TogoAfrica

Citizenship Interview was rescheduled because of computer problems (Merged)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Definitely frustrating, but what is not frustrating in immigration 🤣!! 

so here’s our current frustration/story 

4/7/2021 we applied for lifting conditions on my husbands green card. 4/7/2022 we applied for Citizenship. 10/11/2022 we received a letter for my husband to come in for his citizenship interview. Seemed they would just do the interview for citizenship and that would trump the long wait for lifting conditions on the green card. But sadly November 15, 2022 we showed up for the interview for citizenship in Portland Maine and waited to be called in. Sadly after some time someone came out and told us they are having computer problems and can’t do the interview yet but asked my husband to wait some more. We did, but then again they came out with the horrible news that they would need to reschedule the appointment for citizenship because they just can’t get the computers to work to open his file. Sigh 😔!! So instead of giving us a new day to come back they just said we will try to get you in as soon as we can and to go home and we will send you another letter in the mail with the new date. Sooooo here it is December 11, 2022 and no news. I’m so impatient for the mail to come with the new interview date!! I feel like it’s the same as someone holding a piece of cake under your nose and saying do you smell this, you can even take a small taste. It’s good, right? Nope you can’t have it! Then it’s snatched away. Arrrrr 😡😡😡

New tasted almost being done with this immigration journey and then it was snatched away!! I know it’s not yet a month more of waiting but I’m so impatient and had the false hope they would send out the letter fast. Nope! We were trying to plan a trip to my husbands country to see his family (health has not been the greatest and we have not seen them in 2 years) but now looks like that idea on hold again because who knows when they will ask us to come back for citizenship interview???? And….as far as  I-751 Lifting conditions on green card….have not heard anything about that since 9/20/22 when it was moved to the National Benefits Center in MO. 

anyone else ever have this happen? I know there is nothing we can do but wait?!?!?!? But would love to just hear what others have to say. Thanks!! 

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

USCIS rescheduled our interview (not the day of, that sucks), and we didn't receive the letter for the new interview until about 5-6 weeks later. From what I've seen, 1-2 months is common when waiting for a new interview date, but it depends on how busy your field office is.

I share your frustration with all the delays. Similarly we filed our I751 first and then N400 a year later, but had to wait much longer. Our I751 was filed in June 2019, N400 in June 2020, and we literally heard nothing until Sept 2022. We finally did our interview (I751 + N400) a few weeks ago, 3.5 years after filing the I751 and 2.5 years after the N400.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jorge V said:

USCIS rescheduled our interview (not the day of, that sucks), and we didn't receive the letter for the new interview until about 5-6 weeks later. From what I've seen, 1-2 months is common when waiting for a new interview date, but it depends on how busy your field office is.

I share your frustration with all the delays. Similarly we filed our I751 first and then N400 a year later, but had to wait much longer. Our I751 was filed in June 2019, N400 in June 2020, and we literally heard nothing until Sept 2022. We finally did our interview (I751 + N400) a few weeks ago, 3.5 years after filing the I751 and 2.5 years after the N400.

Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!!! Even though we realize it is what it is, it’s nice to hear what others have gone through/going through. We realize we are not alone, and ….well it is what it is. But also kind of nice to see and maybe compare what you may be currently going through. I was thinking a month at most for rescheduling, but arrrrr….guess it’s good to know how long others have had to wait. Thanks again!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 12/11/2022 at 6:51 PM, TogoAfrica said:

Seemed they would just do the interview for citizenship and that would trump the long wait for lifting conditions on the green card. But sadly November 15, 2022 we showed up for the interview for citizenship in Portland Maine and waited to be called in.

Be prepared to do a combo interview when your new interview date comes around. It is not unusual that they just send the n400 appointment letter and end up doing a combo i751/n400 interview. That is what happened in our case. So, both show up for the appointment with updated bonified marriage evidence, joint tax transcripts for every year of your marriage, the original copies of documents requested (spouses' birth or citizenship certificates) divorce decrees, marriage certificates, and so on. They will likely check both of your IDs noting they have the same address. 

Hopefully, they will reschedule you soon.

Good luck.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline
2 minutes ago, da95826 said:

Be prepared to do a combo interview when your new interview date comes around. It is not unusual that they just send the n400 appointment letter and end up doing a combo i751/n400 interview. That is what happened in our case. So, both show up for the appointment with updated bonified marriage evidence, joint tax transcripts for every year of your marriage, the original copies of documents requested (spouses' birth or citizenship certificates) divorce decrees, marriage certificates, and so on. They will likely check both of your IDs noting they have the same address. 

Hopefully, they will reschedule you soon.

Good luck.

THANSK! Nothing indicated it was a combo the first time we had the interview and we have not had the reschedule yet. Sigh….still waiting it’s only been a month waiting for the reschedule so maybe will hear soon. Who knows, it’s ok they’re time line. 

but all the things you mentioned to bring for the combo we sent in when applying for citizenship and also for i751. We do have copies of the i751 paperwork but the i400 was done on the computer so I don’t have those. Wonder if there is a way to print that paperwork we did on the computer. Will need to look into it.

I was also not asked to come on the first invite letter, but I did anyways. I’m not missing the opportunity for my husband to become a U.S. citizens. But maybe when the reschedule I will be asked since our i751 is past due. Hmmmmm….we will see 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I would not worry much about submitting old evidence you already submitted, maybe have it with you just in case but you are unlikely to need it. Bring and submit new updated evidence since you filed both i751 and n400 after all your i751 was submitted maybe 18 months ago, and the 3-year n400 case needs overlapping evidence that you live together with your spouse for three-year rule right up to the interview. 

Bring the original documents used in the n400 application and your latest tax transcripts. 

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello, looking for some help on what is going on with our case. My husband applied for his I-751 back in April 2021 and he applied for his citizenship back In April 2022. November 15 2022 he received a letter asking him to come for his interview for citizenship. (This was the only thing written on the invitation and no word about the I-751. We just assumed it was both) We arrived but sadly they were having computer problems that day and after waiting sometime and then trying to get it to start working they finally had to cancel and told us to go home and wait for a new invite. We waited and waited and finally on January 5 on the USCIS page we saw a status change for his I-400 saying a new interview was scheduled and wait for the invite in the mail. Today we received the letter and with excitement once again we opened it and to our suppose it’s an invite for the I-751 interview but no words about the citizenship. Now we are confused!! Is this for citizenship and I-751? It doesn’t say that, but online at the uscis page it says a letter was sent for I-400 interview, but what has arrived is not I-400 but I-751. What is interesting is the invite that came last November was only citizenship and did not tell me to come. This one is I-751 and says for us both to come but no words about the citizenship. Arrrrr what’s happening? Is this for both? What happened to the citizenship interview? Why does online say citizenship (I-400) invite but what came is I-751? Really confused!! Help!!??!! Thanks!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Go prepared for a combo interview. With luck, the IO will conduct both. We received an email which stated our interview a combination interview. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• Ontarkie changed the title to Citizenship Interview was rescheduled because of computer problems (Merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related thread merged. Please keep follow up and related questions to one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.