JojoandTomas

OCTOBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

89 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chrissss said:

So, I just checked CEAC and the case is "Ready" so I'm like panicking a tiny bit, not sure what to do. My question is, how does the embassy actually reach out to the beneficiary with the instruction packet? Through email? Phone? She lives in Kenya so mail doesn't really work as simply you'd expect there. Would they call and ask how to deliver the packet?

Every embassy is different. Always check on the embassy's website first.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk 3 supplements/NRB - Nairobi.pdf

Hi All,

Has anyone else just received the NVC case number without the Invoice ID Number from NVC through an email with a message that states "You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy"? When you log into the CEAC Visa Status it just says its "AT NVC". They tell you to log in to the website ceac.state.gov/iv but you will need an Invoice ID number to do so. Was wondering if others are on the same boat and what this means and what the next step is to get that Invoice ID Number.

Thanks

9 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hi All,

Has anyone else just received the NVC case number without the Invoice ID Number from NVC through an email with a message that states "You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy"? When you log into the CEAC Visa Status it just says its "AT NVC". They tell you to log in to the website ceac.state.gov/iv but you will need an Invoice ID number to do so. Was wondering if others are on the same boat and what this means and what the next step is to get that Invoice ID Number.

Thanks

I had message the NVC again about the invoice number and they sent it to me. You don’t really need it because that website is going to say the same thing as when you log in to the CEAC Visa Status. I think that website (ceac.state.gov/iv) is more for CR1/IR1 so they can upload their documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
12 hours ago, LA1234 said:

For those that have completed their DS-160 Form, what did you put under the K1 Visa "Application Receipt / Petition Number"? Are they looking for the USCIS WAC# Number or the NVC Case Number?

If I remember correctly, there is an explanation to the right that says they need the 13 digit USCIS case number.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:37 PM, Jamie and Richard said:

Hey, any update on this? How did it end up working out for you?

There is an update. I am sorry I was caught up ;  The NVC sent the case almost immediately and the embassy arranged the interview on Jan 6th. Then it took two weeks for my fiance to get her passport from the embassy. Her doctor wrote her that she is healthy and all for the airlines; however, despite her being around 7 months, her tummy didn't grow up that much and no one asked her about her pregnancy; so my fiance and daughter finally joined me on 21st of January. Happy Happy here, now we are following up with her new doctor , and everything seems perfact. We are expecting our second child around 11th of March. We will get married at the courthouse next Thursday.  Thank you very much for all the help I got from this forum's thread.  I wish you best of luck

Setback on my case. My fiancé has to have Sputum test which basically delays us another 3 months. Ughhh. So much waiting. SLEC original exam was Feb 9th and now she got scheduled 3 days testing from March 7-9. Then she was told to wait a month before immunizations. We canceled our interview on March 16th and will reschedule when she is 100% medical cleared.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Tony and Minche said:

Setback on my case. My fiancé has to have Sputum test which basically delays us another 3 months. Ughhh. So much waiting. SLEC original exam was Feb 9th and now she got scheduled 3 days testing from March 7-9. Then she was told to wait a month before immunizations. We canceled our interview on March 16th and will reschedule when she is 100% medical cleared.

Sorry to hear about your setback. Must be super frustrating. What is a SLEC exam? First time hearing of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Hello!  I have a NOA2 date of November 11th, 2022 and my case is currently "in transit" since February 14th, 2023.  I know I belong to the NOV. 2022 K-1 timeline, but it looks like more people in this group have been approved and have had their cases leave NVC than my group.  I saw a post earlier about "tracking" via DHL, but I've been unable to get that to work.  Does anyone have anecdotal information about how long cases are in transit for?  I understand that each embassy is different.  My case is headed to La Paz, Bolivia.  I'm just hoping to get a range of time to know how long I might have to wait.  Thanks!

Timeline
20 hours ago, Katie Stewart said:

Hello!  I have a NOA2 date of November 11th, 2022 and my case is currently "in transit" since February 14th, 2023.  I know I belong to the NOV. 2022 K-1 timeline, but it looks like more people in this group have been approved and have had their cases leave NVC than my group.  I saw a post earlier about "tracking" via DHL, but I've been unable to get that to work.  Does anyone have anecdotal information about how long cases are in transit for?  I understand that each embassy is different.  My case is headed to La Paz, Bolivia.  I'm just hoping to get a range of time to know how long I might have to wait.  Thanks!

Here it is: https://mydhl.express.dhl/us/en/tracking.html#/results?shipperReference=EXP 14 FEB 2023A&fromDate=2023-02-14&toDate=2023-02-22&destinationCountryCode=BO

I was delivered today 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Catperson_rx said:

Wow!  Thank you so much.  I'm incredibly grateful for that information.  If that's my visa package, then it looks like it arrived this afternoon!  Hopefully they'll update the system tomorrow.  That was such a gift! 

SLEC has some serious issues with this sputum garbage. Seems like they do this to a majority of people and most do not have TB. Most come back negative but I know a few that were positive but did not have TB. Just happened to us on Feb 2nd. She just finished giving her 3 days of samples yesterday. Tell her to get there early. My wife went at 430am every day and was still between number 30 and 50 in line. And they told my wife if negative she will get her immunizations the day she comes back. Not sure why they told you to wait a month. Because you only have 6 months till medical expires so that's cutting it close.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.