Nickm1002

Steps after NOA2

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

We got our NOA2 in late September, We haven't heard anything since.

I just found out today you can call the NVC to try and get the case # so we will be doing that shortly.

What steps should we be doing in the meantime to prepare for next process?

Should I as the beneficiary be getting my police report etc Done now? or is it too soon?

Should she as the Petitioner be getting her father to fill out the sponsor affidavit of support form now with all his documents etc, Or is it too early?

Thanks so much!! I'm very overwhelmed with all this process

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey! You should update your timeline. If I remember correctly you received and RFE curious to know the turn around time on that. Thanks!

You should read the guide:

I personally got my police certificates before I got my NOA2 but that was before the processing was as long as now and also because there was no backlog at my consulate. For what it’s worth, they’re valid for 2 years in the eyes of US immigration.

Just now, Nickm1002 said:

So do we have to do this or will we eventually get our case number if we wait? I'm just confused on this step.

Thanks

You will get an email from NVC only when your case leaves NVC and is en route to the consulate. If you want to know your case number before that then you will have to reach out

Just now, powerpuff said:

You will get an email from NVC only when your case leaves NVC and is en route to the consulate. If you want to know your case number before that then you will have to reach out

Thanks so much for the quick reply,  Would you suggest we reach out and get the case # now? or just wait, If it won't be too long I don't mind waiting as it gives us time to complete all the other steps we need.

11 minutes ago, Parallel Oddling said:

Unfortunately, you cannot call the NVC as they are no longer taking phone calls and only reply (after 1-2 months delay) to the Inquiry form located here. Fill out the the inquiry form, you will simply write that you want to update the petitioner as well as the beneficiary phone numbers/email addresses so they can reach out with the NVC case number (which is what you should be patiently waiting for at this point).

Also go here for time frames of when NVC may work/forward your case.

Police report whilst a good idea to get but maybe a little too early, someone more specifically can comment based on your country. 

I-134 (affidavit of support) would be a good idea to start working on as this will be one less thing to worry about, remember the co-sponsor AND petitioner will need to fill out separate I-134 with their own Tax receipts, income verification, bank statements, employee letter etc. 

Thanks alot for the tips, I will get them both to start working on the I-134 so it's completed.. However do you think since its so close to the new tax season we should wait so we can include the most up to date recent tax information/receipts etc?

So even though the petitioner won't fully make enough to sponser me, She fills out one and so does the sponser (who has more than enough to cover) ? Good to know.

would you recommend waiting for NVC to just give us the number or should I reach out?

Just now, Nickm1002 said:

Thanks so much for the quick reply,  Would you suggest we reach out and get the case # now? or just wait, If it won't be too long I don't mind waiting as it gives us time to complete all the other steps we need.

It’s a personal decision to be honest 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Email: NVCResearch@state.gov (few days to get a response)

Submit public inquiry: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html (takes a few months to get a response)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.