Thecorkman

Filipina cupid K1

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to all of this!. As far as the marriage broker, question is concerned................ Do I really need to enclose, the terms and conditions, from Filipina Cupid?   Also, do I enclose copies of my tax returns, with the 129F, or does this come later? Thecorkman

Timeline

At the request of my lawyer, we submitted a completed I-134 with my I-129f. Although it was agreed upon that it is not necessary, the lawyer had good history including the declaration for past I129f submissions. 

As far as the marriage broker thing, I also included the T&C of Filipino Cupid with declarations from my fiancee and myself attesting that our initial meeting, discussions and ensuing relationship was not organized or arranged by any third party, it was of our own doing. Additionally, I highlighted the two sections of the T&C related to marriage broker.

Now, all that said, I have never done this before and all the advice I was told is 'the burden of proof is on the petitioner for the I-129f and beneficiary for the DS-160 (K1 visa)' so, our I-129f package was comprehensive and detailed making very clear that we: Met in the last two years, Are legally able to marry, Fully intend on getting married within the 90 day window, Petitioner can provide for beneficiary, and our relationship is strong and on-going. (500+ pages later... 😄)

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

At the request of my lawyer, we submitted a completed I-134 with my I-129f. Although it was agreed upon that it is not necessary, the lawyer had good history including the declaration for past I129f submissions. 

As far as the marriage broker thing, I also included the T&C of Filipino Cupid with declarations from my fiancee and myself attesting that our initial meeting, discussions and ensuing relationship was not organized or arranged by any third party, it was of our own doing. Additionally, I highlighted the two sections of the T&C related to marriage broker.

Now, all that said, I have never done this before and all the advice I was told is 'the burden of proof is on the petitioner for the I-129f and beneficiary for the DS-160 (K1 visa)' so, our I-129f package was comprehensive and detailed making very clear that we: Met in the last two years, Are legally able to marry, Fully intend on getting married within the 90 day window, Petitioner can provide for beneficiary, and our relationship is strong and on-going. (500+ pages later... 😄)

Thanks k&K! As a matter of interest…… how much was the lawyer? I got quotes of $3500 to $6500!! How long did the process take?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, Thecorkman said:

how much was the lawyer?

Many threads in these forums talk about the positives and negatives of using a lawyer.  If your case is straightforward, you can probably handle things yourself; if there are red flags, or you lack time or wherewithal to complete the papers yourself, consider a visa-assistance firm.

One, a VJ partner, is Platinum Immigration Services:

https://www.visajourney.com/partners/platinum-immigration-services/

Platinum has a stellar record of responsiveness and performance.  I suggest that you contact them.

Of note, I have no conflict of interest in making this recommendation.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Case Progress subforum to the main K-1 Process forum.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
7 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

I am new to all of this!

Your #1 job, then, is to read the Guides (link atop any VJ page), and to become an "A" student of the entire immigration process.

Do I really need to enclose, the terms and conditions, from Filipina Cupid?

It's generally recommended to include the relevant portions of the T&C that clarify whether the outfit is or isn't a marriage broker.

do I enclose copies of my tax returns, with the 129F, or does this come later?

This answer is found in the Guides and in many relevant posts in the forums. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

Hello,

I am new to all of this!. As far as the marriage broker, question is concerned................ Do I really need to enclose, the terms and conditions, from Filipina Cupid?   Also, do I enclose copies of my tax returns, with the 129F, or does this come later? Thecorkman

Not sure where you are in Las Vegas,NV. I did the K1 for my now wife back in 2018, and have helped about 4 people with their K1's. If you need some guidance, send me a message, and I can give you my phone number, and I may be able to help with any questions. Back when I did the K1 from date of filing until visa in hand was only 8 months. It's double that now, so you may want to consider a spousal visa. The Philippians is open for travel now, so a visit there, or to a close country to get married and start the process is feasible. Did the K1 with my wife, and just completed a I130 for my stepson, and I can tell you, having the I-551 stamp in the passport makes things a lot easier. But the K1 worked for us because we had a plan in place from the beginning. First learn all you can online and from the guides here, then decide what works best for both of you. I met my wife on Thai Cupid, same company, and had no issues with the T&C from the website in the process, it was never even brought up.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

14 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

Thanks k&K! As a matter of interest…… how much was the lawyer? I got quotes of $3500 to $6500!! How long did the process take?

An attorney for a straightforward K1 is unnecessary and has a higher likelihood of messing up your case than doing it yourself. 
With that said T&C should be attached just for record.  They are assuredly not a “marriage broker” under the legal definition.  At most they “facilitate an introduction” and the rest is up to the couple.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My K-1 was very straight forward and I skipped the attorney.  They wanted $4000 and I would still have had to do all the grunt work. However, depending on the situation of your fiancee, you may want to get her assistance in the Philippines. That's what I did as my fiancee was not too computer savvy and having someone there to help in her language made her feel more comfortable. They company I used only charged me half-price since they were only doing her end. As for Filipino Cupid, best to include relevant TOC although it looks like a dating site and not a marriage broker.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Thecorkman said:

Mine was actually free because of a legal service but I pay monthly for through work. But I’ve been quoted about the same amount and I agree with what everyone says here. I think a lawyer is good if you have questionable or risky situation but for the most part even with the lawyer it’s all on the petitioner in the beneficiary to produce and organizing documents all the data. Really feel like being a lawyer can do for you is look it over. That’s just my opinion

Timeline

FYI….

https://www.filipinocupid.com/en/general/termsofuse

3. The Service

The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or a relationship. It is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you.

4.13 Mail order bride marriages

This Website does not, and must not be taken to, in any way, aid, procure, promote or provide "mail order bride" marriage-matching services to its users. You acknowledge that the jurisdiction in which you reside may prohibit the advertisement of marriage-matching services or the solicitation of persons to partake in marriages.

If you reside in the Philippines, Belarus or any such jurisdiction that prohibits marriage-matching services to its residents, you hereby warrant, represent and covenant that you will not use the Service or the Website for any purpose in breach of any legislation prohibiting marriage-matching. You hereby acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you do not breach any prohibition on marriage-matching, and further hereby acknowledge and agree that the indemnity contained in clause 17 will apply to your breach of any legislation prohibiting marriage-matching.

6 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

FYI….

https://www.filipinocupid.com/en/general/termsofuse

3. The Service

The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or a relationship. It is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you.

4.13 Mail order bride marriages

This Website does not, and must not be taken to, in any way, aid, procure, promote or provide "mail order bride" marriage-matching services to its users. You acknowledge that the jurisdiction in which you reside may prohibit the advertisement of marriage-matching services or the solicitation of persons to partake in marriages.

If you reside in the Philippines, Belarus or any such jurisdiction that prohibits marriage-matching services to its residents, you hereby warrant, represent and covenant that you will not use the Service or the Website for any purpose in breach of any legislation prohibiting marriage-matching. You hereby acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you do not breach any prohibition on marriage-matching, and further hereby acknowledge and agree that the indemnity contained in clause 17 will apply to your breach of any legislation prohibiting marriage-matching.

Yep.  Not even close.  Good luck to both of you!

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline

What has been your experience with Filipina Cupid?

They don't seem to be current with the up-dates they provide.

Saying 6 to 8 months for 1-129f.

USCIS says 15.5 months.

(May4 NOA1)

D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.