18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello everyone I hope your all doing great. I have two questions and I hope someone on here can help me. Thank you in advance.

We got approved on our documents last month from the NVC

I have two questions:

My husband submitted his ds-260 in 2020 so my first  question is

1) does he have to do it again or will that on still be good?

My second question how long does it take to get the interview appointment in Senegal, Dakar? 

Thank you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Public Charge 101 said:

Hello everyone I hope your all doing great. I have two questions and I hope someone on here can help me. Thank you in advance.

We got approved on our documents last month from the NVC

I have two questions:

My husband submitted his ds-260 in 2020 so my first  question is

1) does he have to do it again or will that on still be good?

Yes he will need to update it. DS-260 expires after a year. 

44 minutes ago, Nanna_lux said:

DS-260 expires after a year.

Not true.  Once submitted, DS-260 will never expire.  But, the information entered on the DS-260 may be outdated by the time the applicant gets scheduled for visa interview.  The applicant may request the DS-260 to be re-opened for updates, or may simply notify the consulate on the day of the interview about the up-to-date information.

Timeline
Just now, Chancy said:

Not true.  Once submitted, DS-260 will never expire.  But, the information entered on the DS-260 may be outdated by the time the applicant gets scheduled for visa interview.  The applicant may request the DS-260 to be re-opened for updates, or may simply notify the consulate on the day of the interview about the up-to-date information.

You are wrong. There is actually an expiration date for the DS-260. I uploaded a picture of mine AFTER I asked them to re-open it. It expires after 1 year

20221121_132740.jpg

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Public Charge 101 said:

Thank you for your fast response Nanna_lux I appreciate it. Do you know how long it takes to get an appointment?

I think every country may be different. You might have to look at the timelines for your country to get an estimated time frame

15 minutes ago, Nanna_lux said:

You are wrong. There is actually an expiration date for the DS-260. I uploaded a picture of mine AFTER I asked them to re-open it. It expires after 1 year

That date is the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) expiration date, internal to the US federal government.  NOT relevant to visa applicants.  No need to panic readers.  DS-260 will not expire after submission.  But again, the information on the submitted DS-260 may become outdated.  It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the DS-260 info is up-to-date on the day of their visa interview.  It doesn't matter whether the interview is scheduled 1 month or 1 year after DS-260 submission.

51 minutes ago, Public Charge 101 said:

he just needs to reopen the ds-260 and just update his information? What if nothing has changed

No need to re-open the DS-260 if no info has changed.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

That date is the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) expiration date, internal to the US federal government.  NOT relevant to visa applicants.  No need to panic readers.  DS-260 will not expire after submission.  But again, the information on the submitted DS-260 may become outdated.  It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the DS-260 info is up-to-date on the day of their visa interview.  It doesn't matter whether the interview is scheduled 1 month or 1 year after DS-260 submission.

Correct, but I'll explain further.  Expiration dates on forms are not about the form itself expiring.  The expiration date you see on CEAC is to help identify that you are using the correct form.  USCIS will identify the correct form by its issue date, but for some reason, Dept. of State doesn't always do it that way.  What's expiring is a comment period.  Forms don't expire but you must use one with an issue date that is still being accepted. In most cases, that's just one possible version of the form but sometimes they'll continue to accept a form for a few months, even though it will have been replaced.

Forms that are current when submitted, do not "expire".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.