JessnTrev

Hoping someone can help with these questions..

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere on this website but I couldn't manage to find it. 

Petition - 1-751 petition to remove conditions.

Immigration received date on my notice of action is - 5.28.2020

I got a notice on 9.29.2021 that said my case was being transferred to Lee's Summit, MO. 

I also had my biometrics.

And my current status shows "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" as of October 7th 2021. 

On 07.01.2020 I was sent a notice saying that my conditional resident status was extended for 18 months from the expiration on my green card.

On 12.14.2021 I received another notice saying that my conditional permanant resident status is extended for 24 months from the expiration on my green card. 

My green card expired on 08.10.2020 and those notices expired on 08.10.2022. 

It is now October and I do not have any more notices for more extensions. I am extremely worried.

When I look up the processing times on the USCIS website I do not even see Lee's Summit under the Field Office or Service Center section.

I am still waiting for my interview. I am planning to fly internationally to the UK in December for a week to visit my family.

I tried calling the USCIS Number and I can not get any answers or even get through to anyone who can help me. 

So I came here looking for any answers. I hope someone can help.

Thank you. 

Jessica. 

Edited by JessnTrev

31 March 2017 - 1-129f Sent

11 April 2017 - NOA1 Hardcopy 

10 August 2017 - NOA2 Approval Date

19 September 2017 - Medical Appointment

29 September 2017 - Interview 

29 September - 2017 - Visa Approved

14 October - 2017 - POE to USA

2 hours ago, JessnTrev said:

My green card expired on 08.10.2020 and those notices expired on 08.10.2022. 

Get that InfoPass appointment and I-551 stamp asap.  You are entitled to one, especially now that your extension letter has already expired.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Call USCIS. Say “info pass”. A human will answer. Request 2 things:

1. an info pass appointment to get an I-551 stamp on your passport 

2. a tier 2 officer to call you regarding the status of your case. 

Thank you for the info, how do you get ahold of a tier 2 officer? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JessnTrev said:

Thank you for the info, how do you get ahold of a tier 2 officer? 

Let me try again 

Make a phone call to USCIS. Say “info pass”. A human will answer. That human is a tier 1 officer and is mostly useless. Ask that tier 1 officer to arrange to have a tier 2 officer call you regarding the status of your case. 

It can take weeks to months for a tier 2 officer to call you. 

Timeline

Update: I asked for an info pass appointment and the lady I spoke to said I have to wait 30 days to get a call to get my appointment scheduled. 

Hopefully sooner than later. 

On 10/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, Chancy said:

Get that InfoPass appointment and I-551 stamp asap.  You are entitled to one, especially now that your extension letter has already expired.

How long before the extension letter expires can you request a stamp? 

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

30 days before if you're lucky. It also helps to have a reason (travel / status validation for employment) 

My 2 year extension letter expires Dec 18th but I'm leaving the country on a cruise Dec 16th. Should I call now to schedule one? I live in Orlando so it's a pretty busy office. Isn't USCIS legally obligated to issue you one if requested? 

Timeline

So today my case updated from "We are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for an interview." to this "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" can anybody explain how this makes sense? my biometrics was back in April 2021 and I've waited over a year to get my appointment scheduled and still have not got my interview but yet it updates to the finger prints update. I am confused. I hope someone can make sense of this.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

So it's been 30 days since I should have got a phone call from USCIS to schedule an appointment and instead I got an email stating they are fully booked and I will basically have to wait for them to call me when appointments open.. is this normal? also just like every question.. how long. My nearest is the Detroit office. I have travel planned for December and I am really starting to freak out. I guess I just have to wait but this is where I am at.

14 minutes ago, JessnTrev said:

So it's been 30 days since I should have got a phone call from USCIS to schedule an appointment and instead I got an email stating they are fully booked and I will basically have to wait for them to call me when appointments open.. is this normal? also just like every question.. how long. My nearest is the Detroit office. I have travel planned for December and I am really starting to freak out. I guess I just have to wait but this is where I am at.

Try different field offices. Try calling again.

Timeline

Do I just ask them to put me on a list for all offices?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.