Simplytex

IR1/CR1 Interview timeframes in Warsaw

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you to those of you who posted your DQ, IL, and interview dates.  That information gave me a a very good idea when my wife would receive her interview letter.  After seeing your postings, I told my wife weeks ago that I think she would receive her interview letter on Friday April 21 or Monday April 24.  She received her interview letter today (April 21).  Below are all the dates that were posted by people on the last few pages of this topic.  Thanks again for sharing your information.

VJ.thumb.png.a326a1fd0b650de2cf4ef7bb5a9f2f3b.png

Timeline
On 4/15/2023 at 7:32 AM, IvanRi said:

Hello 
Waited inside about an 1 hour. 
Interview was pretty easy.
Officer ask how long did we know each other? Did i know who is the sponsor? And address in USA. After she said the result is positive. And visa will be in 2-3 busines days. 
Pick up the passport at mail box (Wierniczna)
Visa was ready next day about 16:00

Congratulations on getting your visa.  Thank you for your previous posts on Visa Journey.  We just received our interview letter and I have a question.  When I went to the U.S. Embassy Warsaw, Poland - WRW on Travel.State.Gov it said to register your visa appointment online to provide the embassy with the information they need to return your passport.  When I clicked on the register link it sent me to USTravelDocsPOLAND but I could not find anywhere to register my wife’s visa appointment.  Did you guys register your visa appointment online before your interview or did you just show up to the interview?  When did you choose to pick up your passport at Mail Boxes Etc. at ul. Wiertnicza (before the interview date or during the interview)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, AVMNUSA said:

Congratulations on getting your visa.  Thank you for your previous posts on Visa Journey.  We just received our interview letter and I have a question.  When I went to the U.S. Embassy Warsaw, Poland - WRW on Travel.State.Gov it said to register your visa appointment online to provide the embassy with the information they need to return your passport.  When I clicked on the register link it sent me to USTravelDocsPOLAND but I could not find anywhere to register my wife’s visa appointment.  Did you guys register your visa appointment online before your interview or did you just show up to the interview?  When did you choose to pick up your passport at Mail Boxes Etc. at ul. Wiertnicza (before the interview date or during the interview)?

Hey, you go there through register an appointment, choose "Appointment made by NVC", then visa type and etc. , I chose to pick up my passport at Weirtnicza and in the end it gives you a page with the bar code that u need to print. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, MCGH said:

Hey, you go there through register an appointment, choose "Appointment made by NVC", then visa type and etc. , I chose to pick up my passport at Weirtnicza and in the end it gives you a page with the bar code that u need to print. 

Thank You!!!  I had to click the link https://ustraveldocs.com/ instead of Register >> and when I clicked the link https://ustraveldocs.com/ it took me to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Poland and that is where I need to be.  Thanks again MCGH.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KESA said:

Hi All! For everyone that's had their interview: how far in advance did you guys schedule your medical / how quickly were your results ready? (@aerodnight @MCGH @IvanRi)

I have scheduled for a week before the interview, so I'm not done with medical yet. Will let you know. It's scheduled for 18th of May, doctors office advised me to schedule it a week prior.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

We scheduled 3 weeks in advance because my parent is applying to a Schengen visa as well and she will not have her passport for a week or so, so the medical team said it was ok to schedule like this. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, KESA said:

Hi All! For everyone that's had their interview: how far in advance did you guys schedule your medical / how quickly were your results ready? (@aerodnight @MCGH @IvanRi)

My wife’s interview is June 5.  I emailed the medical office for an appointment Friday.  They emailed me back and said the following:

At the moment we can make an appointment for you at the end of May as our schedule for June is not open yet. Would May 31st at 10 AM work for you?  The doctor's appointment consists of a physical and immunization review. If any required vaccinations are missing, they will be administered during the doctor's appointment. After the appointment the doctor refers the applicant to the facility at 9 Ludwika Warynskiego street in Warsaw (no appointment necessary) for a chest X-ray and a syphilis blood test (if age appropriate). The medical documents are submitted to the Embassy via an electronic database within 1-2 days, if none of the lengthy tests are applicable (please see price chart).

From their response it seems like they would have made the appointment even closer to my  wife’s interview date if they were already making appointments in June.  My wife wanted to go earlier so we made an appointment the 2nd week in May.

Timeline
3 hours ago, AVMNUSA said:

My wife’s interview is June 5.  I emailed the medical office for an appointment Friday.  They emailed me back and said the following:

At the moment we can make an appointment for you at the end of May as our schedule for June is not open yet. Would May 31st at 10 AM work for you?  The doctor's appointment consists of a physical and immunization review. If any required vaccinations are missing, they will be administered during the doctor's appointment. After the appointment the doctor refers the applicant to the facility at 9 Ludwika Warynskiego street in Warsaw (no appointment necessary) for a chest X-ray and a syphilis blood test (if age appropriate). The medical documents are submitted to the Embassy via an electronic database within 1-2 days, if none of the lengthy tests are applicable (please see price chart).

From their response it seems like they would have made the appointment even closer to my  wife’s interview date if they were already making appointments in June.  My wife wanted to go earlier so we made an appointment the 2nd week in May.

This is interesting, so you will have no yellow unopened envelope to take, because the medical documents will be sent by email to the embassy. Does anyone know if the same will happen for those undergoing medical examination in Belarus? I am a bit concerned that the physical envelope that you are not allowed to open can be opened without control of an applicant (e.g., while going through customs in Poland). Any insights on Belarus will be appreciated. 

Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes now for passports with visas to be available after the interview in Warsaw? I heard it could be the next day but sometimes it could 2 business days. I would like my parent to fly to the US right after the interview, so I am wondering what has been the recent history... Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, AnaBanana12345 said:

I am wondering what has been the recent history

Even recent history may be different from reality.  Unexpected glitches can arise, such as mechanically faulty visa-printers at the consulate.  Let's hope that positive things happen in your instance.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding Warsaw interview documents: 

Do I need to give to my parent for his interview a CERTIFIED copy of my birth certificate or will a REGULAR COPY suffice? I am getting conflicting information from various sources and wanted to get some information based on firsthand experience... 

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.