highHopes

Form I-797C Notice of Action N-400 after passing Interview

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not have anything else to add at this point as you have been given a lot to think about from @Mike E and @Marieke H among others.  It sounds like you are getting all the information together and hopefully it will result in a positive outcome.  Discuss the possibilities with your lawyer once they respond, and let us know how things turn out.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 12/5/2022 at 9:43 PM, highHopes said:

I appreciate everyone's assistance, between 2010 and 2012 i did not file anything that excluded my marriage. I never renewed F1 since it was 4 years, I was always enrolled in school full time as well.  I filed income taxes I did everything correctly obviously aside the arrest incident which again I did disclose and I was asked about it during my re entry in 2010.  I got married in 2012 so couldn't adjust in 2010 even though we lived together son was just born.

So you re-entered in 2010,

but already had a son born in the US in 2009, married her in 2012, adjusted status.  Could it be possible they are applying immigrant intent to your last entry (2010).  Did you disclose you had a son in the US at that time?

I am very sure there is something not disclosed around that time period or something wrong with your timeline dates.  Going back - did you file anything between the time your son was born and your marriage that perhaps did not disclose you had a USC son?

There is some sort of a discrepancy in your file somewhere and it has been flagged.  Even here your timeline keeps shifting.  Man if you do not figure this out they will be on you like piranhas on a wounded fish.   I dont think it’s whatever that silly criminal charge was.  

Edited by iwannaplay54

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Morning everyone,

I know when I initially asked this question it gained alot of traction and attention and various others reached out personally to ask about my case. I promised I was going to update everyone after my second interview which happened earlier this week.

I went for second interview, it was a different officer than the initial one, officer asked for my greencard driver license and said I am sure you are aware why you are here I stated yes and no,  yes as in here for a second interview for my citizenship and no as in have no clue why a second one is needed.

He went straight to the point advised me I was there due to my arrest back in 2008. And I was there today to sign a sworn statement (seems they had about 15 to 20 questions already pretyped to ask me). Started off with name, address, when did the incident happened, who was involved was anyone involved, was time served, how many years probation etc on and on.

Asked if I had anything else to add to you.  Just to summarize some of the answers incident happened in 2008 I was in possession of some stolen items, shoes. I owned up to my foolishness and probation was for 1 year, judge dismissed probation after 2 months since I had scholarship to play sports and he said I was heading in right direction made a silly mistake and that shouldn't hinder my success. I explained to officer how far I have came and where I was now serving my community and all the good stuff. 

Why is this case coming back up I have no idea because it has been disclosed from when I applied i30, i765 and during citizenship. I also disclosed it upon re entry into the country so this hasn't been an issue of me not disclosing. The headscratching part about this is during my travel back in 2010-2011 upon reentry I advised officer of the arrest but they had no record of it in the system and that was thier first time hearing it.  They were able to speak to my attorney get copies and I assume have it added to my immigration file. 

I left the interview with same notice that a decision could not be made, officer explained all cases involving any sort of criminal history requires a supervisor review and signature. 

I also want to make mention that my first interview for N400 the female officer did not inquire about criminal history she just asked and that was it didn't ask details or nothing so I don't know if that was what prompted a second interview or they wanted a much detail information about the incident I have no clue and can't tell.

My status was at 7months before interview as of returning from interview it has switched to 4 months which i think falls in line with the 120 days they need to make a decision.

I hope I was able to share as much information as possible for those who wanted to see how it played out or what triggered the rear second interview. I know many of the discussion was focused on marriage, reentry etc but seems even 14 years from a misdemeanor crime could raise alot of red flags.

Forgive me if I have any typo I used my phone to type this up. 

• 4 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, aaradill said:

Hi. Thank you for sharing your story. Have they made a decision on your N400 application?

Unfortunately I do not have an decision as of today, I did receive an RFE in February for records regarding misdemeanor that was expunged. Unfortunately since case was back in 2008 and in a different state had to fly out there get records retrieve from archive but couldn't get everything they were seeking ( wanted minutes, police report, charge, etc) got certified copies of all what court had and I recently mailed it to USCIS May 3rd which they acknowledged they received information. Current time is now 3 months in my account. I definitely will update everyone on here if and when I do get a decision.

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.