqell

01/10/2023

02/12/2023

Yes

I'm already expecting a document to be rejected.....My husband hand signatured the I-864Z but electronically wrote the date. From my research on this forum and reddit, its about 50/50 chance of getting a RFE as they want the date hand written too. However, on no official NVC instructions or documentations does it state that. We realised the day after he submitted the financials, its very frustrating knowing we are likely going to be delayed a month now. 

Hopefully won’t get an RFE for the date, as a friend of mine (DQ a few days ago) did that too with the date and they accepted it. However, you might get the I-864EZ review if they deem it not suitable in your case (which they often do for some reason, even when it IS appropriate).

1 hour ago, ND17 said:

User

Submitted

Resubmit?

DQ Actual

@ND17

01/09/2023

02/11/2023

@Ochanosono

01/08/2023

02/10/2023

@raqell

01/10/2023

02/12/2023

Yes

oh man that sucks... thankfully i was following the Nov 2022 NVC submission thread and read that somebody got RFE for that. it seems like the processing timeframe is getting shorter and shorter each week, so hopefully if you do get RFE, it will take less than a month for the 2nd review

i submitted 7 Jan, can you add me to the list please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi! I originally submitted all docs in December but got a RFE which was completed on 01/07. I’m essentially waiting all over again so I’ll join you in waiting. Good luck to everyone!

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

hey guys, question... So my RFE was for my sponsor , basically , our joint sponsor is my sister, and she didn't work much in 2021, her and her husband filed jointly, and the joint income is way over the poverty line. Hers alone is not. BUT, her 2022 income is. So i went ahead and submitted her paystubs for 2022 along with an employee verification letter. would they consider her 2022 income if its sufficient? has anyone else gone through this? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all, i originally submit all my document last December 2022 for both of my parents. My mom got DQ but on my Father the NVC want me to resubmit a W2 last 01/06. So i guess i’m joining you guys waiting as well. Good luck to all 😊

Hey there,

Still dealing with the NVC drama. RFE'd on the 16th Dec and resubmitted docs on the 6th of January. 

We resubmitted the exact same documents as before (as advised by our lawyer), so fingers crossed we get a more competent official reviewing our case. 

On 1/11/2023 at 10:01 PM, ND17 said:

User

Submitted

Resubmit?

DQ Actual

@ND17

01/09/2023

02/11/2023

@Ochanosono

01/08/2023

02/10/2023

@raqell

01/10/2023

02/12/2023

Yes

It really just depends on who picks up your file! 

Like you said, nowhere does it say to hand write the date. In fact, it does explicitly say the form can be typed!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, navd-0 said:

It really just depends on who picks up your file! 

Like you said, nowhere does it say to hand write the date. In fact, it does explicitly say the form can be typed!

Hi, can you add me up. RFEd 01/06/23, resubmit 01/06/23. Thanks 

I've been waiting for the latest bulletin before updating, the good news is the review time seems to be down to 30 days.

Thanks for the responses, I think we stand a 50/50 chance of getting a RFE but I've got my fingers crossed for good news. I'd love to be in America by May as my good friend is getting married end of May. I'm so fortunate that the London Embassy is quick with interviews.

User

Submitted

DQ Estimate (1/9 @ 30 days)

Resubmit?

DQ Actual

@ND17

01/09/2023

02/08/2023

@Ochanosono

01/08/2023

02/07/2023

@raqell

01/10/2023

02/09/2023

Yes

@anaw

01/06/2023

02/05/2023

yes

@navd-0

01/06/2023

02/05/2023

yes

@FJT

01/07/2023

02/06/2023

Edited by ND17

I was worried about the same issue, not hand written the date. But my mom case was DQed just now, first submitted December 20, last submission  December 27. What I did was reprinted I864 and I864A then hand written date and signature, I uploaded them on January 12.

Edited by Ochanosono

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.