J&D1008

NOVEMBER 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

214 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2023 at 7:55 AM, TD6886 said:

You think this is waiting game. Just wait.... after you are paid for the Visa Fee .... the wait even longer to get the interview appointment

Hi,

Did you schedule your interview or is the embassy going to schedule it for you?

30 minutes ago, Gigi3 said:

Hi,

I don't recommend you wait the 30 days to hear from NVC! They will push your case to the back burner. Send them an inquiry after 7-10 days from your NOA2 date asking if they have received your case and for the case ID and invoice number. They will say they haven't received your case but at least it will bring it to their attention. Then send them another inquiry after 15-20 days after you NOA2 date asking them for case number and invoice number, by that time they will give it to you.  I also recommend sending them a third inquiry after you have your case letting them know your email and your fiance's email. I saw this in one of the guides here and I did. After about the 30 day mark I asked NVC when they will send it to the embassy and told me when they would send it. My fiance also received an email when it was sent. It may have been overkill on my part 😅 but, I was on top of them based on the advice of them folks here an seems to have worked. Now I am just waiting on the embassy to schedule an interview.

Are you referring to sending a public inquiry? I went ahead and completed this. The letter I received indicated to send an email to NVC if I had not heard anything after 30 days. I will send an email on the 14th. I received the NOA2 on the 14th of November, but considering we just went through the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm sure things will not be running as normal. Thank you for the information.

29 minutes ago, 1journey said:

Are you referring to sending a public inquiry? I went ahead and completed this. The letter I received indicated to send an email to NVC if I had not heard anything after 30 days. I will send an email on the 14th. I received the NOA2 on the 14th of November, but considering we just went through the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm sure things will not be running as normal. Thank you for the information.

How many days since you Got NOA2? you should make an public inquiry right away for your case number and another one two weeks after your NOA 2 and they will give you your Case number

On 12/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, Play said:

How many days since you Got NOA2? you should make an public inquiry right away for your case number and another one two weeks after your NOA 2 and they will give you your Case number

I received the NOA2 on November 14th. I sent a public inquiry on December 10th. I received a response yesterday and received my NVC case number. However, part of their message mentioned, "...Due to your petition type, you will not receive a request for fee payment or document submission." I thought I would need to submit the DS160 before my file would be sent to the US Embassy. I must be mistaken. Perhaps when I receive the letter from NVC indicating my file has been sent to the US Embassy, there will be instructions to complete the DS160.

2 hours ago, 1journey said:

I received the NOA2 on November 14th. I sent a public inquiry on December 10th. I received a response yesterday and received my NVC case number. However, part of their message mentioned, "...Due to your petition type, you will not receive a request for fee payment or document submission." I thought I would need to submit the DS160 before my file would be sent to the US Embassy. I must be mistaken. Perhaps when I receive the letter from NVC indicating my file has been sent to the US Embassy, there will be instructions to complete the DS160.

I think we all receive the same boiler plate email. I read somewhere that's the same message sent to all "nonimmigrant" visas, which K1 technically is.

I sent an inquiry to NVC after 2 weeks after that email and asked them when my case would be going to the Embassy, and they let me know the date. Once it got to the Dominican Republic Embassy, I reached out to the Embassy and asked what do I have to do next. They told me to complete a profile with them. The profile asked for the DS-160 confirmation so I had to complete that. Now my profile with them is complete, now just waiting for them. That's for the Dominican Republic embassy.

I would wait to submit the DS-160 until you reach out to your Embassy.

Edited by Gigi3
clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Went for the interview and got a blue slip. "R2-E"         (Form OF-194)

Requested upload: Statement of my EX-spouse and Detailed in chronology (timeline) of the relationship

** clearly when and how you first met as well as how your relationship has developed **

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline
On 12/9/2023 at 9:39 AM, happyscrub said:

how many of us here still waiting on Noa1?

I'm stupid. I meant to say Noa2. Can't edit post.  But there's still over 500 of us that USCIS is ignoring

On 12/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, TD6886 said:

Went for the interview and got a blue slip. "R2-E"         (Form OF-194)

Requested upload: Statement of my EX-spouse and Detailed in chronology (timeline) of the relationship

** clearly when and how you first met as well as how your relationship has developed **

How was the interview? Did they ask a lot of questions?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Gigi3 said:

How was the interview? Did they ask a lot of questions?

just a standard question. didn't look at any evidence. Just gave a blue slip and asked to submit the relationship online.

download fill out and submitted it today. will see what happen next.

23 minutes ago, TD6886 said:

just a standard question. didn't look at any evidence. Just gave a blue slip and asked to submit the relationship online.

download fill out and submitted it today. will see what happen next.

Ok. If you don't mind me asking, what is that form for? Never heard of it before.

On 12/19/2023 at 5:04 PM, happyscrub said:

I'm stupid. I meant to say Noa2. Can't edit post.  But there's still over 500 of us that USCIS is ignoring

Im Jan 12 NOA1 and agree that WAC skips weeks. Everyone that is jan 20 or later is receiving NOA2. After looking at info from apps and online it is clear that WAC skips weeks,  all visa types , not only K1 are skipped between Jan 4 and Jan 19. I think tour week got skipped as well. Its hard to fathom how this happens. Perhaps our case were given to the slowest employee or they have other complicated cases to complete?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Gigi3 said:

Ok. If you don't mind me asking, what is that form for? Never heard of it before.

I think it's more for Vietnam consulate ( or maybe other countries I'm sure.)

1. Family Tree for both of us.

2. timeline: Provide a detailed chronology of the relationship, clearly when and how you first met as well as how your relationship has developed.( they do Have the right to asked for this, because I didn't have this when I filed in the beginning with USCIS. 

3. history of my EX.

31 minutes ago, TD6886 said:

I think it's more for Vietnam consulate ( or maybe other countries I'm sure.)

1. Family Tree for both of us.

2. timeline: Provide a detailed chronology of the relationship, clearly when and how you first met as well as how your relationship has developed.( they do Have the right to asked for this, because I didn't have this when I filed in the beginning with USCIS. 

3. history of my EX.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.