Mauricokito

SSA told me DOB doesnt match DHS records after visit to update

5 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi everybody, I went to the social security office to update my status after completing my naturalization process. I waited over a month after the ceremony where i was given the certificate.

To my surprise, the SSA employee told me my date of birth on SS records didnt match what she found once she checked DHS records. Birthday on SSA is right, a different one showed up on DHS. She told me i had to fix this before she could do anything, that there was nothing she could do and that DHS needed to get the date corrected. 

This left me speechless, didnt and still dont know what to do. My green cards were always OK and even the brand new certificate of naturalization shows the right date of birth which i think DHS issues.

I also got my American passport and everything went ok with the application, the book and card came with the right date of birth.

Any ideas about what i can do? i dont think there is a customer service line for DHS. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mauricokito said:

Hi everybody, I went to the social security office to update my status after completing my naturalization process. I waited over a month after the ceremony where i was given the certificate.

To my surprise, the SSA employee told me my date of birth on SS records didnt match what she found once she checked DHS records. Birthday on SSA is right, a different one showed up on DHS. She told me i had to fix this before she could do anything, that there was nothing she could do and that DHS needed to get the date corrected. 

This left me speechless, didnt and still dont know what to do. My green cards were always OK and even the brand new certificate of naturalization shows the right date of birth which i think DHS issues.

I also got my American passport and everything went ok with the application, the book and card came with the right date of birth.

Any ideas about what i can do? i dont think there is a customer service line for DHS. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Im tending to think it was an “ operator” error and maybe trying SSA  again might bring success 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mauricokito said:

Any ideas about what i can do? i dont think there is a customer service line for DHS.

Call USCIS. Say “info pass” and request a tier 2 officer call you regarding an issue with your naturalization.  

Timeline
On 12/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, Mike E said:

Call USCIS. Say “info pass” and request a tier 2 officer call you regarding an issue with your naturalization.  

Mike, thanks for the suggestion.

Surprisingly, i received my new SS card on the mail. Im tempted to go back to the SSA office to ask if the records still dont match with DHS. Im assuming the issue was fixed since i got the new SS card but cant help to think something's till up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.