JojoandTomas

OCTOBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

89 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ericdima said:

When I go online to create a profile, it asks me for a “Priority Date”. Does anyone know where I can find this?

PD should be listed at the top of your NOA1 and NOA2 letters.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chancy said:

PD should be listed at the top of your NOA1 and NOA2 letters.

NOA1 doesnt have it, NOA2 has it but the field is left empty

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 1/17/2023 at 11:09 PM, ericdima said:

NOA1 doesnt have it, NOA2 has it but the field is left empty

My Priority Date was empty also, I was told by ustraveldocs chat to use the Received Date from the NOA2.

Interview scheduled Feb 15!

Need help / confirmation please!

My Filipina fiance (k1) lived in both Hong Kong and Singapore for 6 months thus requiring police clearance from both countries. Hong Kong is no problem. BUT, we are being told that to request police clearance from Singapore, a request from US embassy is required. This request ONLY comes at interview and we will be in 221 (g) status (incomplete documents) and embassy will give us request letter for Singapore. We then need to submit request and wait 1-2 months more to get the clearance before visa is issued.

Anyone with experience here to confirm above? Is there a way to get embassy request letter BEFORE the interview date?

We currently have an NVC case number and are waiting for it to be shipped to PH US Embassy.

my fiancé got two sets of fingerprints today to use for both HK and SG police clearance requests. 

Any help is appreciated!

22 hours ago, Tony and Minche said:

Need help / confirmation please!

My Filipina fiance (k1) lived in both Hong Kong and Singapore for 6 months thus requiring police clearance from both countries. Hong Kong is no problem. BUT, we are being told that to request police clearance from Singapore, a request from US embassy is required. This request ONLY comes at interview and we will be in 221 (g) status (incomplete documents) and embassy will give us request letter for Singapore. We then need to submit request and wait 1-2 months more to get the clearance before visa is issued.

Anyone with experience here to confirm above? Is there a way to get embassy request letter BEFORE the interview date?

We currently have an NVC case number and are waiting for it to be shipped to PH US Embassy.

my fiancé got two sets of fingerprints today to use for both HK and SG police clearance requests. 

Any help is appreciated!

There is an official website for this and you can check it. You don’t need to request police records for some counties due to this issue. But I can’t remember the website link. Something travel state police clearance for other countries. Try to Google it. I hope this information helps you. 

On 1/2/2023 at 8:58 PM, Immi123 said:

You can go to CEAC website and check the status, but i was unable to create an account. My status says at NVC. I am not sure when NVC received my case. You only complete the DS160 when your case is ready at your consulate. 

When you check your status on the CEAC website, right above where it says, "At NVC," does it say "Non immigrant visa application"  or "Immigrant visa application?"

I tried to check my case status on CEAC website and it would not let me choose the Non Immigrant visa option. I could only choose Immigrant visa. At the top of my case status it says Immigrant Visa Application. I am trying to find out if this is correct or not. I applied for a K1 Visa. I don't want to have to wait even more time because somebody put in the wrong info. It's bad enough they never emailed me any status. I had to email them to get my case number. Now I don't even know what to do with it or what to do next. Everytime I email them they barely answer my question and give me a canned answer. SMH

Edited by Romelus21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

When you check your status on the CEAC website, right above where it says, "At NVC," does it say "Non immigrant visa application"  or "Immigrant visa application?"

I tried to check my case status on CEAC website and it would not let me choose the Non Immigrant visa option. I could only choose Immigrant visa. At the top of my case status it says Immigrant Visa Application. I am trying to find out if this is correct or not. I applied for a K1 Visa. I don't want to have to wait even more time because somebody put in the wrong info. It's bad enough they never emailed me any status. I had to email them to get my case number. Now I don't even know what to do with it or what to do next. Everytime I email them they barely answer my question and give me a canned answer. 

It is correct. Even though K visas are nonimmigrant visas, they are being processed together with immigrant visas. So when you check the cases status at CEAC and later schedule appointment from the embassy you should choose immigrant visa category.

On 1/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, wazzujoel said:

If you're interested, here's a short video I made last October when I visited my fiancée for the weekend. First time making something like this, and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. All original video shot on my iphone. 

21 hours ago, biscoito1r said:

My NOA2 is December 1st. I sent an inquiry recently and received the "We have your case, just sit tight" email. I guess I'll send another one in the beginning of March. I'm hoping for an interview before April.

3 minutes ago, Feyza said:

It is correct. Even though K visas are nonimmigrant visas, they are being processed together with immigrant visas. So when you check the cases status at CEAC and later schedule appointment from the embassy you should choose immigrant visa category.

Ok thanks! I was beginning to think they gave me the wrong person's case status. So are we supposed to get an invoice number? 

Edited by Romelus21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
17 hours ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

Hi guys ,

I got my case number finally !!! It took 81 days after noa2 ( October 29 , 2022)

Congrats!!! Did you get the case number after submitting an inquiry? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
23 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

Ok thanks! I was beginning to think they gave me the wrong person's case status. So are we supposed to get an invoice number? 

If you have your case number, you just need to wait for the embassy to contact you when they receive your case.

Hey, quick question. So I jumped the gun and gathered my affidavit of support documents shortly after NOA2 and now, These supporting documents are now around 3 months old. I heard somewhere they have to be current, no older than 3 months, is this true? If so, I'll need to get working on getting more current documents.

1 hour ago, Chrissss said:

Hey, quick question. So I jumped the gun and gathered my affidavit of support documents shortly after NOA2 and now, These supporting documents are now around 3 months old. I heard somewhere they have to be current, no older than 3 months, is this true? If so, I'll need to get working on getting more current documents.

You need the most recent documents. If you think , they are the most recent. You are fine!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.