Simplytex

IR1/CR1 Interview timeframes in Warsaw

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Congrats to those who already have the Warsaw interview date. We just got the DQ on March  17, so waiting for Warsaw US Embassy interview date scheduled... Hope it is within the timeline mentioned above as my parent still needs to get a Schengen visa, and appointment is currently scheduled for mid-May...  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

1 hour ago, AnaBanana12345 said:

Congrats to those who already have the Warsaw interview date. We just got the DQ on March  17, so waiting for Warsaw US Embassy interview date scheduled... Hope it is within the timeline mentioned above as my parent still needs to get a Schengen visa, and appointment is currently scheduled for mid-May...  

seems like you'll be waiting about 2 months or so for interview date, which is then another 1.5 mo after that. I hope your parents can get those dates ahead of the Schengen interview/appt, as I believe the schengen visa is issued based on particular dates?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

seems like you'll be waiting about 2 months or so for interview date, which is then another 1.5 mo after that. I hope your parents can get those dates ahead of the Schengen interview/appt, as I believe the schengen visa is issued based on particular dates?

thank you. i think schengen visas are so unpredictable now. a friend of mine recently received a german schengen visa for 5 years and then another friend got the same german schengen for just 2 weeks... go figure... 

Timeline

That was one of the reasons my wife and I decided to try transferring to KZ, what if the embassy needed longer and her Schengen began to run out - seems like we got lucky with her case being accepted for transfer, a lot less stress for us in general.

Edited by Simplytex

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, Simplytex said:

That was one of the reasons my wife and I decided to try transferring to KZ, what if the embassy needed longer and her Schengen began to run out - seems like we got lucky with her case being accepted for transfer, a lot less stress for us in general.

My wife and I were DQ on 6-March and still awaiting word on interview schedule for Warsaw.  I wrote to both the US embassies in Israel and Turkey to see if they would consider accepting our case to avoid the logistical challenges of getting schengen and coordinating all the travel within a very short window and getting a Schengen visa which takes several weeks to get and only good for 30 days.  Can you please share the letter you wrote to the US Embassy in KZ to get your case transferred please?  I want to be sure I'm citing the correct justifications in hopes we can also transfer our case to a Country easier to get to.  

Also,  it was strange that after we were DQ and received notice of such...the CEAC site showed that my wife's documents mysteriously became "incomplete" from "accepted"  I resubmitted the items in question (passport bio page, passport photo, turkey police certificate).  Hope that doesn't impact anything since we are already DQ.  I appreciate your input and suggestions.  Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, RogerVA8928 said:

My wife and I were DQ on 6-March and still awaiting word on interview schedule for Warsaw.  I wrote to both the US embassies in Israel and Turkey to see if they would consider accepting our case to avoid the logistical challenges of getting schengen and coordinating all the travel within a very short window and getting a Schengen visa which takes several weeks to get and only good for 30 days.  Can you please share the letter you wrote to the US Embassy in KZ to get your case transferred please?  I want to be sure I'm citing the correct justifications in hopes we can also transfer our case to a Country easier to get to.  

Also,  it was strange that after we were DQ and received notice of such...the CEAC site showed that my wife's documents mysteriously became "incomplete" from "accepted"  I resubmitted the items in question (passport bio page, passport photo, turkey police certificate).  Hope that doesn't impact anything since we are already DQ.  I appreciate your input and suggestions.  Thank you!

I submitted all of my affidavit of support documents and they were all accepted and the CEAC site said completed.  A week or two later when I logged into the CEAC website to see if all of my wife’s documents were accepted it showed that none of my documents were submitted.  I waited a week to see if my documents reappeared as accepted but they didn’t.  I resubmitted my documents again.  The next day we received an email saying that we were documentary qualified.  After getting the DQ email I logged back into the CEAC website and my affidavit of support documents still said submitted rather than accepted.  I just logged in to CEAC before I wrote this message and my affidavit of support documents still say submitted rather than accepted.  My guess is that I never had to resubmit my affidavit of support documents.  We received our DQ email March 3 and are still waiting for an interview date.

Timeline

@AVMNUSAAre you trying to transfer your case our just sticking with Warsaw?  I'm going to see if I can get case transferred to Israel or Kazakhstan to simplify travel.

Timeline
Just now, RogerVA8928 said:

@AVMNUSAAre you trying to transfer your case our just sticking with Warsaw?  I'm going to see if I can get case transferred to Israel or Kazakhstan to simplify travel.

My wife lives in Ukraine and is a Polish citizen so we are staying with the Warsaw Embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just wanted to let you know that our visa journey is pretty much finished. My wife's visa got approved without any problems, a typical case for the Warsaw embassy - 3 hours of wait, 4 minutes interview. At the end of the interview when my wife was told that her visa got approved, she mentioned that we'll be waiting for the 2nd anniversary to skip the I-751 hassle and CO gave her the green 221(g) form with just passport marked as required and annotation that she should write that she is delivering only her passport approximately one week before the anniversary to get the IR1 visa in the passport instead of CR1. NVC case status check says 'Refused', but I guess that's normal since her passport was returned to her. Our 2nd anniversary is on the 26th of June, and we are aiming at flying to the US together by the end of June/beginning of July, unless I'll find job earlier, so I could be in the US a little earlier. My main concern before the interview was that the latest tax returns both out joint-sponsor and I had was for 2021. My domicile could also be questioned since I permanently live in Poland and only traveled to the US in October last year to get the most basic stuff like voter registration, bank account, credit card, ID renewal, but we were prepared with my signed resignation letter from my employment and email of communication with employers in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, aerodnight said:

our visa journey is pretty much finished

Great news, and good thinking to delay till IR-1 kicks in.  Come back to let us know about arrival.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hi all, if this will help, these are timelines of real people interviewing in Warsaw:

DQ - IL - Interview

Dec 2 - Jan 18 - Mar 8

Jan 18 - Feb 24 - Apr 12

Jan 21 - Feb 24 - Apr 3

Feb 15 - Mar 24 - May 16

Hope this helps. We were DQ on March 17 and still waiting for IL...  

Timeline

I actually just saw on CEAC as well that my parent's civil documents were "incomplete" after the email stating that we were DQ. So I resubmitted the document that they stated as "missing" just now, I hope it does not affect the wait time for the interview... 

Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 8:52 PM, RogerVA8928 said:

Hope you get the interview letter any day now (probably next week) based on the timelines I provided above! Keep us posted!

Timeline

Hi all, if this will help, these are timelines of real people interviewing in Warsaw:

DQ - IL - Interview

Dec 2 - Jan 18 - Mar 8

Jan 18 - Feb 24 - Apr 12

Jan 21 - Feb 24 - Apr 3

Feb 15 - Mar 24 - May 16

Thank you for the information.  We were DQ on March 3 and are also waiting for the IL.

Timeline

DQ - IL - Interview

Dec 2 - Jan 18 - Mar 8

Jan 18 - Feb 24 - Apr 12

Jan 21 - Feb 24 - Apr 3

Feb 15 - Mar 24 - May 16

Thank you for the information.  We were DQ on March 3 and are also waiting for the IL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.