J&D1008

JANUARY 2023 I-129F K1 FILERS

174 posts in this topic

My car was sent to the Dominican Republic Embassy!! Woo hoo!

I sent them a message and they said I have to completed DS-160 first before interview, so working on that. It's a lot of questions!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

How soon after should I expect my welcome letter/further info from my consulate? They received everything Dec 14th and the NVC case tracker says ready. Haven't received anything through the post yet but appreciate it's holiday season!

Edited by j26

K1 visa process...complete 

I-129F: sent 21st Jan 2023

I-129F NOA1: 24th Jan 2023

I-129F NOA2: 3rd Nov 2023

NVC received: 27th Nov 2023

NVC left: 5th Dec 2023

Consulate received: 14th Dec 2023

Packet 3: 3rd Jan 2024

Interview date: 5th March 2024

🌟Approved!🌟

Visa issued: 7th March 2024!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
13 hours ago, Play said:

December 26 packet 4 received, 

interview scheduled for march 11. 

We are very happy!

Guys wait your moment will come.

best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jersey
Timeline
On 12/8/2023 at 2:15 PM, Gigi3 said:

My car was sent to the Dominican Republic Embassy!! Woo hoo!

I sent them a message and they said I have to completed DS-160 first before interview, so working on that. It's a lot of questions!

Hi, so just want to clarify - we received notice that NVC sent our docs to the Embassy last month; so does this mean we need to do the DS160 before our interview can be scheduled? Ours is London... not sure if each embassy works the same! 

5 hours ago, Level-With-Me said:

Hi, so just want to clarify - we received notice that NVC sent our docs to the Embassy last month; so does this mean we need to do the DS160 before our interview can be scheduled? Ours is London... not sure if each embassy works the same! 

Hi,

Once your status changes to READY at https://ceac.state.gov, you can complete the DS-160, create your profile with your Embassy and pay the Visa fee.

Check this website for your country as to how to create the profile - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/.

For me I needed to complete the DS-160 before creating the profile.

For Dominican Republic Embassy, once I submitted the DS-160, created the profile and paid the fee, I sent an inquiry letting them know I did all that.

They said I will get an email with once they review it so that I can go into the profile again and get access to the interview calendar.

I now have to wait for them to let me see the interview calendar to pick the date.

I paid on Dec 14th and still haven't heard anything. I have sent many inquiries but they just say they are busy. My plan is to send one every week 🙏🤞 (fingers crossed it works)

Edited by Gigi3
clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jersey
Timeline

Hello everyone,

If there is anyone who can guide me on this this next part of my journey - I'd be forever grateful!! My status has changed to "READY" for scheduling the interview but I want to do everything the right way.  According to the travel.state.gov website, I have to now pay my fees, and it says exactly this on the website:

The first thing you need to do after receiving your NVC Welcome Letter is pay your processing fees. There are two processing fees:

-Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee
-Affidavit of Support Fee.
You will need a bank routing number and a checking or savings account number from a U.S. based bank. 

To pay your fee, log into your case in CEAC and click the ‘PAY NOW’ button under Affidavit of Support Fee or IV Fee on your summary page.

Here's where my issue comes into play...…. when I attempt to log into my case at CEAC, it asks me for a case number AND an invoice ID? I received one letter from NVC telling me that my case was being sent to the embassy. All it gave me was my new case number, and my old USCIS receipt number.  I have no idea where to find the invoice ID? And without this invoice ID number, I can't figure out how to get in to my account and pay my fees. 

Any ideas?! Thank you!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/8/2024 at 8:47 AM, Level-With-Me said:

Hello everyone,

If there is anyone who can guide me on this this next part of my journey - I'd be forever grateful!! My status has changed to "READY" for scheduling the interview but I want to do everything the right way.  According to the travel.state.gov website, I have to now pay my fees, and it says exactly this on the website:

The first thing you need to do after receiving your NVC Welcome Letter is pay your processing fees. There are two processing fees:

You will need a bank routing number and a checking or savings account number from a U.S. based bank. 

To pay your fee, log into your case in CEAC and click the ‘PAY NOW’ button under Affidavit of Support Fee or IV Fee on your summary page.

Here's where my issue comes into play...…. when I attempt to log into my case at CEAC, it asks me for a case number AND an invoice ID? I received one letter from NVC telling me that my case was being sent to the embassy. All it gave me was my new case number, and my old USCIS receipt number.  I have no idea where to find the invoice ID? And without this invoice ID number, I can't figure out how to get in to my account and pay my fees. 

Any ideas?! Thank you!!! 

Hopefully you got answers before, but.

You're looking at the wrong place. You want to file for a DS-160 on ceac.state.gov. You're looking at instructions for the immigrant CR1/IR1/IR2/IR5 visa. Then you'll need to go to ustraveldocs for your appropriate country where you'll be interviewing, then make an account and follow the process to file the form and pay the visa fee.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:47 AM, Level-With-Me said:

Hello everyone,

Any ideas?! Thank you!!! 

Hi,

Once your status changes to READY at https://ceac.state.gov, you can complete the DS-160, create your profile with your Embassy and pay the Visa fee.

Check this website for your country as to how to create the profile - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/.

The UK page doesn't seem straightforward, but I was able to find the K1 information by selecting "Visas" link at the bottom of the UK page, then Immigration Visa, then Finance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

After many weeks bugging NVC we finally got notice today the case is headed off to London! He's starting all the stuff on his end, well with what he can. Hopefully we hear back soon from the Embassy. No idea if it left sooner than that but it was approaching that 60 days since it was initially approved. The email was just dated today. Each wait seems shorter and shorter which is encouraging. :)

On 1/17/2024 at 1:32 AM, Petra Rose said:

After many weeks bugging NVC we finally got notice today the case is headed off to London! He's starting all the stuff on his end, well with what he can. Hopefully we hear back soon from the Embassy. No idea if it left sooner than that but it was approaching that 60 days since it was initially approved. The email was just dated today. Each wait seems shorter and shorter which is encouraging. :)

Congrats on your progress! We have the same NOA1 date, after many weeks of bugging USCIS and my congressmen, we are still waiting for NOA2. Is there anyone else from January still waiting for NOA2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, nautilus6122 said:

Congrats on your progress! We have the same NOA1 date, after many weeks of bugging USCIS and my congressmen, we are still waiting for NOA2. Is there anyone else from January still waiting for NOA2?

Here!

Still haven't done anything yet, but will probably started asking some help from my representatives if I still didn't get my NOA2 in the next few weeks.

43 minutes ago, HHSS said:

Here!

Still haven't done anything yet, but will probably started asking some help from my representatives if I still didn't get my NOA2 in the next few weeks.

Off topic but your picture is too cute! The little car 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.