fjlmt

Petition and Adjustment from B2

50 posts in this topic

And another case. Somebody filed I-130 online for mom in the US...

I heard several of these stories on YouTube immigration show by Jim Hacking. People call him to ask for info on US immigration.

I filed my entire AOS on paper and will file N-400 on paper too, unless USCIS significantly improve their online system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They obviously want you to file on line, so why do they not have a good system for doing so? Why be able to file some and then have to print of a receipt and send the rest by mail?

I know Hacking files all  by mail as he does not trust their system, now quite how he will gain trust is an interesting question if he is not going to use it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They obviously want you to file on line, so why do they not have a good system for doing so? Why be able to file some and then have to print of a receipt and send the rest by mail?

I know Hacking files all  by mail as he does not trust their system, now quite how he will gain trust is an interesting question if he is not going to use it.

He did mention "giving it a try" for some new cases in one of the episodes. I personally don't want to be a beta tester of online system written by cheapest contractors USCIS hired. Remember, it's a government agency and they cannot afford FAANG level software engineers with 300K+ salaries. 

I'm sure it will get better over time, it's just not there for me yet.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

To be fair they are trying to computerise a system designed many moons age with paper being the method.

Logically you would start from scratch, I do remember many moons ago being involved in such a transition, made no sense to me, where would you start from, well not here.

Now I was co opted as a user, I know that failed and assume they have sorted it by now but can not imagine they did not do a redesign first.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

personally don't want to be a beta tester of online system written by cheapest contractors USCIS hired. Remember, it's a government agency and they cannot afford FAANG level software engineers with 300K+ salaries. 

You have noble expectations…I am but a plebeian boomer . 

15 minutes ago, OldUser said:

We pay those $$$$s after all 😃

$ hard at work. 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/budget-planning-and-performance

• USCIS conducted 4,345 targeted worksite visits in FY 2020 under the Targeted Site Visit and Verification Program (TSVVP), which is designed to detect both fraud and compliance issues and is data-driven in its approach to petition selection. Of these visits, 191 resulted in a finding of fraud and an additional 974 were found to be noncompliant.4
  • USCIS processed more than 58 million biographic and biometric screenings on applicant information through law enforcement and other federal databases using ATLAS. These detections generated approximately 131,000 automated detections requiring further analysis and review by USCIS officers, resulting in over 15,500 fraud, public safety, and national security cases

Timeline

Smoke and mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, fjlmt said:

Do i send i-693 with the other documents? 

Including the medical report is recommended should in case they want to approve the application without an interview. You however may decide to send your AOS package without the medical report and wait to be issued with a RFE or take it along with you to your interview when you get to that stage. Personally, I would go with the option of including the medical report. 

2 hours ago, fjlmt said:

So we need to go to see a doctor for the i-693? any idea how much this costs?

You’re going to have to call and ask for prices, everyone charges different rates. You will need a USCIS designated civil surgeon, they have a page on USCIS where you can look them up in your zip code 

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I'm just listing everything I'm sending and would like your comments if I missed anything if this all looks good we will mail it this week.

We are filing the following documents

1. i-130

• Accompanying documents:
  • Cover letter
  • Photocopy of spouse Birth certificate (Beneficiary)
  • Photocopy of Passport of petitioner (US Citizen)
  • Photocopy of Marriage certificate
  • 2 pictures of Beneficiary and Petitioner
  • Photocopy of statement of our bank accounts showing it is a joint account
  • Photocopy of children's birth certificate
  • Photocopy of our current rental agreement with both our names 

2. i-130a

• Accompanying documents:
  • Cover letter
  • Photocopy of spouse Birth certificate (Beneficiary)
  • Photocopy of passport of petitioner (US Citizen)
  • Photocopy of Marriage certificate
  • 2 pictures of Beneficiary and Petitioner
  • Photocopy of statement of our bank accounts showing it is a joint account
  • Photocopy of children's birth certificate
  • Photocopy of our current rental agreement with both our names

3. i-864

• Cover letter
  • Photocopy of job offer letter from petitioner employer indicating start date and salary
  • Photocopy of petitioner pay stubs for the past 6 months

4. i-485

• Cover letter
  • Photocopy of Passport of beneficiary
  • Photocopy of birth certificate of beneficiary
  • 2 passport pictures of beneficiary
  • Photocopy of marriage certificate
  • Copy of i-94

5. i-693

• Cover letter
  • Form filled out by physician

Payment:

i-130 - Check $535.00

i-485 - Check $1,140.00

We are based in Orange County, CA and will be sending it in by mail to the Chicago Lockbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.